Start

My Lady [ON HAITUS]

"In order to start investigating, we need a starting point." Jia Li said and her lips formed a straight line. 

"Where would we even start?"

"Your grandfather's house of course!"

"No, I don't want to go there."

"Why? Does it bring back bad memories?" She asked and saw him nod and take in a shaky breath. 

"I can't just barge in there, I wouldn't even know where to look but you know where most things are. If its a marriage contract, I'm sure he has it written up and stashed somewhere."

"Right, I think I know somewhere we can start looking. You know, he never let me in his room, not even the tiny shed outside our back yard."

"He's definitely hiding something there. Come on Tao, we can do this, we can get answers before your grandfather wakes up." She urged him on and even though her plan made sense, his mentality of the situation wouldn't let him change how he felt.

He stayed silent, thinking of all the possibilities of actually finding the contract, finding the family's contact information, and seeing his grandfather pass away only to speed up the process. 

After no response, Jia li decided to take matters into her own hands, at this rate Tao's grandfather could  wake up any day now. 

 


 

"Why does it have to be me? Huh?" 

The minute Min spotted her grandpa walking into the house she had the strong urge to confront him and let him have a piece of her mind.

"Min, sweetie I-"

"No, I am tired of having to obey everyone, I never said anything, never had a choice! When we moved here I tried to be happy, I really tried, but no one ever asked if I was okay with leaving my friends behind, most of my belongins too. And now I don't even get to choose who I love, who I marry because in the end I have to follow with your contract you made years ago! If dad were a girl I'm sure he would have suffered this too!" 

"Min please," was all he said as clutched onto his chest and lost consciousness. 

She gasped and bent down to shakily check on him, her mother came in with some grocery bags and her eyes widened at the sight in front of her.

 

 

"Mr. Lau will be stable in a few hours. His heart cannot handle any shocks, I'm afraid that anything else that could alter him could be his last shock."

Min sat in the hospital room feeling guilty as she listened to the doctor's explain the results to her parents. They went straight to the hospital and were treated very quickly. You were the one that caused it, the only one who had witnessed it all and it was hard to explain to each doctor that came in exactly what you did.

 

"I should have been more careful," she whispered to herself but to her parents it was like the sound of a pin dropping on the floor, clear yet confusing.

"Did she say something?" The doctor asked her.

"Its my fault, I shouldn't have confronted him. I feel so terrible, my heart is hurting because I hurt him in the worst possible way." Min began to sob into her hands and her parents didn't even take a step close to her. 

"I can assure you, that it isn't your fault. You didn't know about his condition. From our records the only one who knows about how weak Mr. Lau's state is is himself. You are young, don't put yourself down like that." The doctor's voice was very warm despite him having the voice of a truck driver. "I am going to keep Mr. Lau in observation but he should wake up in a few hours."  Min didn't say anything other than a quick thank you before the doctor stepped out of the room. 


Tao was in the restroom cleaning himself when Jia Li came into the room. She carried her small basket and placed it on the side table, taking her seat next to Mr. Huang's bed. She didn't know why but she just had the feeling like she could talk to him again, like the times before she even knew about Tao. 

"Hi Mr. Huang. Today is a Friday, I came in extra early to see you early this morning. I will be back later, you're in good hands. You have a great grandson. Despite his belief, I think you are a sweet man, but maybe you didn't have patience with kids. I hope to see you wake up soon so you can settle things with Tao." Her lips tugged into a smile, and then she saw something. Mr. Huang was moving his index finger. 

She quickly bolted out of the room when she heard the water stop running. She almost ran into the person she was looking for. 

 


 

 

Hello~ so things are starting to speed up~

uh-oh mr. huang is close to waking up? min's grandpa is in the hospital and weak?

this could only mean one thing.........

 

share your thoughts if you know what will happen (i think its totally predictable...)