Chapter 40: Be Mine

THE HEIRESS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 40: Be Mine

 

Jiyong closed his eyes as he felt the hot water from the shower sprinkle all over his face down to his body. The words he heard back at the restaurant kept replaying on his head over and over and every time Dara’s words pop up, an unimaginable pain pierce through his chest.

 

He stopped on his tracks after walking out of the bathroom, he saw Top busily rummaging through his luggage across the room. His hands curled into fist, just a mere sight of this buffoon made his blood boil. He imagined himself lunging towards the guy and beating the hell out of him just to make the pain in his chest disappear. Yet, he decided against it, even though he can never have Dara as his girlfriend, he wouldn’t risk his friendship with her.

 

He heavily breathed out and tore his gaze away from Top and walked towards the cabinet. He grabs a black shirt and pulled it over his head.

 

“You okay man?” Top asked Jiyong when he noticed him across the room.

Jiyong chose to ignore him and plopped himself on the sofa and the TV. He pressed the volume up on the remote while he laid both his feet on the center table.

Top shook his head and grab something from his bag. If only you knew.. He thought before walking out the door.

 

..

 

After 30 channels and 2 bottles of beer, Jiyong finally turned the TV off and glanced up at the wall clock. It’s only 5 minutes after 5pm. He’s still having second thoughts if he should go with them to the island. He don’t think he will last another hour having them in the same room acting sweet and all.

 

He pushed himself off the sofa with a half-empty bottle of beer in his hand. His gaze landed on the balcony through the glass door. Maybe I just need some fresh air. He thought as he slowly walked towards the balcony.

 

He leaned both his elbow on the metal railings as he glance at the orange horizon infront of him, it was sunset. Somehow this magnificent view remind him of their little escapade back in Busan. He drank from his bottle without taking his eyes off the big orange sun which is now trying to hide underneath the blue ocean. Maybe I should put up one last fight. He thought as his grip on the bottle tighten. I won’t let him win.

 

With new determination found, He quickly drank the remaining liquid on his bottle before turning on his heel. But before he could enter the room, something or someone caught his attention. He return his gaze toward the ocean, but this time he zoomed in along the shore. His heart stopped beating when he realized who it was. Dara. She was talking to Top.

 

He tried squinting his eyes to get a clearer view of the two, but to his dismay he was too faraway to see their expression. Top was giving something to Dara.. a book? A box? He can’t see it. Dara suddenly hug Top. They stood like that for more than a minute. He saw Top leaning forward as he enclose both his arms around Dara’s waist.

 

The bottle in his hands suddenly drop to the floor. Breaking into pieces, just like Jiyong’s heart. Tears were now forming at the edge of his eyes as he painfully watch the couple hugging each other. That’s it. He angrily thought as he dash back at the room wiping the tears off his cheeks.

 

 

..

 

 

Dara excitedly ran towards the port. She already texted both Top and Jiyong that they’ll spend the night over on the island. And the thought of riding a yacht fueled her excitement. It’s gonna be her first time riding a boat. She just wish that Jiyong is now in a better mood, so not to spoil the evening.

 

As she stopped by the port, she double check the paper bag on her hands. He’s so gonna love me after this. Dara excitedly thought.

 

“Ms. Kim?” A man on his 40’s approached Dara.

 

“Yes?” Dara answered with her brightest smile.

 

“Mr. Han sent me to pick you up, his private yacht is over there.” The man pointed to a beautiful white yacht at the end of the dock. “Mr. Choi is already inside waiting for you.”

 

“Oh! He’s here already?” Dara asked

 

“Yes, Ma’am, you may follow me.” The man said before walking towards the yacht with Dara tailing behind him.

.

“huwaaaa!! This is so cool!!” Dara giddily said as she bounce herself on the leather sofa inside the cabin.

 

“The Hans owns 5 luxurious yachts, and this one right here is his most prized possession. I guess his guests today are really that important.” The man said with a smile on his face.

 

“Sincha? Wow, we’re honored to ride this one, sincha.” Dara exclaimed while roaming her eyes at the luxurious interior.

 

“Glad you liked it, by the way, your friend is at the deck.” The man said pointing to a door that leads to the deck infront of the yacht.

 

“Thanks!” Dara said before dashing out.

 

It was now getting dark but a faint light still illuminate the sky. Dara could only sigh at the breathtaking view infront of her. She unconsciously wrapped her arms around her as the cold ocean breeze against her thin skin.

 

“Beautiful, isn’t it.” She heard Top’s voice behind her, but she didn’t’ tore her eyes off the view. She felt him walked beside him.

 

“Yes it is.” She softly said

 

“Just like back in the days…” Top said as he reminisce the days he spent back in Busan, back when they were still teenagers, back when he was happy and contented. Back when he still.. He turned his head to glance at Dara and longingly looked at her beautiful face.

 

“Uhuhum..” He cleared his throat as he forcefully tore his eyes away from Dara and back at the view infront of them. He gently took off his black cardigan and put it over Dara’s shoulder.

 

“Thanks” Dara muttered feeling the warmth from the cardigan.

 

“You know.. I’m happy..” Top suddenly said without looking at her.

 

Dara glanced at him with her brows furrowed.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter