Ch. 7-Impatient...

왕 전하-The King

---Taecyeon’s P.O.V. ---

“Yoona…” I called, when I heard her close the door.

Yeh, jeonha?” she replied in her angelic voice.

Why was she so familiar to her? Just why? What the hell is going on?!

“Yoona, will you… go out with me?” I finally spit out.

“Jeonha… how could I…?” she replied with worry hidden in her voice.

“We can make this work, we can go on private dates and do all the things you want to do as a couple.” He suggested.

“Oppa… that’s the thing. I don’t want to meet in private. I want to be like all those couples who are able to show of their love.”

What she said stung me in the heart so bad. It was just like what she said when I first asked her to date me. Hara ah, is this okay with you? Is it time for me to love again? Hara, give me a sign at least…

“All right. Give me time to think about that then and you think about it too.”

---End---

Yoona left his office and went to the maid’s headquarters.

“Yoona! Where the heck have you been? Didn’t I tell you that His Highness had an event this morning?! Why were you so careless?” Yuri lectured the rookie when she came in, while all her co-workers were in the commons.

“I’m sorry I was careless; His Highness wanted to skip it so he told Butler Kim to go to the garage and had Secretary Yoo go to it in his stead.” She explained.

“I don’t want to hear of your excuses. Another mistake and you are out of here. Do you understand?” Yuri firmly said. Just because His Highness recommended her, didn’t mean it’d give her the right to do whatever she wanted.

“Yes, Yuri.” She bowed and walked to her room to wash up for the night. She laid in bed and thought of what Taecyeon said to her earlier while they were in his office.

Just then her phone rang and she looked at the caller I.D.

‘Seohyunnie’ it read.

Hello?

Yoona ah! How are you? I haven’t heard from you, so I decided to check up on you.

Seohyunnie, thank you. I appreciate it. I’m already stressed from it. Today, His Highness had an event and he was supposed to go, but as soon as we got to the gate, he changed his mind. Guess where we went?

Eodi?

To the beach, then Lotte World and dinner.

Yoona!

It’s not my fault. He wanted to go because I don’t know either. Seohyun ah, he…

What’s the matter?

Seohyunnie…

Yoona, don’t tell me… You can’t be! Yoona! He’s the King!

I know. He asked me out today. One side of me wanted to say yes, but it would be a big problem. What do I do, Seohyunnie? Help me…

Yoona, as your best friend, I can only tell you to listen to your heart. It’s what will make you happy. Do what you think is best for you. I’ll always support you from behind and so will Yonghwa oppa.

Komawo Seohyunnie. What would I do without you? I’m so glad I have you by my side. Ever since umma and appa passed in that car accident, because of the drunkard, you’ve been by my side.

You’re welcome. Well go to sleep now. I’m pretty sure you have a heck of a schedule tomorrow anyways.

Arasso. Goodnight, Seohyun.

The next morning she woke up to no alarm sounding and stared at the alarm clock.

“Omo! I’m late!” she scurried out of bed and to the bathroom to wash up.

“Yoona, what are you doing?” Jessica asked, in confusion.

“I’m late!” she yelled.

“There’s no work today. It’s Saturday.” Jessica informed the rookie.

“Thank goodness.” She wiped her forehead, in relief.

“Im Yoona, what are you doing? You should be at his Highness’ side!” half whispered Yuri.

“OMO! I forgot…” she hurriedly threw her shoes on and ran to the palace.

“Im Yoona… where is she? Khun, are you sure Yoona is here?” Taecyeon paced back and forth in his office, waiting impatiently.

The door bursted open and Yoona came running into the office and half bowed, profusely. “I’m sorry, Your Highness.” She swiped her hair to the side and looked at Nichkhun, asking with her eyes, what was wrong.

He looked away from Yoona’s doe eyes. The more that he looked; those eyes truly looked like Hara’s eyes. It was those pair of eyes that made you not able to lie but tell the truth. Taecyeon turned around and saw Yoona staring at Khun; his eyes started to water and his heart beated faster.