CHAPTER SIXTEEN

The Story of Us
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N:

I'm so very sorry for not updating for so long. So so sorry!

Well I hope you guys forgive me with this chapter! ^_~

Just to clarify (I know that you guys are not idiots, but it appears that there was some confusion in the previous chapter): Coma patients do not wake up like they do in the movies. I'm trying to write this story as realistically as possible and I have been doing a lot of research. Unlike in the movies (where the comatose patient might wake up instantly and be perfectly fine),  in real life, comatose patients might wake up and fall back asleep. It might take them many times of repeated waking up/falling back asleep before they're back to fully awake/functional. This is the reason why I ended the previous chapter with Luhan falling back asleep. 

Now, thank you guys so much for hanging with me for so long. Hang on for just a bit longer! We're at the beginning of the end! There are 2 more chapters left! 

Please excuse grammar mistakes or just mistakes in general as it is currently four in the morning from where I am and I am not exactly coherent right now. Yes. I did stay up all night just to finish this chapter for you guys! ^_^

I can never thank you lovely people enough for reading, voting, commenting, and support for this fanfic. I honestly never expected this fic would get this popular, and I'm pleasantly surprised.

Your comments really make my day, so please keep it up as well as your voting!

Once again, thank you for your love and support,

-Elaina

Six on the second hand till new year's resolutions
There's just no question what this man should do
Take all the time lost, all the days that I cost
Take what I took and give it back to you

All this time we were waiting for each other
All this time I was waiting for you
We got all these words, can't waste them on another
So I'm straight in a straight line running back to you

I don't know what day it is, I had to check the paper
I don't know the city but it isn't home
You say I'm lucky to love something that loves me
But I don't as I could be wherever I roam

All this time we were waiting for each other
All this time I was waiting for you
Got all these words, can't waste them on another
So I'm straight in a straight line running back to you

I would travel so far
I would travel so far
To get back where you are

All this time we were waiting for each other
All this time I was waiting for you
Got all this love, can't waste it on another
So I'm straight in a straight line running back to you

~CHAPTER SIXTEEN~

Over the past twenty-four hours, ever since Luhan had woken up, Sehun had been by Luhan’s side. Nothing Yixing said or did could make Sehun budge. Sehun wanted to be right then and there when Luhan woke up.

“Sehun,” Yixing clasped a hand on Sehun’s shoulder, “The doctor is going to try to wake Luhan up now.”

“Fine, but I’m not leaving the room,” Sehun said adamantly as he crossed his arms.

Yixing sighed heavily but nodded for the doctor to come in. Sehun scowled at the doctor who greeted them with a cheerful smile. He wondered just exactly how fake the smile was and scowled harder. The doctor gave Sehun a wide berth, skirting around him to get to Luhan. He swiftly wrote down all of Luhan’s vitals and gently removed his breathing tube.

Sehun clenched his fists tightly and held his breath. Please Luhan, please wake up, he silently pleaded, please.

The doctor gently shook Luhan, “Luhan?”

Please Luhan, Sehun watched with bated breath.His breath hitched when Luhan’s eyes fluttered open. His knees felt weak. He felt faint with relief. Luhan.

“Hello Luhan,” the doctor spoke up pleasantly, but Luhan didn’t seem to hear him. Luhan’s eyes wandered around the room until they landed on Sehun.

“Luhan…” Sehun’s voice was shaking with relief. “You’re awake…”

But something was wrong. Something was off about the way Luhan was looking at him.

“You.” Luhan suddenly spoke up in Korean, surprising all of them.

“Luhan-” the doctor tried to address Luhan, but Luhan ignored him, his eyes fixed on Sehun.

“Do you see that person over there?” Luhan suddenly shrieked, pointing at Sehun. “He broke my heart! He kissed Jongin! HE KISSED JONGIN! HE BROKE MY HEART! HE DID IT! THAT PERSON OVER THERE! HE! HIM!” Luhan lapsed into a hysterical screaming full of a mix of indiscernible Korean and Chinese. He thrashed around wildly.

Yixing, along with the doctor, struggled to hold Luhan down. He chanced a glance at Sehun, who was looking like all the life have been out of him. Yixing felt his heart ache at the amount of pain and guilt Sehun was currently showing. “Sehun-” he began, trying to calm him down, perhaps, or to soothe him, but Sehun shook his head.

“I’m sorry,” Sehun choked out in a brokenhearted whisper, as tears began to fall from his eyes, burning hot as they slid down his cheeks. “I’m so sorry,” he forced out before bolting from the room, tears falling down heavily. Yixing didn’t have time to worry about where Sehun went as Luhan’s hysteria distracted him.

“I need to put him down again,” the doctor gasped as he pinned down one of Luhan’s thrashing arms. “Help me hold him down.” Yixing obeyed as Luhan screamed at him, crying hysterically. The doctor scrambled to get the mask ready and slipped it over Luhan’s nose. Yixing held Luhan down as his movements got slower and his cries stopped.

Breathing heavily, Yixing pried himself off his sleeping brother, “What the was that?” He shot angrily at the doctor.

The doctor got out his handkerchief with shaking fingers and mopped nervously at his brow. “That was…a normal reaction,” he said slowly. Yixing glared murderously at him. He sighed, “Some patients, when they wake from a coma, tend to be hysterical. They might try to rip out their IVs or, as you just saw, thrash around, screaming. We speculate that while in their comatose state, their brain remembers a traumatic event and when they wake up, patients still believe that they’re still living in that moment,” he explained carefully.

“So what now?” Yixing asked wearily.

“Now we know that Luhan is definitely responsive. He should be fine, albeit a bit confused, when he wakes. We’ll just let him wake naturally on his own time.”

Yixing slumped in the chair, rubbing his eyes wearily. He had gone out looking for Sehun and there was no sign of him. Yixing knew that he would not find Sehun unless he wanted to be found. Wherever he was, Yixing hoped he was safe. He sighed. A hand fell on his shoulder and he jerked in surprise. “Mother!” He said when he saw who it was.

“Yixing,” his mother said gently, setting down a bag on the table. “Have you eaten yet?” Yixing shook his head. She sighed, looking at him disapprovingly. “H

Please log in to read the full chapter