Chapter 05

Belle

 

A week flew by and I kept thinking. Belle is such a nice girl, how can she not have any friends? She can't be those insecure girls out there, she's different.

 

"Belle, remember that day, when you said you didn't have friends?"

 

"Yes Kris."

 

"Why?"

 

"I don't get the chance to meet people in real life. I stay at home every day and go on chat roulette to make new friends."

 

"Don't you go to school?"

 

"No Kris, I don't. I'm home-schooled."

 

"Then your foster mom must be on the wealthier side then?"

 

"Sadly, no. We're not wealthy but we aren't poor either."

 

"That's nice to hear," I choked. 

 

I couldn't think of anything else to say. Am I that bad with words?

 

"How about you? You mentioned you moved to Korea, why?"

 

"Um, my family is rather complicated. My mom married a guy from Korea after my dad died. Let's just say after 10 years, I'm still not used to my stepdad and my stepsisters," I said coldly.

 

"Well at least you have a dad, a biological mom and sisters to add some spice into your life.."

 

"I'm sorry," was all I could say. 

 

Bad with words again, ugh.

 

"No, it's fine. I need to go."

 

"Wait, before you go. Belle, some day, you'll have your own complete family."

 

"Some day."

 

"Yes, some day."

 

"Bye Kris."

 

"Good bye, Belle."

 

And she left.

 

Tiny conversations like this went on for 3 months. Day by day, I learned more about her. Her personality, her likes and dislikes, her hobbies, lots more. Belle is an interesting person. Despite her sad backstory, she never fails to look at her life positively. She loves helping others, and would do anything to make someone happy. And she tells me she's happy when she helps someone. 

 

However, Belle seems out of breath lately. She also hasn't been picking up my calls and always reply voicemails 1 or 2 hours late. Not trying to intrude her personal space but I got worried. She claims that she has been a tad bit ill and has been resting, but something tells me that there is more to that. I wished she could tell me.

 

Last time, all I could think about was how much I hated my "family". Now, all I can think about is how to make Belle happy.