Chapter 17

I Don't Know (IDK)

 

 

“My bear?”

 

 

Usually whenever Yoona utters the embarrassing nickname, the tanned girl would react either blatantly or subtly. Sometimes Yuri would yell at Yoona, or just roll her eyes and let Yoona be the choding that she is.

 

 

But this time Yuri didn’t even move a single muscle.

 

 

“Yul?”

 

 

Still nothing…

 

 

“Yuri?”

 

 

The student council office is filled with buzzing voices, except for Yuri who looks too focus at her task at hand.

 

 

It seems like after that incident, Yuri developed some kind of hearing problem or more specific she becomes deaf whenever Yoona is calling for her.

 

 

Everyone seems to notice this, except for Yoona because here she is, like a puppy still whimpering and whining to get her master’s attention.

 

 

“Yu-“

 

 

“What is it Yoona?”

 

 

Everyone knew better and shut their mouth when they heard the stern tone in Yuri’s voice. Even Yoona got the hint that Yuri wants nothing to do with her.

 

 

But even if Yoona didn’t say anything, her eyes revealed more than she’s intending to show. Yuri’s voice sounded so sharp that it was enough to cut through Yoona’s breaking heart.

 

 

“I-I-I’m just wondering if there is something I could do to help?”

 

 

“You’re not part of the student government, so don’t worry about it.”

 

 

Yuri snapped at her again, and this time Yoona got the idea. Yuri did not want her there, or more specifically does not want her breathing the same air she does.

 

 

“Oh okay.” Yoona forced a smile, unfortunately Yuri was too engrossed on gathering her stuff that she didn’t see the pained look in Yoona’s face.

 

 

“Where are you going?” Yoona could only manage a little squeak.

 

 

“Yuri?“

 

 

Yoona couldn’t tell if it was the distance, or Yuri’s hearing problem why Yuri ignored her again. Or maybe she did heard her perfectly, she just doesn’t care.

 

 

***

 

 

But Yuri does care, she just doesn’t have the will to admit it.

 

 

Looking back at Yoona was an unconscious habit that grew out of nowhere. Everytime she and Yoona part ways, something inside Yuri would urge her to look back.

 

 

And today was no different…

 

 

Even if Yuri tries to stop herself, still she couldn’t help it. When she saw Yoona’s slump state right there in the hallway, how she wished she fought herself not to look back.

 

 

Does she really have the right to get mad at Yoona? The girl didn’t do anything wrong, yet Yuri is punishing her like she threw a puppy in a river. But the question is, if Yoona didn’t do anything wrong, why does it hurt so bad?

 

 

***

 

 

Flashback

 

 

Their kiss feels like the loveliest feeling in this world. It started out so innocently, they kiss a couple of times but for Yoona every kiss felt like a first kiss. Her girl’s lips tasted so good that the younger girl is willing to give up every food known in the entire universe if it meant kissing her forever.

 

 

Yoona was lost in their kisses, but all it took was the feeling of someone fidgeting with the button on her blouse to shook her back to reality.

 

 

“Y-yuri?”

 

 

Yoona shifts uncomfortably as Yuri’s deft fingers have already move to the second one.

 

 

“What’s wrong baby?”

 

 

“W-what are we doing?!”

 

 

“What do you think we’re doing?”

 

 

“I… I…I… I don’t know.” Yoona embarrassingly admits. But somewhere locked behind the back of her brain, a thought suddenly starts to seep in.

 

 

This scene looks so familiar but she can’t pinpoint where she saw it until…

 

 

Is this what she accidentally saw in her Taeyeon unnie’s laptop?

 

 

Or what she saw in that anime?

 

 

But it’s different now. It’s not something that is happening in front of a monitor or pages of a manga. It’s happening here and now… and worse it’s happening to her.

 

 

 “OMO!” Yoona gasps in shock. “Are we… are you and me?! Wait… are we about to…”

 

 

Yuri looks up, flashing a playful grin at the lost deer.

 

 

“Don’t worry…” Yuri gently nibbles in Yoona’s neck. “Just be with me right now and I’ll take care of you.”

 

 

Yoona didn’t know if it was the huskiness in Yuri’s voice or her words to be more exact; but Yoona could feel herself about to spontaneously combust. She was defenseless over Yuri’s voice, kisses, defenseless against Yuri.

 

 

 “Relax baby…” Yuri whispers huskily.

 

 

But saying and doing it are two very different things. Yoona is practically hyperventilating as Yuri place open mouth kisses on her chest. Yoona never felt so lost, what does she do now? Should she just lay there flat? Should she help Yuri?

