Friendship

The Phantom [slow updates]

The mischievous ghost is giggling all the while he’s been lying on Jill’s bed with his head resting over his crossed-arms and swinging his right leg back and forth over his left.

“Its kinda fun being a ghost sometimes,” he said under his breathe and giggles again.

Later on, the bathroom’s door swayed then Jill came out wearing her red hoody and dyed shorts together with her white sneakers. She went in front of the mirror and brushed her chest leveled hair fixing her full bangs. Kai was just looking at her, observing her every move. She then reached for a bottle near where she put down the brush. She sprayed some on her neck, over the shoulders, and around her entire body.

After a while, Jill went over her closet pulling out a mini backpack. Kai immediately sat up then asked her where she’s going but Jill kept one doing her thing and tucked the shoulder strap to hers.

“Hey! Answer me…”

“It’s none of your business,” she replied in monotone.

“Come on dude!”

Jill walked towards the door ignoring Kai who is calling out her name. She is mad at him; obviously. Her temper ran short when Kai went inside the bathroom. Of course it’s a girl thing to get angry at someone sneaking when you’re having a shower; especially if it’s a guy. Although he is a ghost himself, he’s still a HE – a man, a boy, a guy.

The minute Jill reached the door and is about to turn the knob, Kai suddenly dashed in front of her.

“C’mon… you’ve gotta help me right?”

“Tss! Hell yeah! But it feels like I don’t wanna help you at all.”

She turned the knob, swung the door open and stepped forward passing through Kai. He glanced back at Jill and said, “Jill… please… you’re the only one who can help me,” she didn’t give a damn at him yet continued walking away ‘til she went downstairs and soon out of the house.

Walking alone along the street seeing how her feet race each other, taking a hold at her backpack shoulder strap; she still can’t forget the mere fact that Kai basically was inside the bathroom. She is being paranoid, not so sure if he didn’t see anything. And so she is like that to him for it is a big deal to her.

“Stupid ghost!” she murmured and then held her head high.

 Jill is on her way to a friend’s house just a few blocks away from theirs. They are going to have a girl bonding and talk about some stuff. Along the way, she unexpectedly felt a cold breeze that ran thru her spine which abruptly gave her chills. She shivered a bit as she roams her eyes around the place.

“Sheesh! What is this feeling?” she hugged herself rubbing arms with her palms.

Right then and there, “Can we talk?” said Kai walking side by side with her.

“So it is your doing why it felt cold,” she said under her breath then sighed, “what for?” still eyes on the road.

“You’re the only person I can count onto,” he paused for a while, “please…”

“I get it why you can’t enter Heaven,” she stopped then turned to Kai, “because you are selfish. You only think about yourself. You’re so insensitive towards other people’s feelings,” she looked away at him hence continued to walk.

“I assume you were right… maybe I am selfish and thank you for telling me so…”

Jill kept on taking steps.

“…look,” he sighed, “I’m sorry.”

She stopped taking another movement.

“I’m sorry I have offended you,” he paused and went close to Jill, “I didn’t mean it I swear.”

She turned around to face Kai while raising an eyebrow

“I’ve seen nothing!” he shook his head.

“Sure?” Jill crossed her arms.

“Really sure,” he raised his right hand up in the air, “promise… hope to die,” he directed his raised hand over his chest and drew a cross then nods.

“Uhm, you are dead…” she wiggled he hands across his misty body, “you’re a spirit, and how can you die again?” she chuckled.

Kai laughed at himself, “I stand corrected, sorry,” he cleared his throat, “so are we good?”

“Mmm… I’ll think about it. For now, make sure you saw nothing.”

“Psh!” he smirked, “there’s nothing to look at anyway,” he winked at her which made Jill slightly redden her cheeks, “hey you’re blushing.”

Jill placed her palms over her cheeks, “no I’m not,” she hissed then pouted at Kai as he keeps on teasing her.

“Yes you are!” he giggled.

“I hate you!” she sticks her tongue out and walked fast.

