Chapter 7

Forgotten, Bruised, and Battered (Discontinued)

"So, Jihyun. Ready?"

I took a deep breath and rolled around on my bed. I was about to talk to Byunghun about my problems again.

"Yah. Jihyun."

"Huh? Yeah. I'm ready." I rolled on my back and stared at the ceiling. "But I'm not going to randomly burst out crying."

Byunghun chuckled and plopped down on the bed beside me. "Sure, don't do anything you don't want."

I checked the time. 9pm. Byunghun and Chanhee would be leaving around 9.30pm. Sigh. I rolled around and faced Byunghun, who was drawing random shapes on a pillow.

"Well.."

Byunghun snapped his head towards me.

"It's Niel."

Byunghun rolled his eyes and laid down on the bed, hands behind his head. "Wow Jihyun, I just found out.", he said sarcastically. I glared at him, but he motioned for me to continue.

"Do you think he'll come after me at school? I mean, he'll be curious what happened when we were together, right? Even when the relationship only lasted for 20 seconds.." I muttered the last sentence.

"Of course he's curious. He's not one of those guys who go 'I don't give a about what's happening around me'. He's more of a Curious George." Byunghun rolled on his stomach and stretched his arms out in front of him. He yawned, then grabbed a pillow and slid one arm under it. He set his head on the pillow and closed his eyes.

"Byunghun, don't you dare sleep on my bed."

He just mumbled something I couldn't really understand.

I looked out the window - the moon was high and shining bright; and looked bigger than I have ever seen. "But do you think he'll come after me?"

Byunghun didn't asnwer. I snapped my head towards his direction. I leaned down, tucked my hair behind my ear and positioned my ear near his mouth. I leaned back and glared at his sleeping figure. "Byunghun. You. Are. ing. Sleeping. On. My. ing. Bed."

I sighed and stood up from my sitting position. I stalked towards the door and opened it, only to find Chanhee oppa with a surprised look on his face and hands held to his chest.

"Oh my gosh, Jihyun, you scared me." Chanhee oppa fanned his face, and I chuckled.

"Byunghun fell asleep, by the way.", I informed him. He peeked behind me.

"HELL YES!", he exclaimed, and started to dance around. I found it funny at first, but then, why he would say 'HELL YES' when his brother fell asleep in my room.

"Oppa--"

"MINSOO HYUNG I'M STAYING THE NIGHT HERE!!" aaaaaand he ran off.

I laughed and shook my head at my childish oppa/teacher. Sometimes I really wonder how he's so much like a naggy old man at school, but then turns 180 degrees when he's with us.

I stepped out and closed the door behind me, then made my way towards the living room. I heard the two oppa's voices, as well as mom's. I ran into the living room and found them watching TV, m still standing near the front door.

"Hi mom!" I ran to her and hugged her.

"Jihyun! You'll be sleeping in Minsoo's room tonight, okay? Chanhee told me Byunghun fell asleep in yours." She kissed my cheeks and made her way to kiss Minsoo oppa's.

I nodded, but asked: "Where is Minsoo oppa and Chanhee oppa going to sleep?" Oppa gestured towards the living room. "Oh. Okay."

"Mkay, children, I'm going to go catch some z's first. See you in the morning!", mom cheered. For a 46-year-old business woman who spends her time in the office almost everyday, she's very cool and has the ability to keep a chat between herself and teenager going on.

"I'm going to sleep as well. Pie." I waved and walked off. Just as I got to Minsoo oppa's bedroom door, I heard Chanhee oppa say: "I love your mom, hyung."

"BWOH?!"

I heard Chanhee oppa's chuckle. "Not that way, of course. The same way I loved my mother. Your's is like my second mother."

I chuckled and shut the door behind me. I feel the same way towards your mother, Chanhee oppa. It's so sad she died in the fire.

I sighed as I plopped down on Minsoo oppa's bed. I pulled the duvet over me and closed my eyes, wishing for a good night's sleep.

