Ch 1

Let's Stay Together

Ryeowook looked around the trashed living room fighting back tears. Someone had put a fist through the framed Super Junior poster on the wall. It was one of the few pictures that had all fifteen of them in. His eyes kept on falling back on the two men still in the wreckage of the room. He had put Kangin and Leeteuk, the two perpetrators, on opposite sides of the room after handing each man an ice pack. Split knuckles, bleeding lips: had it been too much to hope that this party would be happy?

Like statues, they sat. Teukie, the fallen angel, and Kangin, the bear-like raccoon. The two men continued to stare at the floor in stony silence. Leeteuk’s hand was half way to his bruised cheek before he remembered himself and stopped. His hand settled back to his lap. His mouth opened as though to sigh but nothing came out. Studiously he avoided looking at anyone else. After making sure no one was going to be killed, all the members had cleared out of the house, leaving the three of them alone.

Ryeowook’s whole body was trembling and finally he couldn’t hold back anymore. Fat tears rolled down his cheek and he put a hand in his mouth to stop the sobs form escaping his mouth. It didn’t make a difference. Big ugly sobs spilled fourth and he knew he sounded like he had the black lung or something. He was so ugly when he cried. Both men looked up but Ryeowook turned away before he could see pity or anger in their eyes. How much did he deserve either? He had done this; he had torn these two brothers apart.