 

 

Yuri pushes herself back up again, ready to launch kisses in Yoona’s lips. But just as she was ready to kiss Yoona, Yoona shot upright, accidentally smashing her forehead against Yuri’s.

 

 

“Ow…” Yuri flinches as Yoona almost knock her cold with a headbutt.

 

 

“Oh shoot…” Yoona quickly sat up, rubbing Yuri’s red forehead. “I’m sorry… so sorry…”

 

 

“No it’s okay.” Yuri laughs embarrassingly. “How about you? Are you okay?”

 

 

“I’m okay…” Yoona gives Yuri two thumbs up and cheerful smile, hoping to convince Yuri.

 

 

“Good…” Yuri smiles shyly. “Are you nervous?”

 

 

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!

 

 

“Ummm… no…” Yoona widely grin, hoping it could cover up her lie. “Of course not… why would be I nervous when I’m with you?”

 

 

“Oh…” Yuri says in relief. “Okay…”

 

 

Yoona clears as Yuri scoots closer. The young deer’s jaw fell hard to the ground as Yuri slowly pulls her shirt off, it’s too slow it’s almost torture.

 

 

The moment when Yuri’s shirt fell to the ground, it was then that Yoona felt all her insides just exploded.

 

 

“ACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!”

 

 

“Yoong?”

 

 

But Yuri did not get to hear Yoona’s answer as the younger girl just literally falls off the bed, scrambling to get out of the bathroom.

 

 

***

 

 

As soon as Yoona was in the bathroom, she didn’t waste time banging her head for being the epic fail that she is.

 

 

And with every word she says, she bangs her head hoping to shake in some answer.

 

 

“Why? Am? I? Such? A? Fail?”

 

 

She looks up at the mirror, and the only answered she receive from her reflection was an equally confused gaze.

 

 

“Why are we such an epic fail?” She asked her reflection. “This is what I want to happen right? Right?”

 

 

But Yoona was smart, knowing that her reflection won’t give her the answer anytime soon. It’s up to her to man up and face the challenge.

 

 

“I’m going to be with Kwon Yuri, yes I’am! No need to fear…”

 

 

The doe eyed girl starts prepping herself as she walks back to the bedroom.

 

 

“I can do this! YES I CAN! YOONA FIGHTING!”

 

 

She pulls a few punches, ready to get back in the ring again.

 

 

“I can do this!”

 

 

 But she haven’t even step into the bedroom, when the sight of Yuri just paralyzed her. Kwon Yuri the girl who don’t realize how sensual she is, was just right there lying in bed, looking through her phone.

 

 

Yoona just stood there, her heart skip a beat, her breath being taken away. It took her awhile to be brought back down to Earth and when she did, she realized one thing.

 

 

She was not worthy of being with a Goddess.

 

 

“Yoong?”

 

 

The doe eyed girl shakes her head to clear her senses.

 

 

“I ummm…”

 

 

“What are you standing there for silly?” Yuri chuckles softly at the girl.

 

“Ummm…”

 

 

Yuri stood up from her spot, every step she takes forward, Yoona takes one step back.

 

 

“Come to bed…”

 

 

“A.a.a.a.a.a.a.a.aa.a.a.a.hhhhhhh…. I……I…I…I…I can’t move.”

 

 

Yuri stops on her tracks, looking at the younger girl in confusion.

 

 

“What do you mean you can’t move?”

 

 

“I mean… I’m ahhhh… Ahhh Stuck… I can’t…”

 

 

Yoona does looks stuck, her fingernails clawing hard on the door, as if she’s about to enter a monster’s lair.

 

 

“Yoona? It’s okay…”

 

 

But it wasn’t…

 

 

And the second that Yuri touch Yoona, Yoona suddenly jumped up from her spot and starts backpedaling.

 

 

“No… no…” Yoona crawls away from Yuri.

 

 

“Yoona…” Yuri sounded both annoyed and frustrated. “Get up. C’mon.”

 

 

“No! Don’t touch me… please… I… I can’t do this! I can’t! ACCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKK!!!!”

 

 

Yuri just stood on her spot trying to decipher what had just happened. All that was left now was the memory of Yoona just crawling away from her.

 

 

She should have just chased after the girl, hoping to talk this all out. But right now, Yuri felt like she lost the strength.

 

 

Yuri just ends up hobbling back to her room, sitting in bed as she kept on replaying those last seconds with Yoona. But instead of figuring out answers, all Yuri is left with are questions.

