In his arms

By your side

Angela woke up, slowly beginning to register her surroundings. That wasn't her room. She sat in the bed quickly just to feel the pounding pain in her head. She hissed in pain and opened her eyes again to look around. She was in Kyuhyun's bed, fully dressed, her clothes all sweaty. Great.

She got up carefully and made her way to the door. The hallway was empty, the living room was empty... OK, got the idea. The boys were out on schedules. She looked and the clock in the kitchen - 11:30. WHAT?!?!? There was a sheet of paper on the table.

'Angei, 

We had to leave for schedules. Min Ji brought clothes for you, so you can change. Don't worry I adjusted the alarm clock for 12:00, so you won't be late for work. Eat before you leave. Ryeowook prepared your favourite chicken with vegetables. I am worried for you, please we need to talk. I'll finish with everything at 22:00. Let's meet then. 

Love, 

your genius'

Then Angela remebered everything that happened yesterday. Oh, no. No, no, no, she didn't.

Yes, she did. Now they were extremely worried, and she was supposed to give an explanation. 

Angela took  her phone, dialed a number and waited for the person to pick up.

"Sungmin oppa?"

 


Sungmin was sitting on a bench in the park behind Angela's apartment building. It was already late and the evening was unusually cold for September, so the place was empty.

He was here, because Angela asked him. She had called during SJM's practice and when the converation ended he went to Kyuhyun and dragged him out of the room.

"Angela wants to talk to me tonight." Kyuhuyn furrowed his eyebrows.

"Wait, why not to me? I asked her to meet tonight."

"Because she said she is afraid you will never want to see her again if you know."

"WHAT?" Kyuhyun grabbed his hair in frustration. "How is that even possible?"

"Look, she asked me to tell she is too tired to talk today and called me to meet at the park near her place. I'm telling you this, because I think you deserve to know and I have a feeling I know what she is going to say. So, come with me, but hide somewhere, OK?"

"Hyung she's gonna kill us both if she..."

"Maybe, maybe not." Sungmin smiled and patted his shoulder. "Let's go back."

So, here he was. Kyuhyun was hidden in the bushes behind him. And Angela was getting down the alley. Walking slowly, her arms crossed over her chest. He got up to meet her and hugged her. She was trembing - was she cold or afraid? They sat on the bench and Sungmin took her hands in his, trying to give her reassurance.

"What is it, Angel? What was so bad, you couldn't tell Kyuhyun?"

She remained silent for a couple of minutes and her eyes welled up. 

"Oppa, I am an idiot."

Sungmin just blinked a few times, unable to figure what to say and where she was going.

"I... I knew from the very beginning he will never..." She started sobbing again. Her next words cam out with difficulty. "I knew.. he'll ne...ver... love me, yet... I..." She fought the violent sobs to catch a breath.

"I love him... oppa... I love... K-Kyu...hyun. It hurts... bec-cause he will... never love... me... back."

This time the arms that embraced her were not Sungmin's.