The clever ghost ran after her laughing and said, “You’re so cute! Oh so irresistible!” then laughs again.

Jill’s aspect started to brighten up. Her entire face is on fire now that made Kai to laugh out even louder. He likes to make fun of Jill due to her reactions everytime he mocks her. Poor Jill… for she met a very naughty spirit such as Kai. Well, she’s gotta get used to it anyway.

The mortal and the apparition both arrived at an orange painted house with sunflowers properly arranged in rows. It is Jane’s place, Jill’s friend. They used to be friends since junior high. Likewise Jill, Jane is also a KPOP lover, an EXO fan with Kai as her bias as well.

“Pretty house,” said Kai as Jill presses the button.

While waiting for someone to open up the door for them, Jill shifted her head unto Kai’s direction and felt a little bit of refinement as she examines Kai’s physique; from his spunky hair to his alluring eyes down to his small yet pointy nose then briefly stops at his tempting pink glossy lips wherein he does this mannerism of him – his brims afterwards bits on his lower lip corner. Jill scarcely swallowed hard and made blinks as she glances away from him then back at her target. She continued on scanning every part of Kai; his awesome collar bone to his mouthwatering chest then to his y waist. I forgot to mention earlier that he is wearing this black outfit of his – black body fitting inner garment that reveals his beautiful collar bone and manly chest topped with a black jacket that has a wing stitched at the back, black torso studded with silver spikes on around the pockets and black leather boots. And then a flash of a hand suddenly appeared in front of her face waving left and right which made Jill to snap out of her thoughts.

By the time she stopped on fantasizing Kai, she saw him gesturing something. And when she finally looked at the direction he is pointing at, there was a girl standing by the doorway, strangely staring at Jill as if she did something weird - although she actually did.

Anyways, it was her friend, not Jane but Cassandra, their other friend. Like her two other friends, Cassy, as what they call her, is a K-MUSIC avid fan too. An EXO lover as well as BEAST is. She likes Kai… totally! She even went to Korea where their idols are or should I say crushes and beloveds just to study and finish her degree. By the way, she’s taking up Asian Studies at Yonsei University. Well, there’s this saying, birds with the same feather flock together – that phrase obviously reflects their friendship. The three of them were junior high classmates and I must say close friends.

“Ehm, I suppose you are not ertly looking at someone there,” Cassy pointed at Kai’s direction, “’coz I see no one except you.”

“Oh-ah-ahahaha! Cassy…” Jill glanced at Kai, “course not! So how are you?” she hugged her friend tightly, “thought you were in Korea.”

“Hah! ertly looking at me huh?”

Jill glared at him and mouthed, “Shut up!” then went inside the house together with Cassy while Kai followed them instantly, walking behind Jill.

“Hmm… just came back a few days ago,” she paused then shouted, “Jill’s here!”

They sat side by side with Jane sandwiching her in between. And so, they are having a girl talk. Giggling and bubbling some girl stuff such as some other guys’ names that are even hard to pronounce and understand then all of a sudden squeals in unison which is sort of annoying. After sometime, Jane stood up headed straight to the kitchen and came back carrying three cans of soda and a bowl of popcorn.

“So how is your life going Jill? You’re still undergoing your therapy when I left,” she gulped some soda and then chewed popcorn.

“Therapy?” says Kai who is busy scanning the pictures over a long wooden drawer somewhere inside the house. He walked towards them and sat next to Jill. He was curious about her life and to hear that she’s undergone a therapy because for him she is already his friend, “you’ve undergone therapy? What happened to you?”

Jill quickly looked at Kai then back at her friends, “I’m fine. I’m better now,” she reached for the popcorn and dropped some to .

“Thanks to her personal nurse who took care of her. Sheesh! That nurse is so great,” Jane interjected.

“Yeah right!” laughed Jill, “Jane used to be that great nurse you know…”

“Like really?” unconvinced ask Csssy.

The three girls kept on laughing at each other in which Kai, on the contrary, is a bit irritated with the girl stuff they are having. He regrets that he went with Jill in this place, well, he followed her that’s why. And so, he crossed his arms then slammed his back at the sofa making a face that can’t be figure out. He kept himself away from the girls by having his own world, making an imaginary barrier that’ll separate him and the girls next to him. He is pouting, furrowing his eyebrows, acting like a child who doesn’t get what he wanted from mommy. He immediately sat up straight and drew his ears to the girls’ conversation when he heard one of them mentioned his name.

“Gosh! Kai is overloading with coolness!” insisted Cassy.

“Hahaha! That is so right!” says Kai.

“He isn’t cool,” Jane intercepted.

“What?”

“Because he is hot with the capital H-O-T!”

“You nailed it!” said Kai full of excitement.

“Don’t be assuming,” Jill told Kai.

“But it’s my name they’ve mentioned a while ago, you heard it.”

“F-Y-I mister… it is the Korean popstar Kai of EXO and not the Kai you,” she pointed at him.

“Uhm, Jill…” asked Jane as she curiously looked at her.

Jill didn’t notice that her voice got louder as she debates with Kai which her other friends weren’t able to see. She’s the only who has the ability to see Kai. She cleared first and then immediately turned to them giving all her best for an acceptable alibi.

“I’m talking to-to…” she roamed her eyes around the place and luckily saw someone to point out, “that lizard over there.”

“Like seriously?” Cassy chuckled.

“Poor little thing… tsk-tsk-tsk!” Kai hid his laughter.

“Shut up!” yelped Jill.

“Excuse me?” says Cassy.

Cassy thought that she was the one Jill is shouting at but then it was Kai who, on the other hand, can no longer hold his laughter and just burst out like crazy; he claps then stomps his feet and rests his hands over his tummy. Jill then refocused her instincts into the reality.

“I said shut up you amphibian you,” she pointed her finger at the innocent living thing planking on the wall and then approached it; “don’t you know that your tsk-tsk-tsk is aggravating? You better get out of my sight right now… shoo-shoo!” the lizard went away as she commanded, “it’s quite bothersome you know, the sound they make tsk-tsk-tsk!

“Erhm… Jill, lizards are reptiles… not amphibians,” said Jane.

“Owwww…” she smiled forcefully, “either way,” she stick her tongue out then scratched her head smoothly.

As Jill went back to her place, Kai greeted her cleverly and said, “Excellent excuse dude!” then gave her a tap on the shoulders which made Jill lean forward to Jane, who is holding a can of soda, that accidentally tossed to Cassy and spilled thru her nap, “ooops!” said Kai then vanished right away even before Jill melt him with her glare.

“Now this is bothersome,” Jane said.

“Sorry…” mumbled Jill then bit her lower lip.

“You know what,” Cassy looked at the two girls seriously, “the most freakin’ thing I’ve ever,” her lips slowly curved as she says, “missed about you girls are your effin’ craziness and weirdness,” she took a hand-full of popcorn then threw it over to Jane and Jill laughing out loud.

“Hey! Don’t mess around here,” frowned Jane.

“Don’t worry, we’ll help you clean up later,” answered Cassy then threw some more, “c’mon! Two on one! Heeyah!”

“You bet!” exclaimed Jane and Jill in unison.

The three girls had a food fight or should I say popcorn fight. They are obviously having fun, giggles and laughter; a very precious moment when you share your joy with your friends. One of the greatest things you can have in a lifetime. One of the best gifts you can receive from our creator. It is also the very treasure that Kai wanted to remember, who is actually watching them from afar, outside the house, seeing them by the windowpane. He took a step backward then turned around. His smile suddenly faded as he walks thru the front door and then takes a seat at the corner. He moved his legs towards him forming a mountain then rested his arms over his knees and little by little shifts his head lower burying his face unto his thighs – feeling lonely, lost in the darkness, alone.

 

 

 

 

 

--- By the way, thanks for helping me with the title thing :D ---