Baby

Neighbors

The next time Heechul and Seunghyun ran into each other, Heechul was holding a baby.

"You look relaxed," Heechul mused, taking in Seunghyun's lack of tie and rolled up sleeves.

"I have to run to the store to buy a can opener. I didn't know you had a baby."

"He doesn't, she's mine." came a woman's voice from behind Seunghyun. He turned and saw a woman who had Heechul's eyes.

"I'm Yoona," she smiled. "That's my daughter Jessica."

Seunghyun noticed she was carrying a baby carrier and a diaper bag. "Seunghyun. I live across the hall from Heechul." he bowed.

"Come on, you can use my can opener." Heechul walked towards his apartment. Seunghyun took the carrier from Yoona.

 

"Noona, can you find my can opener for Hyun?"

Seunghyun raised an eyebrow at the nickname.

"Why can't you do it?" Yoona demanded, putting down the baby bag.

"I'm holding the baby."

"You can do both, you know." Yoona answered, digging through his drawers.

"Jessica likes my book shelves," Heechul told Seunghyun. "As well she should. 'Blessed are the children of bookworms, for they inherit the books.' Or nieces in this case."

Jessica cooed her approval.

"But not when she spits up on me! Ugh, Yoona!"

"She's  a baby, Heechul. It's what they do." Yoona took Jessica in her arms and cleaned her off.

"All the same, no books for you."

Jessica howled her displeasure.

"Nope. I stand firm."

Jessica gurgled.

"Very well. You're forgiven."

Jessica cooed again.

"Now that that's settled, we have to pick Daddy up from work!" Yoona strapped Jessica into her carrier.

"Do you need some help?" Seunghyun asked.

"No thanks. I do it all the time. Later Chulie!" The door clicked behind her.

"You're good with kids." Seunghyun commented.

"Only Jessica. She's my girl. I hate all other  babies."

"So none for you then?"

"It'll ruin my figure."

A deep laugh rumbled from Seunghyun's chest and Heechul smiled.

"Thanks." Seunghyun smiled, holding up the can opener.

"Anytime."