Chapter 9 - A Surprise Visit

My Definition of Awkward

A few days later, you and Kris were sitting on the couch while watching a movie at your house. Kris looked at you happily eating popcorn while laughing at the movie's jokes. He was about to put his arm around you when there was a knock on the door.

"Who could that be?" You wondered and got up. Kris followed behind you. You opened the door to see Alexa and Jennifer. They were smiling widely. At the same time, the three of you screamed and hugged each other.

Kris raised an eyebrow.

"ALEX! JENNY!" You yelled and stepped back to let them in.

"HI MICH!" They yelled at the same time and stepped in.

"Oh my gosh! What are you guys doing here!" You asked, surprised.

"We bought some tickets to China since we were on vacation to visit you!" Jennifer answered.

"How long are you guys staying?"

"A week." Alexa answered and smiled.

"Yay!" You squealed with them. "I'm so happy!"

"Who is he?" Jennifer asked, looking at Kris.

"Oh," You cleared your throat. "There's a lot I haven't told you guys yet. This is my fiance, Kris. We're getting married in a few months."

Kris waved and smiled at them. "Hi."

"YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED?!" They exclaimed.

You nodded. "Kris, meet Alexa and Jennifer. They're my best friends from Canada."

Alexa pulled you and Jennifer to the side. She whispered, "OMG, Michelle, he's like smokin' hot."

You laughed and her comment. Jennifer whispered, "Girl, you hit the jack pot!"

You showed them to the living room. They sat down on the other couch while you plopped back down with Kris.

You got another bowl and poured some popcorn into it for Alexa and Jennifer. "Thanks." They said and started to watch the movie as well.

---------------------

The next day, you invited Dohee and Sangmi to go with you, Alexa, and Jennifer for a girls' day out. You decided to go to the mall. Dohee and Sangmi met you three at the food court.

"Hey Dohee! Hey Sangmi!" You smiled and hugged them.

"Hey Michelle!" They said in union.

"Meet my friends from Canada, Alexa and Jennifer." You said and smiled.

"Hi." Alexa and Jennifer smiled.

"Alexa and Jennifer, these are my friends Sangmi and Dohee." You introduced them.

"Hi." Sangmi and Dohee greeted.

"Great! Now that we all know each other, let's go do some shopping!" You said happily.

After a few hours of shopping and bonding, you guys ate at the food court. Sangmi, Dohee, Alexa, and Jennifer seemed to have gotten close and were laughing at each other's jokes.

You smiled and continued eating.

-----------

A thunder storm just came and my lights flickered so I'll write part two when the storm ends :)

Saranghaeyo~! <3