Stranger, Bench and Love Will Find You

Stranger, Bench and Love Will Find You

 

Seohyun ran from the restaurant, all of people looked at her in curiousity. She was crying while held her painful cheek. She had a fight with her boyfriend, Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun’s high temperament and jealousy freaked her out. He said that Seohyun was a who always flirted with another guy. Seohyun felt so hurt and yelled at him but she only got hit.

Tears blinded her and she just walked aimlessly. She was tired. She was hurt. She was helpless. She couldn’r run any further then she just slumped on the bench in the garden. She didn’t know where she was. She was too exhausted to recognized her surounding. She just cried, cried and cried.

“Err.. tissue, Miss?” Suddenly he heard someone, but she wasn’t sure that person talked to her or not. So she just ignored it.

A light tap felt on her shoulder and the same voice was heard again, “Here.. wipe your tears.” He said. Seohyun grabbed the tissue without looking at that person.

“Thanks.” She whispered.

“You are welcome.” That stranger simply answered.

Seohyun wiped her tears but it kept streaming down her cheek. The tissue got wetter and wetter. “Excuse me.. do you still have tissue?” She looked to the person beside her and for the first time she saw the face of that stranger.

He was a handsome man with a big round eyes, pointed nose and full lips. He has a high cheek bone and all of those combination result on one word, perfect! He had a sense of playfulness and masculinity.

“Yes.” He said and handed her a pack of tissue.

Seohyun took it and pulled some sheet of tissue and wiped again her tears. “How dare you, Cho Kyuhyun! How dare you!” She shouted, made the man beside her startled and looked at her as if she was a crazy woman.

“Mi-miss? Are you okay?” He asked nervously.

“You call me a ? So what are you? You are just stupid jerk!!!!” Seohyun shouted her anger again.

“Miss... calm down! People are looking at you..” That man more frantic.

“And you slap me!” Her voice was lowered. But she cried again like crazy.

“Miss! Miss! Calm down...” The stranger man shook her shoulder, hoping Seohyun would back to her sanity.

“What?!” Seohyun shouted angrily to the stranger beside her.

“What..?” Asked the stranger with a concern voice. His eyes grew wider. All he could saw was a beautiful lady with a beautiful eyes.. but those eyes was full of anger, pain and sadness. The strange urge to wiped the tears came to his sense. Slowly he raised his hands and wiped the tears on her cheek.

“Am i that pathetic?” Seohyun asked to him.

“No. The one who slap you is more pathetic.” He answered.

“He is my boyfriend.”

“He don’t deserve you.”

“But i love him.

“You are too precious to him.”

Strange. That was really strange. The conversation was also strange. They were stranger but they talked as if they knew each other. He commented freely as if he knew her. He even didn’t knew why Seohyun got slapped. He didn’t knew whether Seohyun was a good woman or bad.

Seohyun shook her head, “You don’t know me...”

“So why don’t you let me know you?” He said.

Seohyun looked at him strangely, got up from her seat then went away without a single word.

 

***

 

This afternoon Yonghwa sat again on the bench in the garden where he met a beautiful stranger. He couldn’t get her out of his head. Her eyes... her face.. her sad face always appear in his dream. Who was she? What was her name? Why did she cry? He didn’t know why but that woman always nudge his mind.

“Seems she won’t came again..” He whispered to himself. He leaned to the back of the bench and covered his face with his cap.

“My decision is right, right? Broke up with him is right, right?” A voice of a woman was heard. Yonghwa felt that weird woman who talked to herself sat beside him. He didn’t bother to get up and saw her.

“Ah.. ottokhae? I am so confused...” That woman mumbled again. Then he stiffed, he recognize that voice. He snapped and looked at her and yes... there she was, Seohyun, sitting right beside him.

Seohyun surprised with the sudden movement and looked at her side just to saw the stranger she met before, Yonghwa. “You!” She gasped.

“We meet again Miss.” Yongwha smiled at her.

“Ah.. anyeong haseyo.” She greeted him awkwardly.

Then silent.

“By the way, I am Yonghwa...” Said Yonghwa, broke the silence.

“I am Seohyun.” She answered.

Then silent again.

“Ah..” Seohyun and Yonghwa talked in the same time.

“You first..” Said Yonghwa.

“No.. You first..” Said Seohyun.

“Ladies first..” Yonghwa insisted.

“No....”

They looked at each other awkwardly then bursted to laughter. Yonghwa held her stomach and laugh hard. Seohyun covered her face, gigling uncontrolably.

“You are so funny, Seohyun-ssi.”

“You are funnier, Yonghwa-ssi.” Said Seohyun.

“So.. Shall we be friend?” Asked Yonghwa.

 

***

 

Today was the bright afternoon. Seohyun was siting on the bench, waiting for someone. She fiddling with her phone and pouted.

“Where is he?” She mumbled.

“Seohyun-ah!!!” Yonghwa ran to her while bringing a plastic bag.

“Yah! Why are you late? I must go back to my office at 1 o’clock!” said Seohyun furiously.

“I am sorry... my boss want me to fix some lyrics.” He panted then sat beside Seohyun.

