Noticing

Himchan's Confession

Himchan looked over as he heard the door opening again, watching as Yongguk and Youngjae entered the room again. I hope I didn't cause any unnecessary trouble Himchan thought as he kneeled, poised straight on the ground. He looked as everyone had gotten comfortable. He felt out of place, he hadn't been over to another students house before, much less with a whole group of friends. Do I even belong here? What am I even doing? Or what have I been doing up until now? Himchan used his palm to wipe his forehead as he felt his skin beginning to itch with nerves. He could feel his body heating up as his eyes quickly darted around the room, trying to take in his surroundings. He badly wanted to itch all the places that had become hot but he didn't want to cause a panic. 

Himchan's body suddenly jumped as he felt a vibration in his pocket, it was a continuous vibration. Himchan took his phone from his pocket and stared at the screen as he saw his mothers name pop up why is she calling me?! Himchan felt his hand begin to shake as he dropped his phone. He looked up, making sure no one was watching him, but they were all to engrossed in their own activities to notice him panicking. Himchan's phone vibrated again but this time only once, he unlocked his phone to read the message: 

You don't need to study at the libraryGet home now! 

Himchan didn't know how to get out of the situation he was in as he still didn't know how to address everyone, so he quickly stood up which finally drew everyone's attention towards him.

"Um... actually I have to go, I forgot I had something to do today" Himchan muttered as he tightly squeezed the handles of his bag.

"Ah really, we'll see you next time" Daehyun answered as he smiled. Both Zelo and Jongup smiled and waved at Himchan, allowing to release some of his nerves.

"Actually... Yongguk go with him" Youngjae said as he stood up and began searching his pocket.

"Me? Why?" Yongguk answered, looking up at Youngjae.

"It's your turn to buy drinks!" Youngjae answered patting him on the back and handing him money.

Yongguk let out a low growl as he got up from the position he was laying in and waved to everyone else as he grabbed Himchan's shoulder, making Himchan quickly turn around so that he could go downstairs and leave. Himchan watched Yongguk jumped down the last few steps and sit down to quickly pull his shoes on.

"Do you live far from here?" Yongguk asked as he tied his laces.

"A little, but I can walk" Himchan answered.

"No, don't walk. I'll give you fare, take the bus" Yongguk said as he stood up and opened the door. Himchan didn't protest mainly because he didn't want to walk at all. He followed Yongguk out of the house.

While they both walked together, Himchan believed Yongguk was trying to cover the silence with meaningless questions.

"Why were you in school that early?" Yongguk asked, placing his hands in his pockets.

"It relaxes me?" Himchan answered.

"Do you have a lot of friends?" Yongguk continued, with what Himchan felt was an interrogation. 

"Mmm I have Leo and Dae Won, that about it" Himchan replied. 

"Dont you consider us friends?" Yongguk asked again, his questions becoming more strange.

"You'd do anything for your friends right?" He asked again.

"I guess I would" Himchan muttered.

"What's your family like?" Yongguk asked again however Himchan was hesitant, he began to feel uncomfortable with Yongguk's intrusive questions, however he also felt as if Yongguk didn't care about his answers as if he just wanted to hear someone speak, he sighed as he was relieved to see the store which stopped Yongguk asking him questions. 

"Come in with me, I'll give you some of the change for fare" Himchan noticed that Yongguk was rather demanding in his approach rather than asking Himchan for his help, or maybe he just wanted the company. 

Yongguk picked up a basket as he entered the store, Himchan walked behind him, watching him. He looked at Yongguk's straight back as the white material clung to his shoulders, he watched as Yongguk slightly tilted his hips forward to balance the oncoming weight of the things he was going to buy. Himchan could see that Yongguk didn't need his help to carry anything, noticing the muscle on Yongguk's arms. In fact his presence was completely useless as Yongguk didn't focus on him at all, but only on the products he picked up. A basket filled with drinks and snacks.

"Unnecessary things..." Yongguk muttered in a low voice, almost a whisper. Himchan was going to ask him to repeat himself, but he could see that Yongguk wasn't engaging him in conversation but he was talking to himself.

The basket was full when they went to the checkout. Himchan stood patiently and quietly as he waited for Yongguk to bag his items and pay. As they exited the store, Yongguk began rummaging in his pocket with his free hand.

"I'll show you to the bus stop" Yongguk said as he continued searching his pocket. Himchan let Yongguk walk in front, watching him. This time Yongguk was silent, he didn't ask any questions, he just stared straight ahead, lost in thought. Himchan thought that he would really like to know what was going through Yongguk's mind at that moment. 

Upon reaching the bus stop, Yongguk set the bag down on a small green bench, as he took some money from his pocket and handed it to Himchan.

"Do you have my number?" Yongguk asked as he stuck his hand in his pocket again.

"No..." Himchan took his phone from his pocket and held it out to Yongguk.

"Here" Yongguk took the phone and tapped his number in "text me when you get home".

"Why?" Himchan looked at Yongguk, befuddled by his request.

"So that we know you got home alright, we're friends aren't we?" Yongguk picked up the bag again "See you again soon" Yongguk half smiled as he turned away and began walking back to the street.

Himchan watched Yongguk disappear before turning to look up the street for the arrival of the bus, the sun stung his eyes for a moment before it was covered by the bus coming over the hill. As he got on and found a seat near the back he became lost in his thoughts I don't want to act this way anymore, I want to change. This me isn't me.