The Meeting

Red Thread of Destiny

 

At the beginning of time, before technology, before World War I, before the Paleolithic era, Gods blessed 5 souls with powers to help the other human to survive in the harsh environment and protect the humans' innocent and pure souls. They are the Cassiopeia. They hid away from humans' eyes and watched them from the shadow. Lending their power from time to time. As time went by they created their own clans. 
 
However, after thousands of years, humans changed. They no longer need the Cassiopeia and their clansmen's help. They were able to stand up for themselves. Hence the Cassiopeia and Cassies was forgotten. But without them to maintain the humans' innocence, the humans strayed from their paths. Sins found their ugly ways to the human soul, mind and body. The downfall of human began.
 
Unfortunately, just like mankind, sins found their ways to the Cassies. Many Cassies were consumed by wrath, lust, pride and especially greed. Only 2 clans managed to escape the evil fate. They disappeared, to prevent themselves from sinking into the black ocean of sins. The 3 corrupted clans, overwhelmed by greed, all three wanted the others to submit to them. 
 
They embarked on a never-ending war, many Cassies died and was reincarnated in the next generation.
 
During the greatest war ever recorded in the Cassiopeia history, everyone was wiped out except one young Cassie. That day, After X'mas, red ocean flowed.
 
The war was postponed, until the next generation of Cassiopeia and their clansmen awaken. 
 
--History of Cassiopeia, Recorded by The Book of Fate
 
 

 

Kim Jaejoong was an average high school graduated. Not able to enroll in a good college, partly because he wasn't able to pay the tuition, he started taking part-time job to support himself. Why not have a stable job? 'because part-time jobs pay more' that's his answer.
 
He's an orphan. No parents and family since young. The earliest memory he had is him in an orphanage, playing alone. He had no friends, probably due to his cold appearance and the intense stare he would give to anyone who go near him. Also partly because the he could see strings others couldn't.
 
Since young, Jaejoong could see red strings connected to people. Red strings that were invisible to all but him. He often told others about it and freak was the replies. And here came Shim Changmin, his one and only friend. The only one who was not freak out and accept Jaejoong. Changmin was captivated by Jaejoong's big doe eyes. Before they even noticed it, they had become best friend, brothers. And together conquered their school and Jaejoong became the kingka. Now that he had graduated, Changmin succeed him.
 
"Hyung! Stop daydreaming, I'm gonna eat all of your food," Changmin yelled, while trying to steal some chicken from Jaejoong's plate.
 
Jaejoong looked up and scolded, "Yah! You food monster, I paid for your food and now you want to steal mine?"
 
"Yes! I would lov-"
 
"Changmin hyung-nim! Help!" someone cried. A teen dressed in his school uniform, but with chains and metal skulls around his belt came running towards them.
 
"Hyuk? What happened?" Changmin asked, sensing that something bad had taken place.
 
"It's U-Know! He and his gang *pant* come by our usual hangout and demanding us to get lost. *pant* Ravi hyung is enraged, so we got into a fight. But we are losing. Help us hyung-nim!"
 
" Sh*t, they won't be able to best U-Know! Let's go, bballi !" Changmin said, ready to give up his beloved food for his dongsaengs sake.
 
Jaejoong added, " I'm coming too."
 
-----
 
When the trio reached the scene, U-Know's gang was having the upper hand. Not wasting a second Changmin and Hyuk joined in the fight. Jaejoong, however, stopped in his track.
 
'He doesn't have a red string tied to him!' Jaejoong gasped.
 
He's special! He is the same as me. He-he might know why I can see the thread or...or he might even be able to see the thread too! He, I need to talk to -
 
"Hyung! Out of all the time why are you daydreaming now  - argh!" Changmin screamed at Jaejoong, earning himself a punch in his stomach.
 
-----
 
"Hyung! Out of all the time why are you daydreaming now ?!"
 
'Hyung? That weak looking feminine guy is his hyung, the Youngwoong Jaejoong?' Yunho chuckle, not forgetting to land a punch on Changmin's stomach. 
 
"Are you the Youngwoong Jaejoong?" Yunho smiled. Successfully getting rid of his opponents, he walked towards Jaejoong. Yunho eyed every inches of Jaejoong's body before staring right into Jaejoong's eyes, with a sneer on his face. 
 
Yunho tried to read Jaejoong's mind. Keyword: tried. No, Yunho couldn't read Jaejoong's mind. Somehow, it's like there's nothing. Nothing was there for him to read.
 
Soon enough, the sneer was off yunho's face and was replaced with confusion in his eyes. But before anyone could notice it, Yunho composed himself and keep up a cold face.
 
He, who is he? Why can't I read his mind? Is it a coincident or is he ...
 

Yunho smirk, "You are interesting, I like you."

 


 

"Hyung! Someone, no, 2, 2 men changed their destiny! It appeared in the Book of Fate," a young man shouted.

 
" What?! Who?" a brown-haired man asked, shocked, "Who else has the power to change destiny, as far as I know only we can change destiny but not significant enough of it to appear there."
 
"Heechul hyung, it is Jung Yunho and...someone,"
 
"Jung Yunho...it's, he met Caph."
 

 

A/N: hi this is the first ch. hope you all like it. :) And special thanks to my 12 lovely subbies who subscribed to this ff even before the ch 1 is up. kamsamnida~ =) especially DBSJgenie17 and Kyung1Ari who had both commented and subscribed. ^^
 
Hyuk from VIXX makes a cameo in this ch 8D . And Ravi's name is mentioned.  Well they most likely won't appear again. 
 
 
The ch 2 will only be up next week since I'm quite busy this week. BUT I will try to update it as soon as possible. 
 
Thanks for reading~ do comment. I love comments! <3

EDIT: Some editions have been made. Only the original 5 that were blessed by god are called Cassiopeia, their clansmen are Cassies.