“What group who will sing your song?” Asked Seohyun and grabbed the food inside the plastic bag which Yonghwa brought.

“A rookie band called CNBLUE.” Yonghwa also grabbed the food, “How’s your job?”

“Hmm.. i have just finished edit Ban Ki Moon’s biography.” Said Seohyun while munching her sandwich, smeared the mayonaisse all over .

“Ey! Eat properly!” Yonghwa wiped the mayonaisse with his hands and it. It didn’t escape from Seohyun eyes. She was dazed by Yonghwa’s action. She felt it kind of intimate. She continued eat in silence. Her heart beat so fast. She must not mistaken by this feeling. She knew it, that she had falling in love with her friend, Yonghwa.

 

***

 

Today was the usual afternoon where Yonghwa and Seohyun always met. But today, Yonghwa found the bench was empty. Seohyun was nowhere to be seen. He took his phone and dialed her number. He had to wait quite long before Seohyun asnwered his call.

“Seohyun-ah, where are you?” Asked Yonghwa, didn’t bother to said hello.

“I am in office. I am busy.” She answered. Her voice was so flat.

“Are you sick or something?” Yonghwa was concerned.

“Ani. I just have a lot things to do....”

“Haven’t you eaten yet?”

“.....I have.”

“Jinjja? Why you seems so tired?”

“Yes, i am. I have a lot of work to do.”

“Are you sure you are not sick?”

“Yes..”

“But...’

“Yonghwa!” She shouted, “please....”

Yonghwa was too confused and fury. He cut the phone off without a single word. “Heck, Seohyun-ah! What’s wrong with you?”

 

***

 

This afternoon, the bench was empty. There was noone who came, neither Yonghwa nor Seohyun. The bench in the garden who became a silent witness of two strangers meet and become friend was left alone there. Cold. Silent. Only the swirling of wind could be heard. The sun still shone brightly but not for the two who avoided each other until now. It was just gloomy day for them.

 

***

 

Yonghwa sat in the bench that evening after his work. He just miss this place.. miss her. Seohyun never contacted Yonghwa and She always rejected Yonghwa’s call.

“What’s wrong with you, Seohyun?” Asked Yonghwa. He leaned on the bench and cover his face with his hand. Then suddenly he felt someone sat beside him. He took a glance and there she was, Seohyun. He didn’t say a word, he just looked at her in awe.

“Anyeong..” She said awkwardly.

“Seohyun...” Yonghwa hugged Seohyun. Seohyun gasped in surprise but didn’t refuse him, “You know that i miss you so much! Why you don’t answer my call?”

“I am sorry.”

“I thought i’ve lost you.” He whispered.

“I am sorry...”

“Don’t leave me like that again, arraseo!”

Seohyun just nodded. How could she said no? The day without him was full of torture. Why he avoided him? She also didn’t know. She loved him but was too afraid to confess it. The friendzone between them was too comfortable. She didn’t want to ruin it by her feeling.

Yonghwa released his hug and looked at Seohyun intently. “I’m with you again.... I really like you. You are my best friend....” Seohyun became tense in instance. The words “friend” kept echoing in her head. “But....I’m sorry, Seohyun.” Yonghwa continued, “I want you more than a friend.”

“Ne?” Seohyun gasped. The world which in pitch black suddenly became bright again. Seohyun couldn’t utter any words. She was just too happy that her feeling was finally answered. She leaned on him and locked his lips with hers. “I love you too” She whispered.

 

***

 

Yonghwa and Seohyun were sitting on their usual bench in the garden. The atmosphere was different. They smiled each other. Seohyun leaned her head to Yonghwa’s chest and their hands were intertwined. Love was in the air.

“It’s funny, isn’t it?” said Seohyun.

“Wae?”

“I never thought that i will meet you here...”

“I think that’s what called destiny.”

“Chessy!” Seohyun hit his shoulder playfully.

“But it’s true..” Yonghwa hugged seohyun in his arm, “the day you sit in this bench while you are crying is the day of blesssing for me...” He kissed her hair, “I love you, Seohyun.”

“I love you too...”

Suddenly Yonghwa released his hugged on Seohyun, made her confused. He knelt to ground then pulled something from his pocket. There was something shining in his hand. “Seohyun, will you marry me?”

Seohyun gaped in awe. This man was serious with her. For God sake, Yonghwa proposed her! “I can’t ask any better than this, Yonghwa. I will! For God sake, I will!!”

Yonghwa smiled happily then slipped the ring on Seohyun’s finger. Seohyun pulled him up to sit again in the bench. “The day you give me tissue while i am crying is the day of blessing for me too. Thank you and i love you.” Then Seohyun captured his lips, held him tight and kissed him passionately like tomorow never come.

Here, in the simple garden bench, two stranger meet, they became friends then falling in love. Tears ever dropped here but it brought a happy destiny for them. Hatred, loneliness, confussion and other feeling was being witnessed by this garden bench. Until finally they met a real happiness.. a happy ending which was another begining... for Yonghwa and Seohyun.

 

THE END



 

Author's Note :

Hi this is meluvyuya..

oneshot from me. simple and random actually.. kkkk~

i just wnat to share my imagination, that's all...

so that's all from me..

see you later :)