Chapter 4: You Are Mine

Another Side of You

Chapter 4: You Are Mine

               Around noon after the morning rush from L's apartment to school I didn't have time to change so I just came to school with my previous day's clothing. Woohyun as the first to notice my messy state.

               "Geeze...whats up with you?" He eyed me up and down. I didn't know what tell him so I chose to remain silent. Then it was Sungjong's turn to eye me in suspicion.

               "Hey hyun...did..you..go see you know..." He asked. I knew who he was asking about. With that Woohyun turned to me dramatically.

               "T..Tell me did he do something to you? Oh my gosh...he's a isn't he?" His outburst silenced the whole cafeteria. Sungjong just shook his head at Woohyun.

               "Shhh...Woohyun -hyung...do you want to scream it to the whole cafeteria?" I protested.

               "No L...he's...special." I said defensively. I didn't know what to say to Woohyun and Sungjong about the situation. They are my really good friends but right now I think it's best to keep the things between me and Myungsoo privately. Sunggyu hyung already know part of what's going on but right now I think he's the only one who can really help me figure out what's wrong with Myungsoo.

               Hoya and Dongwoo joined our gang shortly.

               "Ya ya ya..whats that the excitement you guys been keeping from us?" Dongwoo hyung budded in.

               " Oh..nothing hyung just Sungyeol hyung decided to stalk the school's resident creeper, and Woohyun -hyung suspect he got in the process." Sungjong nonchalantly.

               "W..What now?" Dongwoo hyung said in confusion. Hoya gave us his infamous judging stare before seating and began digging into his lunch.

               "N..nevermind that hyung don't listen to them." I said trying to do some damage control.

               "N..Noo Sungyeolie you have to tell hyung...if someone is threatening you or doing something to you against your will you have to tell us." Dongwoo said in concern. I shook my head at Woohyun and Sungjong for starting this rumor up and now pulling in poor Dongwoo in the process. Hoya being the more sane and calm one of the group just chuckle and proceed to eating his lunch.

               This was how our group usually went. Sungjong being the sassy diva making ambiguous statement, Woohyun overreacting to my dilemmas, Dongwoo over worrying, and Hoya's sass. Once in a while Sunggyu hyung would drop by and join us if he's not busy. Life was nice, but what I couldn't wish more was if Myungsoo was there as well joining all of us. I wish he isn't alone.

               As the group argue amongst themselves between jokes and silliness my mind started to drift off to Myungsoo. Where did he go this morning? From a far I saw a black figure walking through the cafeteria. It was L. I quickly got up from my seat attempting to go over to where he was. Like usual he was by himself. The moment he sat down people started to move away. Sometimes I hate people, rumors, and their judgmental behaviors. Woohyun immediately saw my movement and nudged Sungjong. The two look on concern.

               "I'll be right back guys I want you to meet someone." I said reassuringly. I wanted Myungsoo to join us. Since I found him again I had hopes that he can join us. I know he is L now but I can't help but feel sadden at how alone he is. I walked over to his table. I could feel some of the students that knows us or know of L was talking amongst themselves. I didn't care what they say about him, or who he believe he. Whether he realize it or not deep down he was Myungsoo.

               "Hey...Myung..I mean L...Did you sleep well? D..Do you want to join me and my friends for lunch?" I asked him shyingly. I didn't really know how to approach him. He didn't respond to my question but stopped between chew and smirked a little bit.

               He tilted his head at me in amusement, got up and inched in face close to mine. His next movement shocked me a bit because he squeezed my face with a single hand hard, and pulling it closer to him. Our lips met briefly. It was more painful than pleasure on my part and I could feel the bitterness in his kiss.

               "Don't think you know me from just one night!" He said. With that he released me. From the distant I could feel the number of eyes on the two of us. The whispers became louder. They could probably see the tension between us. Some were shock at his gesture. Woohyun came rushing in along with Sungjong, Dongwoo, and Hoya.

               "Hey, hey whats going on." Woohyun said glaring at L. L met him with an equally deadly glare, but he remain silent. I quickly turn to the guys to reassure them that everything is ok. L got up from his seat and was about to say something to me then he noticed that Woohyun place a hand on my shoulders. At that he pursed his lips into a thin line. If looks could kill I think Woohyun would've been dead at the moment. He took one last look at me and I could feel his rage burning through.

               "Get lost." He said. His tone seem to burn me like acid. I was about to go after him but Woohyun and the guys held me back.

               "Sungyeolie...w..what was that?" Dongwoo hyung asked in concern. The guys pulled me back to our table. I felt my eyes burning already. I really wish I knew how approach him. L is just so different from Myungsoo.

               "Sungyeol you can't just go up to random dangerous men like that." Woohyun said. The guys console me one after the other, but all I could think about was L. I couldn't help but blame myself for all this. I shouldn't have been so imposing and rush into things like this. Stupid chodding , I think I might have unintentionally hurt him.

               I decided to let L have his space so I didn't look for him later that evening. After classes I went to my job at the cafe as usual hoping L would show up then maybe I could see him for a little bit. Chances were slim these days since he haven't stopped by for a while. My heart hurts just thinking about L and not knowing what to do to get closer to him.

               "One Americano, no sugar." A familiar voice said. I looked up from the register eagerly. It was L.

               "Y..Yes of course...w..will you be sitting in sir? O..or .." I couldn't finish when he interrupted me.

               "I'll have this one here." He said coolly. I could've sworn my heart skipped a beat upon hearing that. 'YES! Thank the heavens. I get to see him longer!' I internally screamed. Woohyun noticed us and started coming. I gave him a glare and signaled him that there isn't anything bad so he needs to chill out. L didn't seem to notice thankfully. He headed towards the table at the corner where he sat at last time.

               L is so different form Myungsoo. Myungsoo was very predictable sometimes and it's easy to guess his moods when he's happy, when he's sad, and when he's angry.

               I found myself staring at him longingly. It's been so long, where have you been all these years?

               "You can stop giving him googley eyeing now, the coffee is spilling over." Woohyun commented.

               "Let me be. " I said.

               "I don't see what you see in that jerk." Woohyun commented.

               "You wouldn't understand." I said bluntly.

               "Don't tell me its love. You barely know him." Woohyun said.

               "I know him as long as I can remember." I answered. "I hope you understand for me hyung, so please don't worry."

               Woohyun knew what I meant so he nodded in agreement.

               I took finish with the Americano and took it over to Myungsoo. He stared at me for a few seconds with an annoyed expression and looked over to the counter at Woohyun sending him a death glare. He got up from his seat and slid one arm around my waist. Leaning in he whispered into my ears,

               "From now on you are mine. Talking and associating with other people above the acquaintances level is considered cheating got that?" His words are firm and intimidating. Things like this Myungsoo would never say. I'm starting to see a big difference between L and Myungsoo, but I can't help but feel my heart beat quicken with I'm around him. Whether he is Myungsoo or L it doesn't really matter to me anymore because they are part of one person that I love. I nodded to his request.

               He finally let go and stared at me coolly still having a firm grip on my waist.

               Myungsoo...L...Myungsooo...L My mind repeated those names through the night as I stare up at my ceiling. I figured I had to ask Sunggyu hyung about this case when I see him. As far as I can tell I haven't seen Myungsoo. And he doesn't seem to remember me in the slightest, but that photo book...What does L see when he look at it? Does he see himself as Myungsoo when he look at it? Or is it a completely foreign object to him?

 

 

               "So you guys are an item now?" Sungjong asked inquisitively. I nodded gleefully and Woohyun just shook his head disapprovingly at me.

               "There are rumors going around school saying that he's blackmailing you." Woohyun said. I rolled my eyes at that.

               "You for one should know better to not listen to those rumors hyung!" I scolded. "Anyways I'm gonna see him after class today."

               "Waa...wait don't you have work today?" Sungjong stated.

               "Yess I'm seeing him at work. He's gonna stop by the cafe. And he invited me to his apartment." I said brightly. Just the thought seeing L had my heart jumping nervously, "Oh and have you guys seen Sunggyu hyung? I need to ask him about something."

               "Hmm he's been with exams lately. It's his last year afterall."Woohyun hyung said, " Wait...you're going to L's apartment later after work?!"

               "Um... yes?!" I said. I didn't know what's wrong with that.

               "Isn't that kinda late hyung?" Sungjong pitched in.

               "Yes, late and dangerous. You barely know what he's late. Given if he is your 'Myungsoo'." Woohyun interjected.

               "Woohyun stop...L isn't dangerous. He's not like that. If he was that kind of guy something would've happened to me before, besides I'm not a little girl!" I reasoned.

               "He could be playing it cool and then BAM! You're at the palms of his hand!" Woohyun explained hitting his fist to his palm making a dramatic example. Sungjong dragged Woohyun away.

               "Let him be hyung he can take care of himself." Sungjong stated. Sometimes I can't tell who is the maknae of our group. "Ok see you later at work Sungyeol hyung." I waved to them goodbye.