The Fact

The Fact.

Tugging my pillow close and blocking the sunlight creeping into my window seem to be a routine now; as well as getting used with the emptiness of the other side of my bed. I let out a soft chuckle; I will never get used to it--I know this much. Who am I kidding?

 

Good morning, beautiful.

He used to say with his body wrapped around mine as I wake up, seeing his handsome face smiling sweetly at me, his eyes gazing straight to mine lovingly like I was the only woman that ever exist. But it was all in the past; two desperate months of living to be exact.

 

I decided to get up; I still need to go to work. I sat at my bed and pulled the blanket. Before continuing of folding it, I smelled a hint of his scent on the large cloth.

 

Hey baby.

He used to whine whenever I attempt to leave my bed. He will embrace me tighter and cover ourselves with the blanket; as he gently kisses me under it. I gave in a frustrated sigh. He still haunts me; he has always been a jerk and I was such a fool to love him this much. Not that I plan to; it’s because he let me fall for him harder day by day.

 

I grabbed my towel on the rack after cleaning up. I went to the bathroom. I turned it on as the cold water ran through my body, giving me goose bumps.

 

Baby, let’s go together~

He used to insist. He will stay behind that door and knock for numerous times as he keeps on saying the line over and over until I finally give in. He’ll be chuckling as I open up and will quickly press his lips to mine as he enters the room. And the bath would take five times longer than usual.

 

He’s everywhere. I have spent half of my life with him; making it impossible to live without him.

He is my air.

 

After awhile, I fitted my clothes for work; clearly remembering every details about him.

 

Let me.

He used to invite. He’ll be standing behind me, tracing my bare shoulders with his soft lips. He would dress me up like a mannequin as we both stand in front of the full-length mirror, looking at each other like the earth only turns for the two of us. I felt my heart ached once more but I was getting used with the pain; wishing to get numb one day. I shook my head, I’ll be late. I slung my bag to my arms and went out.

 

I turned the knob open.

 

I love you.

He used to whisper whenever it’s time for me to go. He’ll pull me closer as he reach out for my cheeks, memorizing every single detail of it. He’ll slide his fingers on my hand, filling up the spaces like it was only made for us, perfectly entangled.

 

Saranghae, saranghae, saranghae, saranghae.

He used to say, like cold wind brushing into my ears.

 

But everything ends there; he wouldn’t come back. He already disappeared into the darkness, leaving me with lies he made me believe.