1 Year Later

He was there for me when depression was a jerk.

Hana's POV

2009

Macau.

It was actually a really great place. Except for the fact that I had no friends and I was in a mini house arrest.

Probably because I didn’t want to go outside.

Why?

Because there are too many things that could make me remember of my past.

Plus, my aunt didn’t want me outside.

I was homeschooled for like…ever. 

My aunt was a former teacher in America. She told me she had to retire because she was pregnant. So she came to Macau with my uncle.  Then after a while my uncle got a job in Seoul so they left and stayed there until my aunt gave birth to my cousin.

Well, that’s all I know.

My cousin’s in Seoul right now, for schedules and stuff.

You want to know who my dear beloved cousin is?

Take a guess.

Anyway, my aunt home schools me every day since she’s a house wife. Now I know 3 different languages. Cantonese, English, and Korean. She taught me how to cook and all those stuff.

I never really did anything besides read, study, and eat.

Ugh. I’m starting to sound like a nerd.

So I the television ad I switched the channel until it was a Korean program.

The mc’s said something about shining stuff and a world that’s shining?

What. The. Hell.

Goodness.

What has reading too much fiction done to me?

Did I house arrest myself too much?

I should seriously go out more before I-

“Baby~” a yellow haired guy with a white coat yelled.

“HOLY-“ I screamed, and bounded for the remote to turn off the TV.

“Hana? Are you okay?” My aunt called.

“U-uhh..yeah I am. Sort of.” I mumbled still staring at the dark screen.

“Can you come in the kitchen for a moment? I need your help with something.”

“A-arasso, I’m coming.” So I hoped off the couch and left for the kitchen until the doorbell rang.

“Hana, can you please go deal with the pasta please while I get the door?” my aunt said while walking for the door. So I nodded and stirred the pasta more.

This might take a while…stupid pasta is-

“Hana?”

I froze and ran to the living room.

“Ryeowook!!!!” I screamed and ran to hug him. “Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh I can’t believe you’re here!!”

“Okay Hana…I can’t…breathe!” he gasped.

I let go but I was still holding his hand.

“So oppa, what are you doing here?” I grinned widely.

“Well…I came here to take you back to Seoul.” He smiled.

But my grin faded away.

“Wh-What?”

 

Few minutes later-

“W-waee? Why should I go? I’m fine here.” I frowned at my aunt who was helping me pack my stuff.

“Hana.” She said while facing me. “Your brother wants you to go with him.”

“B-But what about you?” I mumbled while holding her shoulder.

“I’m old enough to take care of myself. Don’t worry about me.” She smiled in reassurance.

“Okay.” I smiled back and hugged her.

“I’ll miss you.’” She mumbled to me while caressing my hair.

“Me too.”

 

-Few hours later-

“What the heck are you wearing?” I told my brother who was dressed in a way he would never dress.

“Disguise.” He replied.

“Right.” I rolled my eyes.

“Well, come one. Our flight is boarding.”

I nodded in response while taking a glimpse of the outside.

“Hana!” he called.

I ran to his side carrying one trolley bag behind me.

“You look sad.” He told me.

I looked up to see him worried.

“W-well…”

“Don’t worry. Everything will be fine.” He smiled in reassurance while I smiled back.

“O-okay.”

I guess…

 

 

I have to face my past again.