 

 

Kwon Yuri was always top in people’s list as the iest and someone who would be great in bed. Many would think of it as a compliment but for Yuri it was awkward. She doesn’t feel comfortable around people imagining these things with her. That is why she did what she can to deter people from that direction. She tried to be cold and kept her boundaries high to make sure no one gets the wrong idea.

 

 

That thought scares her so much, until Yoona came into her life.

 

 

No matter how she pushed the younger girl, Yoona seem to only take it as a challenge to fight harder. Yoona was irritating her to the core at the beginning, but after sometime Yoona showed Yuri something that Yuri have never seen or known before.

 

 

The doe eyed girl made her smile at the worse times, she was patient even when Yuri was being harsh, and when Yuri needs someone to lean on, Yoona has always been there for her. Yoona showed Yuri how great it is to have someone love her… Truly… Madly and Deeply…

 

 

And with that thought in mind, Yuri realized that she was ready.

 

 

She was in love and she knew that even if her first time with Yoona would turn out horrible or awkward, at least she knew she did it with the one she truly loves.

 

 

Now the thought of Yoona running away from her flashes in her mind again. If Yoona loves her, then why did the younger girl looks so disgusted at what they’re about to do?

 

 

Did she have the wrong idea? Did Yoona even want this? Or was it just her?

 

 

For now, Yuri is not sure if she had the courage to try and find out, or better yet she’s not sure if she has the heart to know the truth.

 

 

End of flashback

 

 

***

 

If there is one thing everyone in the university looks forward to, it’s the fall festival. For once everybody forget about the craziness of exams and school. Everyone just hangs out, play games and eat cotton candy all day and night.

 

 

Well… everyone except for the members of student government.

 

 

“10 booths for Sh!t club please!” Hyoyeon proudly announced, dropping down her money in front of Yuri who’s in charge of the registration booth.

 

 

“10 booths? Are you serious?” The school president sounded so cold and dead.

 

 

“Ummm guys… is it winter already or Kwon Yuri here is just cold?”

 

 

Yuri’s dark eyes narrowed, annoyed of Hyoyeon’s idea of a joke.

 

 

“Did you see how much one booth is?”

 

 

“Yes! And I tell you Yul, our club has the budget to register for ten booths.”

 

 

Yuri didn’t bother to argue and just tap her pen on the registration sign.

 

 

“30 dollars per booth. I don’t think you have enough.”

 

 

Hyoyeon and Tiffany both shared annoyed look, before glaring down at the giant.

 

 

“What? What the heck Soo! You told us 3.00 dollars!”

 

 

“Oh oops… I wasn’t looking at the decimal point.” Sooyoung says sheepishly.

 

 

“Go back to grade school.”

 

 

“So, what is your booth going to be about?”

 

 

Hyoyeon decided to step up front and take over the role of promoting her group.

 

 

“Well… now that you ask Ms. President. Let me ask you this, what is one event in every woman’s life that she had been looking forward to since childhood?”

 

 

“Graduating with a Ph.D.?” Yuri answers absentmindedly

 

 

Sooyoung in frustration smacks her hand on the table, ready to school her bestfriend about the meaningful things in life.

 

 

“No! You cold hearted reptile! Her wedding! Every girl wants a wedding! And since we go to an all girls school, what better booth than having a wedding booth?”

 

 

“Yeah Yul… maybe you and Yoona can even get married there.”

 

 

The two other girls gulp in fright as they saw how Yuri stiffened from Hyoyeon’s words.

 

 

“Here…” Yuri stamps the girls’ folder. “Good luck on your booth. Next.”

 

 

***

 

 

“Damn Hyo…” Sooyoung shoved the other girl. “I knew you were evil, but I never thought you were that evil”

 

 

“What are you yapping about, Soo?”

 

 

“You know Yuri and Yoona are in some cold war right now, and then you say that?”

 

 

“Sooyoung… Sooyoung… don’t you know that every thing I do has a reason? Oh! Speak of the devil!”

 

 

Sooyoung scratches her tousled hair in confusion until she figured out what Hyoyeon was talking about. The usual so bouncy Im Yoona was walking so listlessly, playing soccer with an acorn.

 

 

“Yoooooooonnnnnnaaaaa!!!!”

 

 

The doe eyed girl blink thoughtfully before looking around.

 

 

“Oh unnie, it’s you… hello.”

 

 

“So formal Yoona… How you doing, kid?!”

