Observing is like Stalking - 1

Only to catch a glimpse of you.

Here you go! Chapter one!

I dont know if i should continue, but please do comment and we will see if i will update!

Comments and feedbacks makes me in the mood for writing, to be honest~

Sorry for the short Chapter!! ;__;

 

----------------------

 

Kyungsoo has always been the quiet one.

 

Kyungsoo doesn’t utter a word whenever he feels sad or happy. He doesn’t like talking about his feelings for someone. He thinks that feelings are a bother and even a nuisance for a person. It has always been his thinking that whenever he talks his feelings about someone he has this tendency to feel that he was being a bother for the person he was speaking with. He felt uneasy about it since then.

 

He starts his day with a cold shower and a bowl of cereal. He doesn’t live with his parents so he doesn’t get that normal breakfast with eggs and bacon and all that. He was living by himself near his university here in Seoul. His parents were back home at his province and he actually convinced them from living by himself and told them not to follow him there. He doesn’t like getting embarrassed by his parents. He bets every adolescent know how that feels.

 

Kyungsoo loves to stay quiet and remain unnoticed. Whether he hides at the corner of the hallways just to catch a glimpse of Jongin, or fake that he was reading a book but his eyes were on Jongin’s back. He never really spoke to anyone besides Baekhyun, but he was not that open to him as well. He’s pretty composed if you look at him, a normal college student, with great marks on his report card. He never wants to be bothered when he studies, always want that good grader student. He didn’t speak much but he always has the ability to catch the teacher’s attention because of his paper works and leadership with his classmates. But he has never managed to get Jongin’s attention.

 

But wait, who is this Jongin anyway?

 

----------------------

 

The first time Kyungsoo noticed Jongin during last year’s opening ceremony.

 

Jongin was on his second year back then and Kyungsoo was on his third year. Him being here for the third time made him feel bored. It’s the same old routine; flashing of the videos of the teachers, the staffs and facilities in the university for the freshmen of the school. Kyungsoo was about to shut his eyes to take a nap since he was tired from all the reading of his favorite book, the lights dimmed all over the auditorium and sounds echoed the walls as smoke rushed out from the backstage. Students screamed as a small figure slowly emerges from the side. He suddenly remembered there will always be a dance or a song number during the mid of the program. But he never knew people would know the performer at such an early day of the semester.

 

Kyungsoo leaned forward on his seat as he tries to focus on who the boy was and fails because this boy was from a different college than he was. He did notice that the boy was pretty popular, girls screamed as he danced with the music, his expressions helped with his style and dance. He sort of admired the figure that was dancing, his body moved smoothly with the music, as if he and the music were one. He heard a faint, “Kim Jongin, We love you!” And he assumed that, it was the boy’s name.

 

Jongin’s name never left Kyungsoo’s mind.

 

The second time Kyungsoo noticed Jongin when he was quietly eating his lunch with his classmate Baekhyun.

 

Kyungsoo was busy writing down on his lecture notes, currently studying for their history quiz for their next period. He doesn’t want to flunk to this one since he doesn’t love history. Although he never flunked a subject before, he still gives his attention to the notebook. When he got tired, he lifts his head to take a bite on his croissant but his eyes immediately focused on the figure that was approaching the food stalls on the other side of the cafeteria. Kyungsoo pursed his lips and lets out a soft sigh, Him again, expression on his face. Baekhyun got curious and turned his head to check what was distracting Kyungsoo for the first time from his study time. Baekhyun’s eyes spot Jongin and another guy entering the cafeteria, he laughs and turns back to face Kyungsoo. He was still staring at where Jongin was going before noticing a pair of eyes was on him. “Uhm.” He shook his head and swallowed hard.

 

Kyungsoo flunked the quiz for the first time in his History class.

 

The third time Kyungsoo saw Jongin was during his PE class last semester.

 

 He was not a sports person although he could catch up if he would try. Then there he was holding his badminton racket and clutched on it tight when he saw Jongin entering the gym wearing his PE uniform. His skin suddenly turned cold and white. Wearing gym shorts felt weird and cold, even though the gym had built in heaters inside he felt cold. Kyungsoo swore he regrets picking this class. The teacher came five minutes later and paired the students for their first session. He explained that this would be a good idea to get to know each other by playing with each other.  He thought that it was a stupid idea.

 

Then he was miraculously got paired up with Jongin. Great. What now. He had no choice but to walk over to the said boy showing him the most awkward yet shy smile of his to him, and Jongin gave him a sweet and genuine smile. “Lets play?”

 

Kyungsoo never scored a point.

 

Kyungsoo arrived at the university gates one Monday morning. It’s the start of the second semester, and once again to start stalking—following--  or he thinks of it this way, getting to know Jongin for one more semester. He thought of it this way, if he observes Jongin from afar, he would get to know him more, even if everything is so one-sided. He couldn’t care less about Jongin not noticing him, but that doesn’t stop him from liking Jongin. Wait what? Like? Well that escalated quickly. But who would not like a guy who is popular, great in dancing and ridiculously handsome? Kyungsoo never thought he would like a gu though, although he had been always considered himself bi before.

 

Jongin is type of person you can describe as, “Tall, dark and Handsome.”  That kind of guy. Kyungsoo thought that it was the perfect description for Jongin. He is amazing in dancer, he has a nice taste for clothing. He has this expression that he always does in all of his performances that makes Kyungsoo want to throw a shoe at the dancer’s face. Although he can’t really do that since Jongin doesn’t even notices him, like everyone does the same for him. Both he and Jongin have two different worlds.  He doesn’t want to admit he’s a stalker, just like Baekhyun said at lunch. Kyungsoo shook his head in disagreement, the word stalker doesn’t sound so good.

 

“You seem like one though.” Baekhyun mutters out one more time before finishing his sandwich.

 

It’s been two years of being in this university, and half of it was all about “getting to know” Jongin.