 

-----------

 

As soon as Jihyun drifted off to dreamland, the distant memory of the hot fire surrounding her came back. All of a sudden, she was back to 9 years ago, when she was 7. She was at Chanhee and Byunghun's house, along with Minsoo and her parents. Minsoo and Chanhee were just 12, Byunghun just 9.

You see, Minsoo and Chanhee's fathers were great friends. They always had each other's back. Simply, they were like brothers. The two families always had dinner together every week, alternating between the two households.

Then, one day, while the parents were grilling meat outside, the three boys ran off into the kitchen. Less than five minutes later, they ran out of the house, leaving Jihyun inside, still playing with her Barbie dolls. She didn't even realize they went, until the blazing flames started to surround her.

Jihyun kept yelling and shouting, "Mom! Dad! Help! Minsoo oppa!"

Jihyun's father, when he saw the bright orange flames from inside, ran into the house that was burning down, determined to save his daughter. He succeeded in bringing his daughter back, but collapsed when he reached the rest of his family.

The head of the Lee family had called an ambulance, but by the time it came, Bang Seunghoon had already taken his last portion of oxygen. Through all the  grief, another problem arose. Lee Miyoung, mother of the two Lee brothers, was missing.

A few hours after the incident, her body was found, a half burnt wedding photo in hand. She was trying to save her wedding photo, but in turn, she lost her life when a block of concrete landed on her back.

The two families were devastated. The Lee's had lost a lovely wife and mother, meanwhile, the Bang's had lost a brave husband and father.

 

------------

 

When Jihyun woke up, she was drenched in sweat, clothes sticking to her body like her sweat was glue. She was panting and gasping for air.

"It's been nine ing years! Stop it!", she yelled to nobody in particular.

She sat up abruptly and pulled on her hair, sniffing and wiping away the sweat that had collected on her face. She pushed the blanket away and walked towards the door. She tip-toed towards the living room to find Minsoo, but then remembered he was with Chanhee. When she got there, the two were in deep sleep, snoring off like there was no tomorrow.

Her next option was her mother, but not wanting to make her wake up late, she decided against it. And now she had two options. To go to Byunghun or force herself to sleep. She chose the first option.

Byunghun had just woken up with a dry throat, and was wanting to get a glass of water of quench his thirst. Just as he pushed the duvet off of his body, the door opened and Jihyun stepped in.

To his surprise, Jihyun attacked him in a hug. He felt his shirt become wet, and he knew Jihyun was crying.

"Jihyun.. Why are you crying?", he asked her, running his hands in her hair. Jihyun sniffed and pulled away, wiping her eyes. "I dreamt of it again."

Byunghun knew what she meant, and wrapped his arms around her again.

"Sit here, Jihyun. I'll go get some water for both of us."

 

----------

 

(Byunghun)

Holy .

She dreamt of it again.

I sighed as I filled the second cup with water. I took a sip, and I felt the liquid rehydrate my throat. I my lips and continued to gulp the drink down. Within no time, the cup was empty.

I chuckled to myself and placed the cup in the sink, then with another cup of water in my hand, walked back to Jihyun's room.

When I walked in, she was lying down on the bed, eyes closed. I saw her chest heave up and down, and I knew she was asleep. I chuckled silently and placed the cup on her desk, then crawled into bed next to her.

I wrapped one arm around Jihyun's waist and buried my nose in her hair. I smiled.

"I love you, Bang Jihyun."

 

------------

 

Eyy guysss so ya. This was what came into ma mind. Btw, Bang Seunghoon isn't really CAP's father's real name. I just made it up. Miyoung as well. Bahahahahah this is probably the longest chapter so far.

So um. NIEL'S COMING IN THE NEXT CHAPTERRRR AND IM SO SORRY FOR THE LACK OF NIEL SO YEAH HE'LL BE IN THE NEXT CHAPTER