I Will Be

EXO Songfic Drabbles [indefinite hiatus]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

Avril Lavigne - I Will Be

 

 

 

[Word count: 488 ]

I Will Be

 

Joonmyun breaks up with him on a rainy sunday afternoon. Well, it wasn’t really a breakup, Lu Han reasons, since they weren’t ever really dating. However, it sounds like a breakup and has all the components of a breakup. They’re in a coffee shop that they frequent around the corner from their college. Joonmyun has a foaming cup of latte in front of him, but makes no effort to drink it. 

“It’s not fair for you, the way I hang around,” Joonmyun mumbles, eyes fixed on his hands. “Just because I love you, it’s selfish of me this way. Guys who are interested in you sometimes think that we’re together and they don’t approach you. Maybe - they could be the one for you. I’m keeping you from finding your happiness.” He takes a deep breath and finally looks up. He stares into Lu Han’s eyes, as if searching for an answer, a sign. Whatever it is he’s searching for, he doesn’t find, because a moment later, Joonmyun gives a soft chuckle and stands up, pushing his untouched coffee away to pick up his umbrella. 

“Wait - where are you going?” Lu Han asks, hand reaching out desperately. He hasn’t even had the chance to order yet - weren't they supposed to get coffee together? 

Joonmyun gives him a sad smile. “That cute waiter over there has been staring at you since you got here,” he says, tilting his head toward the back of the shop. “You should call him over; ask him to give you a recommendation.”

With that, Joonmyun takes long strides out of the coffee shop.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter