Deerstalker

He Who Has Grey Eyes

Deerstalker


She had finish her part time job at the bookstore. She had a full time job as a preschool teacher and she had loads of free time after hours. Earning extra bucks would never hurt. Besides, it helped with the rent of her apartment. It was almost midnight when she arrived home. Along the way, she had the strangest feeling that someone was following her home. When she turned around, there was no one. She brushed away those thoughts and blamed her imagination for running so wild. Do Kyungsoo's thriller books have been getting to her lately combined with the fear of a murderer lurking around. She really needed to get herself a roommate fast. She decided to unwind with a long bubble bath with scented oils. She really needed to soothe her cluttered mind. As soon as she stepped into her bedroom, hairs at the back of her neck were standing. She knew something was wrong. Then she saw it.

 

I shall be coming for you soon

 

Written in her red lipstick was a note left by someone. He or she might have done it while she was at work. She shivered at the note she received. Could it be a stalker? She was at a loss. It had been occurring for two days already. Notes from a mysterious man. She made a wrong move of keeping it to herself though. She brushed away all thoughts and went into a deep slumber.

 

The apartment door crept open and a man slipped in. His footsteps were silent as he crept towards the bedroom. By the bedside, he gazes at the sleeping figure before breaking into a devilish grin. His next victim was right in front of his eyes, like a predator eyeing its prey. He had to stop himself from touching her.

 

"That's right darling. You're untouchable now. Sleep tight, because soon enough, you will never see light. Sweet dreams," he whispered into her ear. Her eyebrows furrowed and she tossed and turned restlessly. He smirked and left quietly.

 

She woke up with a shrill scream. That dream felt so real. It was if her stalker was watching her sleep. She stared at the spot near the wardrobe. That was where he stood in her dream. Fear crept in her and a shiver ran down her spine. Whatever it was, she braced herself for a busy day ahead.

 

"Hyewon unnie, help me find a roommate, please. It's getting too lonely in my apartment," she begged her bestfriend, deciding to leave out the part where she had a creepy stalker after her.

 

"Oh, my little dongsaeng actually missed me when I moved out? Hmm, should I tell Kangho that I'll move in with you then? I hope he understands," the slightly older woman said.

 

"No no, unnie, I'm not asking you to move out from true apartment you share with your boyfriend. I'm just asking for a new roommate. That's all," she explained clearly to get rid of the doubts. "I don't want to burden you anymore," she sighed, puffs of vapour coming out of . It was a really cold winter afternoon. The cold, oh how she hated it.

 

"Alright, anything for my sweet little Im Hyunbi," the other woman sang sweetly, as if teasing her.

 

"Unnie, no fair. Let's go grab some dinner. My treat," she laughed lightheartedly.

 

Im Hyunbi, a graduate from Seoul University with a bachelor of arts in literature, also certified in early education. A freelance photographer, part time cashier at a comic bookstore and a full time preschool teacher. She won the 'Young composers' competition three times in a row, and was crowned a talented violinist. Basically, Im Hyunbi is an all rounder. A filial child, respectful to elders and also a great cook (and a clean freak too). She was the perfect 'sweet girl' package any man would want to have as their partner. She was next. She was Im Hyunbi.