Baekhyun's Big Lonely House

Whom I Can't See
When they reached Baekhyun's home, Baekhyun fiddled in his pockets for the keys. He continuously searched in the same places until he recalled Chanyeol wearing his coat. He spun around, and looked at Chanyeol. "Can you reach in those pockets and get my keys?" He asked. Chanyeol immediately nodded like an obedient puppy, shoving his hands in the pockets, and taking out dangling keys in an instant. He passed them to Baekhyun, who had unlocked the door to his home, letting Chanyeol in. 
 
"Well, home sweet home." Baekhyun said, placing the keys on the kitchen counter. Chanyeol was amazed, turning his head to every corner. He bounced around the house, taking his own tour of Baekhyun's home. The sight of Baekhyun's house took Chanyeol's breath away. 
 
"How did you pay all of this?" He asked, suddenly turning around. That shocked Baekhyun, because Baekhyun had been tagging behind Chanyeol to make sure he didn't go in any places he wasn't supposed to. Baekhyun grinned to Chanyeol, and led him to the living room. "I didn't pay, my parents did... Before they left..." His voice was shaking at the end, but he managed to say it. Chanyeol knew he had made an awful mistake. 
 
"I-I'm sorry! I shouldn't have asked that!" Chanyeol said, attempting to bow at Baekhyun, but with Baekhyun leading him, he looked like he was bowing to no one in particular. Baekhyun smiled to him, and patted his back. "It's ok, you don't need to worry. Here, take a seat, I'll go get you something hot. You looked frozen to death out there." He said, when they had reached the living room. Chanyeol grinned back at Baekhyun, and sat on the sofa, waiting for Baekhyun.  
 
Fiddling his fingers, Chanyeol looked around, observing his location. It looked like Baekhyun took care of his house well. After looking at the same old things, Chanyeol's eyes wandered over to a picture of Baekhyun as a child. The photograph was Baekhyun making a superhero pose. Chanyeol laughed, laughing at the funny pose his new friend had made when he was younger. "If only you knew..." He whispered. His voice echoed throughout the room. 
 
"I knew what?" A voice from behind him asked. Chanyeol fell from the couch, because he had turned his whole body around just to inspect the photograph. He looked up at Baekhyun and gave him an embarrassed smile. 
 
"Nothing! You look really cute in this photo!" Chanyeol said, trying to change the subject. He pointed at the childhood photograph at Baekhyun. Baekhyun looked at the photo and he only smiled, before putting soup on the table. 
 
"Those sure were good times." Baekhyun said, having a nostalgic moment, before giving Chanyeol the spoon. "Here. Eat, you're going to need it." Chanyeol looked at the soup, and ran over to the table, grasping hold of the spoon along the way. He instantly started digging into it like he hadn't eaten in days. 
 
With a mouthful in his mouth, Chanyeol smiled a toothy grin at Baekhyun. With all the stuffed soup in his mouth made him look like a squirrel with nuts in its mouth. The thought of that made Baekhyun smile. "Thank you, Baekhyun for the food!" Chanyeol said gleefully. Baekhyun sat on the couch behind him, watching him eat. "You're welcome, Chanyeol."
 
Minutes later, Chanyeol was finished. Baekhyun led him back to the kitchen, which wasn't far from the entrance. He put the bowl in the sink before chuckling. "Let's give you a proper tour this time." Baekhyun said. Chanyeol's eyes brightened, and he started jumping around. "Really Baekhyun? Wow! That would be so cool!"
 
After giving Chanyeol a tour around his house, they ended up back in the living room. Baekhyun asked Chanyeol a question. "So, where do you want to stay?" 
 
Chanyeol looked confused. "Wait, you mean I can stay here?" He asked. Baekhyun nodded. "I can't let you stay out in the cold like that." 
 
Chanyeol's grin got bigger, and he hugged Baekhyun. "As expected from a nice friend like you!" He said first, before putting on a thinking face. "So, can I sleep in your room?" Chanyeol asked, hoping he would be able to sleep with Baekhyun. "I just get really scared of the dark, and I noticed you don't have any night lights anywhere..." He continued, hoping he didn't sound too weird. 
 
Baekhyun thought for a moment, before nodding. "Sure, for awhile. I don't mind. We're just going to buy you a nightlight then." He swore Chanyeol's eyes lit up when he had agreed to let him stay in his room. 
 
"Really!?! You're such a great friend!" Chanyeol said, hugging him happily. Baekhyun wondered when he had become so considerate, he hasn't even known Chanyeol for a week yet.