the morning

La Douleur Exquise

The birds are singing a song for her, and for him who are lonely in their slumber. The sun rays tickling the tip of their noses and toes. The weather whistling their warm-cold love through the window, sending cold to the both. With every seconds goes by, as a sign of a new day, those two people open up their eyes. Slowly, slowly, the eyes flutters open.

Sunday, 6 - 7.                                                                                           

 

 

            She opens her eyes knowing that it’s 10.00 already. The said beauty is awake now. She pulled her back-sitting in the sea of the comfy cotton bed-and stretch her hands a little to the side, then blankly regain her souls back. As she comes to her sense, she set her foot on the wooden floor, cold sent shivers down her spine. The winter season is definitely not in her favorite list. 

 

She silently walked to the boy’s bed, across from her bed, almost tiptoe-ing. Not wanting to wake him up till she got there and ironically wake him up from his slumber.

The boy’s eyes were closed beautifully. She stood there looking at the beauty that’s laying in front of her.

            “Hey, isn’t it time for you to wake up alread-” she said as she pats his head lightly.

            “Already.” the said boy cut her off, drowning his whole body in his sheets, not planning to get out from his bed.

Always like this.

She sighed as she walked to the door, and glance at the room, getting no response from him.

Well, it’s Sunday morning anyway, so there’s nothing to hurry for.

One step, two steps, three steps, she walked slowly down the stairs to the kitchen, not wanting to slip caused by her clumsiness. 

The coffee scent could be smelt from the kitchen now. She brew her coffee in her pajama, then sit on the soffa on the corner, not wanting to rush the day.

She set her cup on the table, curling her feet to her chest, resting her chin on the knees.

It’s morning, and she’s blue already.

It’s been 5 months since they both start living together. It’s not like he proposed to her, and it’s not like they both love each other. I mean, only she does. It’s not like they planned the whole marriage thing anyway.

Their families did.

It’s for both of them, they said. It’s for the best, they said.

Yeah, sound cheesy, isn’t it? They even bought them a beutiful house in the country side, so that the both of them could get along together. And it’s not like they can reject it. If only they can, this story wouldn’t be made by now.

5 months has passed. Day by day, she has to put up with him, receiving such an attitude from him.

Yes, that kind of attitude.

Bad? No, he is totally not bad. He is nice in so many ways. Abusive? That’s a no no no. He is a great-wonderful boy.

The only problem, that leads to many problems up till now, is just that, he doesn’t talk much. it’s like he’s keeping his space, keeping a gap between the both of them.

In fact, he even said that he didn’t want to share a bed with her and asked for a separated bed. For her safety since she’s only 21, and he’s only 23 yet, he said.

And it’s not good now since she’s already fallen over heels for him. Without knowing why and how.

           

A sound could be heard from the stairs, signing that he’s already up.

Her eyes lit up a bit when he popped out from the stairs alley with his bed hair.

Without a command, she then got up from her seat, running a little to the kitchen set. Almost tripping over nothing.

It’s already becoming a habbit for her to brew a coffee in the morning, for both of them. Knowing that so many people praised her coffee, she thought that it’s a thing she should make for him. Even without him asking. And usually, he would drink it without saying anything, as always.

She set his coffee on the living room table, where he sat. And just as usual, he drank it all up,

silently, silently.

And she sat there,

silently, silently.

Waiting for the praises that never come, waiting for him to at least smile.

She sat there waiting for something that seemed so impossible.

 

And that Sunday spent just as the usual Sunday. Ignoring each other’s presence.

Keeping his distance. And calming her own heart.

 

That gloomy yet lovely Sunday, is the same as everyday.

Every single day.