 

 

The girl was quiet for a little bit, as if searching for the right words inside her head.

 

 

“Well ummm… okay I guess.”

 

 

It was a lie. She felt so horrible the last couple of days.

 

 

“Liar.”

 

 

Yoona’s doe eyes shone like headlights as Hyoyeon caught her.

 

 

“Ep!” Hyoyeon raise her hand out before Yoona could answer her. “Why don’t we talk about this over coffee?”

 

 

***

 

 

It was rare for Yoona to lose her appetite and right now was one of those rare moments. Seeing the weird look on her Hyoyoung unnie’s faces as they race on who could finish the smoothie first. 

 

 

“Ummm unnie?” Yoona cuts through the race.

 

 

“Oh hey Yoong… When did you get here?”

 

 

“I got you two your smoothie…” Yoona pointed back at the smoothie or what’s left of it.

 

 

“Oh we just kidding with you girl… Anyways, where were we?”

“Ummm… this thing with Yuri?”

 

 

Hyoyeon and Sooyoung exchange sympathetic looks before turning back to Yoona.

 

 

“Awww kid…” Sooyoung pats the shoulder of the downtrodden deer. “I’m sure Yuri will come around soon. What did you to argue about anyway?”

 

 

“Ummm.. stuff?”

 

 

“Stuff?” Hyoyeon prodded more. “Do you mean getting it on?”

 

 

“What?!” The shock expression in Yoona’s face was enough to answer Hyoyeon’s question.

 

 

“Oh c’mon Yoona… didn’t you learn anything from animes and mangas? Student council presidents are the most ually frustrated people.”

 

 

“B.bu…but…”

 

 

 

“Did it ended up so bad that Yuri can’t stand seeing you anymore?”

 

 

“Ummm no?” The thought of that night embarrassed Yoona, that she ended up fiddling with her napkin than staring back at her unnie. “We ummm… no… it’s ummm…I ran away.”

 

 

The unnies know they should be sympathetic, but the thought of Im Yoona running away was just too entertaining.

 

 

“You ran away?”

 

 

“Yes.” The younger girl looks up, her eyes were the picture of sadness as they’re b with tears. “I didn’t know what to do. And when I saw how beautiful Yuri is, I froze I realize I… ummm… I’m not worthy of her.”

 

 

 “Well, it’s not your fault.” Sooyoung says while thoughtfully chewing her straw. “Well, no… let me change that. It’s not entirely your fault.”

 

 

Hyoyeon shoves the taller girl to the side, and decided that it was time for her to take over.

 

 

“Girl you know, the reason why you’re scared is because you’re not confident. And the reason why you’re not confident is because you don’t know anything about it.”

 

 

“Well…” Yoona clears to make a correction. “I ummm… sorta… saw movies about it.”

 

 

“Did you learn anything?”

 

 

The younger girl clears once again, but this time in embarrassment.

 

 

“Well I ummm…no… I was in a state of shock. I didn’t understand what I was watching.”

 

 

“You Im Yoong, is the lucky student who enrolled herself in the Hyoyoung university of love. And our first lesson…”

 

 

Hyoyeon motions the younger girl to scoot closer to her.

 

 

“The secret to getting laid is confidence.”

 

 

“Huh? Confidence?”

 

 

“Shhhhhhhhhh….” The shorter girl almost smack Yoona for talking too loud in the coffeeshop. “Yes, confidence. The reason you got scared is because you don’t have the confidence on yourself.”

 

 

“I guess you’re right.”

 

 

“You’re Damn sure I’m right. Like right now, Yoong, tell me you want me.”

 

 

Yoona shakes her head furiously, cringing at the thought.

 

 

“But I don’t want you.”

 

 

“Idiot… We are training you now to be confident. These are just such simple words but very powerful, Yoona. And this is how you’re going to get your girl, knowing how to say this. Now c’mon say it…”

 

 

But Yoona always the choding, decides to say or more of sing it in her Yoona way.

 

 

“I want nobody, nobody but you… kekekeekekekekeke”

 

 

But the two girls were far from amused with the choding’s stunt.

 

 

“What the heck?! You do that and Yuri is gonna go to the mountains, shave her head and be a monk. Nobody gets turn on with that, you babo! Now be serious… say it… Say I want you.”

 

 

“I want you” Yoona sounded like a meek lamb.

 

 

The older girls suddenly passed out on the table and started snoring.

 

 

“Unnie?”

 

 

Hyoyeon flutters her eyes before looking up at Yoona.

