Engagement

Housemates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

‘Dinner tonight at 7. Make sure you make it.’ –Dad

Rome sighed and set his phone down. It was the end of October and there was dinner that he had to go to tonight. Something that he always hated.

A knock came at his door. Rome looked up and called, “Come in.” The door opened and stepped in his secretary. “Barom-ssi, I’m going now.” Mrs. Lee informed. Rome nodded with a soft smile. “Goodnight Mrs. Lee.” “Make sure you go home early. I’m sure Miss Jaekyung wouldn’t like waiting for you.” “Don’t worry, I will. I just have to quickly finish this then I’m able to go and I’m sure if I don’t then Jaekyung would come here and get me out.”

Mrs. Lee chuckled. “She’s a keeper, Barom-ssi.” Rome nodded. “She is and I’m going to keep her. She’s stuck with me for the rest of her life.” “If so then treat her right.”

Rome laughed through his nose. “Alright, I will.” Mrs. Lee smiled and bowed, “Goodnight Barom-ssi.” Rome nodded, “Goodnight Mrs. Lee.” With one last bow, Mrs. Lee left the office.

Once the door clicked close, Rome heaved a sigh. He raked his hand through his hair and slouched back in his chair. “I guess I better start this then go back to get ready.”

------------

“Are you sure you don’t want to come?” Rome asked for the umpteenth time. Jaekyung chuckled and nodded, fixing his tie. “I’ll be fine here. And plus, I don’t want to ruin the family dinner. Your dad doesn’t seem to like…me.” Jaekyung hung her head.

Rome lifted her chin so that she was able to look at him. “Hey, don’t say that. I’m sure my father likes you.” Jaekyung wrinkled her nose. “I don’t think so. The way he acted last time, I highly doubt it that he likes me.” “Don’t think that, babe. You’re perfect.” Rome pulled her into a hug.

Jaekyung wrapped her arms around his waist. “I don’t know, Barom.” “Don’t think about it. He’ll learn to love you, I promise.” Rome tightened his arms around her. Jaekyung nodded her head that was on his chest.

Rome pulled away at arm’s length. “I’ll come back home early, okay?” Jaekyung looked up at him and smiled. She placed at hand on his cheek, caressing it. “If you want to spend time with your parents stay there longer. I don’t want you to rush home if you want to stay with them.” Rome placed a hand over hers. “Babe, I’d rather stay by your side then go eat dinner with my parents.”

Jaekyung smiled, tiptoed and pecked his lips. “Go. I’m sure your parents don’t like to wait.” She ushered. “Are you sure you don’t want to come?” Rome asked. Jaekyung nodded. “I’m sure, now go.”

“Alright then, I guess I’ll be going.” Rome sighed and stepped towards the front door. He slipped on his shoes and looked at Jaekyung again. “Are you really not coming?” He asked.

Jaekyung chuckled and pushed Rome towards the door. “Go.” Rome pouted then puckered his lips. Jaekyung arched a brow. “What are you doing?” “My ‘goodbye’ kiss.” Rome said with his lips still puckered up.

With no choice, Jaekyung got on her tippy toes and kissed him properly on the lips. Rome smiled and wrapped an arm around her waist, deepening the kiss.

Jaekyung pulled back and smiled at the disappointed Rome. “Aw come on babe.” He pouted. Jaekyung shook her head. “Sorry, but you have a dinner to attend. Now go before you’re late.” She shooed him away.

-------------

Rome stepped out of his car. He buttoned that one button on his blazer and handed his key to the chauffer. Then he walked through the glass double doors. The paparazzi went running up to Rome as he entered the hotel.

He flashed them his charming smile and continued walking towards the big hall. The paparazzi then started to through questions his way.

“Barom, how do you feel about this?” “Are you really going to do it?” “Is this going to be final?” “Are there any last words you would like to say?”

Not understanding what the questions meant, Rome ignored them and continued walking. Once he reached the big hall, Rome was greeted with dozens of flower stands lined up against the wall with all sorts of greetings, but he didn’t care to read them for he was too busy to get this ‘dinner’ over with.

When he reached the wooden double doors, they opened for him like they were already expecting him. But to Rome’s surprise, there were many business people there sitting on nice white clothed tables.

Everything in the room was white. There was a long white aisle that led to the front of the room. Rome looked around and saw that everyone had their eyes on him with smiles plastered on their faces.

Rome knitted his brows together in confusion. Then he spotted his parents in the front of the room. Mr. Yu had no expression and Mrs. Yu; boy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter