The Begining and Hard to Starboard

Titanic

My heart will go on

Every night in my dream I see you I feel you

This is how I know you go on

 

Im Yoona, come from very poor family. She board the new Titanic ship in order to change her fate and seeking better jobs. She left her family in her hometown and move to America. The journey will take more than one week, now she already in her fourth day.

Lazing around with her fellow roommate, her eye caught one beautiful girl standing at deck belong only for first class passenger, in any other mean Yoona the third class couldn’t go there. The wind blow her long black yet straight her gracefully, how serene she look when this lady look at sunset.

“Oh!! As expected from Lady first class. She unlike human with that kind of beauty. Seo Joohyun…what a beautiful angel”

“Are you sick? What the connection between that with your words?!” Yoona knock her friend head, she just remember last night. The night she witness the different side of Seo Joohyun. Last night, when Yoona went to ship stern, she saw Seo Joohyun already standing behind rail and ready to jump into the sea.

“Don’t come any closer!!! If you come, I’ll let go! I’ll jump!!!”

Yoona cautiously took slow step toward Seohyun, “I wouldn’t do that if I were you! If you want to kill yourself you better search other less painful way! Jumping into the cold water will freezing you and slowly kill you, not instantly”

“I don’t know who you are but why you trying to stop me…”

Slowly Seohyun crying, “I can’t stand it anymore…since the day I was born…it’s same thing over and over again…”

“My feeling…they don’t even care about it…they just marrying me with someone I didn’t even know because our family financial and…”

“I don’t even know the freedom…I want it…if this…I would rather…” Seohyun turn her back to Yoona and prepare to jump.

Yoona slowly offer her hands and smile, “You know, the sea water at night so freezing and this is autumn seasons too! If you jump the pain because freezing water like thousand knife stab you! Your body feels numb! You can’t move but you still feel the pain!”

Yoona took another step to Seohyun, seeing Seohyun hesitating to jump, “It’s already happen to me and the pain is so…unbearable not to mention I only wear thin layer clothes!”

 

That how they meet, Yoona manage to save Seohyun and Seohyun fiancé come, the rich person Cho Kyuhyun. As gratitude, Kyuhyun offer Yoona some money but Seohyun said it would be better if Yoona join their dinner night.

Worrying about the dress, Yoona didn’t notice Seohyun eyeing Yoona and she called by her mother. Madam Seo, the noble widow who had financial issue because her husband medic fee. She engage her daughter to rich family Cho.

“Remember, behave yourself in the party! Many important and prominent family will come and join our table!”

Back to Yoona, “Hey you, pretty girl!!” Yoona look up to see lady wave at her and mention her to come. Yoona walk to this lady, “The Name is Narsha Park, I know you being invited by Cho for our dinner! What will you wear?”

Yoona just shaking her head, she knows this lady is First class passenger from her glamour clothes. This ship divide into four class, S class come from very prominent family like royal or come from historical family and heavily effect the world even now. The first class for rich and all, second for middle class traveler, and third for immigrant.

Narsha just chuckle and tap Yoona shoulder lightly, “Don’t worry, I figure it out! Come with me, I have something make you like little Prince!!”

Yoona standing in front of big mirror at First class cabin, Narsha private one. Yoona wear expensive tuxedo, “I’m so glad this suits you well. This is actually my late sons, she die because of sickness. You can take it if you want, it’s all yours!”

“Why you doing this? Why you help me so much? Is it okay that I wear male dress instead dress?”

Narsha just chuckle and let her maid do Yoona hair, “Easy, Cho family will mock you down if you dress below their standard and I don’t want to see that. It’s okay, because you will see other important person who wear tuxedo despise she is a female!”

 Narsha clasp her hands in delight to see little Prince Yoona. “You act as my distance family from my late husband side, okay? Anyway, when we arrive at America why don’t you work for my company?” Yoona just nodding while Narsha nodding in acknowledge.

When Narsha come, Madam Seo already eyeing Narsha from afar with Seohyun beside her, “That woman…really vulgar and new money…” she mocking Narsha but Seohyun notice the dazzling Yoona beside Narsha.

To Narsha side, “Listen, Seo family is old lineage of Noble but bit difficult with money. What I trying to say is if that Madam Seo word is full with knife, just let it be!” Yoona just nodding and keep her eye at Seohyun. Narsha educated Yoona some important person that will join their table.

“The two main guest still absent” suddenly one short girl with her marine uniform full with emblems that tell everyone her higher rank, she comes with one beautiful lady dressed in pink beside her. The lady holding the captain arms.

“That one of our important guest, Kim Taeyeon and her wife, Tiffany Hwang. Kim Taeyeon is captain of this sailing. She comes from very prominent family at America. The Commodore of this sails is her aunt, Kim Shinyoung. Captain Taeyeon known for her outstanding skill for sailing”

Yoona seen Taeyeon went to empty place and take some drink for Tiffany, two of them talking happily, “Her wife, they just married two month ago anyway. Her wife is Noble Hwang from London, part of England Royal Family. Her Noble rank higher than Seo of course, but don’t worry they are not mean like Cho, in fact they are good person who enjoy good laugh. They are S class passenger if you want to know”

Not too long, all eye in ballroom fixed at entrance. One tanned girl who wearing the expensive tuxedo walking and in her arms, beautiful girl who so strikingly gorgeous walking beside her. “That’s the World Billionaire, businessman, real estate builder, investor, inventor, and many more. The richest passengers in here or rather maybe in the world also well know for Hero of America in the War. Not to mention, she the one who pay all the expense for Titanic” Narsha said while twirling her glass.

“The lady beside her is her wife, they already married for six years and already got daughter name with Krystal Kwon Soojung. Her name is Jessica Jung, the Rich Business established family from France and she got some royal blood from France King! Same with Kim family, they are S class too!”

The dinner not so awkward because Narsha, Tiffany and also Kyuhyun who keep boosting his family assets. Taeyeon and Tiffany pretty lively and love to talk and sharing some of their experience from traveling and all. But of course Yoona could feel the charismatic of Taeyeon but still in relaxing manner because she likes to joke so does her wife.

For Yuri, Yoona found it so awkward because Yuri so intimidating with her aura and not to mention Yuri not really talkative type and can be very serious one. Yuri really amazingly handsome, like she not a human. Her wife, Jessica same as her too both inhumanly beautiful and quiet. Yoona could tell that Jessica is very blunt person and sometimes her remarks make Kyuhyun lost words.

“So, what you doing Im-ssi? Also what your relationship with Park-ssi?” Kyuhyun smirking at Yoona, she know that he want to make fool of her in front of Taeyeon and Yuri. Seohyun already eyeing Kyuhyun in angry.

“Oh, I forget to introduce you. Yoona here is my family because she still has relationship with my late husband!”

“Mr. Park family? Did you have some kind of connection with Park Jinyoung, the famous businessman?” Yuri asking. Even by the voice make Yoona heart seem hard to beating because this scare intimidating aura.

“No, I related with Park near our home at Korea, near Han River or Gangnam Park” this answer make Narsha, Taeyeon, and Tiffany laughing while Yuri just smile but this only programmed smile.

 

“Ah, that dinner really so stiff!!! Let me show you our third class party” Yoona who already close with Seohyun as friends open the door to party room for third class. In there they dancing merrily and also drink the beer.

Yoona dragging Seohyun, “Come on! Let’s dance!!!”

At first Seohyun dance reluctantly but in mere a second Seohyun dance happily just likes Yoona, she grown to like the freedom that Yoona show to her.

Morning, when Seohyun and Kyuhyun eating breakfast. Suddenly Kyuhyun throw the table away and towering over Seohyun. “You need to be aware of our social position! I can’t allow you to do whatever you wish from now on!”

“You are my fiancée and there will be no next time!!”

 

“He prohibits me to see you anymore” the next meeting in their secret place, Yoona and Seohyun grown close more than friends now.

“How could you stand this? This pressure of this tight law and future? You will die because of this Seohyun-ah!! I’m so worried about you!!” Yoona said while holding Seohyun hands.

Seohyun then sighed and look at Yoona with her empty eye, “…It’s not up to you and it’s got nothing to do with you!”

“You right, but I love you…”

Sunset, Yoona watching it alone because of chill wind no one at deck. “Hey, you need to stop your bad habits sneaking around like that!” Yoona said without looking her back, in there’s Seohyun already standing with gentle smile.

“I change my mind!”

Slowly she holding Yoona hands, “I wouldn’t mind to…running away with you…”

 

Midnight, the newly couple playing around at deck and Yoona gather her courage to kiss Seohyun at lips. Two guard who patrolling watching the kiss, their name is Amber Liu and Goo Hara. “Wow, look at that Amber! They kiss so hot like wow!! I wouldn’t even dream to kiss someone at this kind of weather and also…”

But Amber not looking at the couple, she looks at in front of her with horror face. “Hara!! There’s trouble!!! Iceberg!!!”

“Iceberg?!!! What the?!!! But we didn’t have any warning!!!!” Hara said, while Amber trying to calling control room.

“Pick!! Pick dammit!!!! Come on!!!!”

“Quick!!! We…!!!!”

When Shinyoung answer the call, “Iceberg right ahead!!!!! Iceberg right ahead!!!!!!” Amber shouted. In second Shinyoung got that news, the strong shake attack the ship and loud screech sound from bellow ship.

Big shock broke the kiss, Yoona steadily hug Seohyun to protect her from fall because of the shock. The shock wake up some of the passenger who already sleeping. “What was that?!!!” Narsha wake up with confuse face.

While Taeyeon and Tiffany who already sleeping suddenly wake up in alarm. Taeyeon then dash to telephone to call command room, but busy. Though she already got some bad feeling about this. She went to Tiffany and calmly asks her to wear something warmer and she prepares lifejacket for Tiffany.

“What happen Taetae?”

Sense her wife fear, Taeyeon smile at Tiffany. “There must be big wave but rest assure! Though wear this for protection! I will accompany you here, okay?” Taeyeon said while kiss Tiffany lips and let Tiffany cuddle in her body.

Yuri who still awake and reading some book, when the shock come she immediately went to her sleeping wife and daughter. Her wife wakens up but her daughter still sleeping. Hearing the loud screech and abnormal shock, Yuri already has some picture about what happen.

“Wear something warmer and wear this lifejacket. Stay here with our maid and bodyguard, okay? I’ll go check what happen, okay? Wait for me until I come back, okay?”

Slowly Jessica nodding, sensing her wife reluctant slowly Yuri kiss Jessica forehead. “I’ll be back in second” with that Yuri grab her jacket and coat also pant, quickly wear it and dash to order her bodyguard and maid to assist her wife and daughter. Yuri runs to command room in hurry.

Sunny Lee, the Ship Designer and Builder look so pale because the view in front of her, the Titanic hit Iceberg. While Shinyoung let the phone hanging loosely at her hands because of the news.

“We were…hit…”

Suddenly Taeyeon room knock by someone, Taeyeon open it and Choi Sooyoung already standing in front of her. Choi Sooyoung is Head Security in Titanic. “Sir, you need go to Command room now!!! We in critical condition!”

“Okay!! Fany-ah, I’ll go to command room okay? Our maid will be here to accompany you!”   

“The fifth compartment already flooded, it’s too late to stop this” Sunny said while looking at ship map, Yuri standing behind her. The reason why she here because she the one who sponsored the Titanic and also take some little part designing the ship.

“Eventually the water will get into all the compartments and under all the weight, this…the ships will be flounder”

“But the ship can’t sink!!” the reporter for famous news, Park Jiyeon said.

“She will because she made of Iron and she didn’t have wing to fly us to America in instant. She will sink to the depth of sea!” Sunny said while rolled her map.

“The ship will sink…”

Taeyeon calmly speak, “How long? How much time that we have now?”

Sunny just look at Taeyeon, “An hour, two at the most…” Sunny then sighed, “There’s 20 lifeboat aboard and 60 people at most will fit at one including the sailor, there’s more than 3000 people on board…do you understand what this mean?”

Taeyeon touch her hat, “…I believe you will may get your headline” there’s no smile left on Taeyeon face now, only seriousness. Shin Shekyung just holding her head in disbelieve, Sunny and Yuri just looking for another blueprint.

“CQD…SOS?” Kim Hyoyeon, Taeyeon other cousins who work as Communicator with Nicole Jung. She took the paper from Taeyeon. She gives the paper to Nicole, “Why did we get these directions?”

“…This ship will sink…within 2 hours”

 

PM 0:05

“Women and children first!!!!!”

“Women and children first!” Sooyoung shouted, “Men will be next!! Please wait as you were!!!” Sooyoung said while ordering the passenger to evacuate. Sooyoung then notice Seohyun who dragged by her mother, she took out one package and give it to Seohyun.

“I have family in America, my sibling! This is their favorite ham and olive oil, it’s very important because we always eat this for our celebration. Could you go and give it to them, this letter too…please?”

Seohyun took it, her mind already mess because Yonghwa arrest Yoona she couldn’t properly thinking with this chaos. “…Why you giving it to me, unnie?”

Sooyoung smile, “It’s seem that I won’t be able to deliver them myself” Sooyoung smile and turn her back at confuse Seohyun, “Sayonara okasan to otousan!” with that Sooyoung walk away to discipline the evacuate process.

 

Seohyun give the package to Narsha who already at lifeboat with Madam Seo, the boat slowly derived but Seohyun jump to deck and run, “Goodbye mother!!!” she run from lifeboat for Yoona.

“Wait!! Get in the boat!!!”

“Seo Joohyun!!!!”