 

 

“Oh sorry girl, we were so turned off we fell asleep.” Hyoyeon sits up and got serious once again “What did we just told you? Confidence! Do you think you sound confident?”

 

 

“Ummm no?”

 

 

“Then say it again, but this time say it like Kwon Yuri is sitting right here in front of you.”

 

 

“I want you.” Yoona this time sounded so gentle and loving.

 

 

“Awwww… so cute…” Hyoyeon coos before turning around. “What are you in a k drama or something? Your goal is not to get all giggly and cutesy, you’re goal is to get it on. And in order for that to happen, you need to prove to Yuri you can take charge.”

 

 

 “I want you.”

 

 

“Better but louder.”

 

 

“I want you!”

 

 

“Ohhhh… is it getting hot in here or it’s just Yoona?” Sooyoung fans herself.

 

 

 “Good job, Yoong, now say it one more time and this time be more persuasive.”

 

 

“I WANT YOU!!!!”

 

 

The busy coffeeshop was frozen at their tracks, all eyes turned to the doe eyed girl with the burning confidence in her stance.

 

 

“Good job, Yoona.” Hyoyeon says proudly of her student. “Now let’s go get your girl.”

 

 

***

 

 

“Is it me or did Yuri sunbae looks angrier than usual?”

 

 

That was the latest buzz around the meeting room as soon as Yuri walks in the room. Unlike previous months, where she was actually smiling, today it was like she regressed back to being cold hearted. 

 

 

But while most thread carefully around Yuri, one girl seem to be unfazed with it. There was the doe eyed girl waving her hand like there was no tomorrow.

 

 

“Hi…”

 

 

“What are you doing here?” Yuri snapped making sure Yoona get the idea that she has no plan to talk.

 

 

“Well, I volunteer to help out with the festival.”

 

 

“Hmmp. What do you even know about festivals?”

 

 

Cotton candy. Booths and games. But Yoona was sure that’s not what Yuri is trying to ask.

 

 

“Well not much, that’s why I’m volunteering to know more.”

 

 

But before Yuri could answer, a fidgety member of the student council started waving the sign up sheets.

 

 

“Ummm… good morning… ahhh…For those people who want to volunteer.”

 

 

“I’ll volunteer!”

 

 

All heads quickly roll to the back at the scrawny girl with her skinny arm shot up to the ceiling.

 

 

“Whatever Kwon Yuri is doing, sign me up with her!”

 

 

Now everyone’s attention turned to the flustered school president with her face buried in her hands.

 

 

Yoona doesn’t seem to notice how embarrassed Yuri was, because she kept on going.

 

 

“If I have to scoop up Cow poop and make fertilizer if it meant being with Yuri then SIGN ME IN!”

 

 

“Damn it Yoona, be quiet will you?” Yuri hissed at the hyperactive monkey beside her.

 

 

The room starts snickering much to Yuri’s dismay. For awhile the sound of ridicule was the only thing Yuri could hear, people chuckling on her expense.

 

 

She shot right up, grabbing Yoona’s wrist before finally dragging her out of the room.

 

 

*

 

It was the end of the day and everyone in the university is just itching to go home. But just when they thought that it’s another boring day, they were wrong because there is the usual calm and collected president, storming out and dragging the lost looking doe eyed girl out of the hallway and throwing her inside the abandoned classroom.

 

 

“What on Earth were you thinking?!”

 

 

Yoona have seen different levels of anger from Yuri, but right now is probably the worst. Yuri was practically shaking, her head looking like it was about to explode.

 

 

“Think? About what?” Yoona  pretended to play dumb, hoping Yuri would ease up.

 

 

“You don’t like responsibility Yoona, then you volunteer for the festival. What am I supposed to think?”

 

 

“I…I just want to be near you.” Yoona responds meekly.

 

 

“Oh…” Yuri mockingly scoffs at Yoona. “Now you want to be near me?”

 

 

Yuri’s cold response is freezing Yoona right now. How on Earth is she going to warm Yuri up?

 

 

Wait… Yoona thought, this was to be expected. If her teachers in the university of love would see how she’s cowering in front of Yuri, they would be devastated.

 

 

It was time to put the lessons to good use.

 

 

“You know I always want to be near you.”

 

 

“What?” Yuri asks, wondering if she’s even with the same Yoona choding that she knows.

 

 

“You know there is no place I would rather be than right here.”

 

 

Yuri swallows the huge lump in . She started backing away as Yoona makes a move closer. When did Yoona have such a husky and sensual voice?

 

 

“Agh!”

 

 

Before Yuri could piece out what happened, Yoona have already took advantage and pinned her to the wall.

 

 

“Yoona…” Yuri squeals “What are you doing?”

 

 

“I’m doing what we should have done earlier. Kwon Yuri…”

 

 

Yuri could only wonder where all her composure went. She had never thought that Yoona could ever paralyzed her like this, but it looks like she’s dead wrong.

 

 

The younger girl took a step closer, she was so close that Yuri could feel Yoona breathing. Yuri could only look away, afraid of the effect of Yoona’s intense gaze at her.

 

 

 “My angel, my girl, my sunshine… Tell me your wish and I’ll be your bad girl and take you into a new world.”

 

 

That quick, Yoona’s proclamation of love was enough to rock Yuri back to her senses.

 

 

“WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!” Yuri yells out, shoving Yoona away from her.

 

 

“What?! I thought you like girls generation.”

 

 

“Well, thanks to you I don’t think I can ever look at them the same way again.”

 

 

“Omo!” Yoona says worriedly “I turned a fan into an anti.”

 

 

Yuri could only shake her head in disbelief. This choding was exhausting her too much these days.

 

 

“Is this all a joke to you because it looks like it is?”

 

 

“It is not!” Yoona defended herself. “I'm right here now... how about I put some music on, so you could slowly chill?"

 

 

Yuri could only raised her brow, wondering if Yoona is being serious or not. But it looks like Yoona is dead serious as she takes out her IPOD and turn it up to fill the room with some y music.

 

 

Infinite- Without You 

 

 

"Oh yeah... this is my jam..." Yoona says, while slowly bouncing and swaying to the song. 

 

 

 

Yuri could just cover in both shock and disbelief. Just when she thought she can't be surprise, here was Yoona proving her wrong. Yoona turning on her charms and just singing to every word of the song.

 

 

"Yoona..."

 

 

But Yoona was into the song to hear Yuri calling her.

 

 

"Yoona!"

 

 

"Oh... Hey, Yul..." Yoona winks.

 

 

"Just stop! whatever you're trying to do just stop!"

 

 

Yoona stood in surprise, her cute face contorted in confusion.

 

 

"Did I turn you on?" Yoona asked like it is the most natural question in the world.

 

 

"Hell no! You just wreck two groups in less than an hour, Yoona." Yuri answered her straight up. “Is this supposed to make me feel better?”

 

 

Yoona got more confused.

 

 

“Ummm… Isn't this what you want?”

 

 

The older girl just ended up laughing, for what reason, she's not sure. For Yoona's innocence maybe? Or maybe from frustration? Right now Yuri don't know anymore. 

 

 

"No... Yoona... this is not what I want."

 

 

 

Yuri walk away from Yoona, standing at the farthest part of the room. Yuri is just leaning by the window sill, and with the sunlight streaming through the glass panes, it only made Yuri more glorious than she’s already is. That very moment, all Yoona could do is watch Yuri, falling hard for her like she always does.

 

 

They were just a few feet apart, but right now with how quiet it is, Yoona felt like they’re worlds apart.

 

 

“Do you know why people do it Yoona?”

 

 

“Huh?”

 

 

“They do it because they love each other. Or should I say they are supposed to do it because they love each other, nothing else. Right now, I don’t feel like that’s your reason. I feel like I’m pushing you to the corner, and you’re just saying it so I wouldn’t feel bad.”

 

 

“I… I have always wanted to be near you.” Yoona reasons out, but unknowingly can’t face Yuri and instead gaze down on her shoes. “It’s just that one night, I… I…I…”

 

 

“Please don’t say anything else Yoona. Right now, I don’t think I could listen to anything anymore.”

 

 

Yuri turns away and was ready to walk away, leaving Yoona struggling for any words to make her stay.

 

 

“Yuri?”

 

 

Yuri stilled herself, her hand gripping tightly on the doorknob. Part of her wanted to stay and fix this, but part of her knew that all that’s going to happen is her and Yoona getting stuck in silence.

 

 

“Hmmm?”

 

 

“What can I do?” Yoona could only mutter silently.

 

 

Yuri could tell Yoona to leave her alone, but she doubt her heart would let her. She could tell the younger girl to stay, but she doubts that they could even fix what they’re going through right now. There are plenty of words that seem to capture Yuri’s emotions these days, but she doubts that it would even be enough.

 

 

So far now, as she struggled for the right words to say, all she could tell Yoona are those three words.

 

 

“I don’t know.”