01

UNSPOKEN

       It was friday in the morning where a week traffic in Seoul's finally end. It lessens the bad mood in Kyungsoo since he hate to hear cars' buzz, its hurting his pretty ears. Sitting on his sky blue covered-bed, hands on the both sides of the said bed, Kyungsoo's starring on a picture frame that is resting on the mini table nearby the right side of his bed. It was a photo of him and his step brother, Byun Baekhyun. Wide and pretty grins were on their faces that day. The photo was taken on their gradeschool graduation day. A bitter smile form on his beautiful fluffy cheeks. In house, in class, in choir class, in everywhere, Baekhyun's always the first while his always the next. It makes him feel envyness for his brother for unexplainable and such reasons. His brother treated him well. In fact, Baekhyun's always by his side. But he can't help but to feel bad. He can't understand, though. He thinked that Baekhyun had everything that is supposed to be for him. Baekhyun got his mom's concern, Baekhyun got his bestfriends support, Baekhyun got choir class' trust, Baekhyun got everyone's attention. It may sound too cruel but it makes him hate his own brother. He can't help but to evily asks, "What if Baekhyun didn't exists?" and "What if Baekhyun disappear?" Selfishness? Maybe yes. He don't know but as days passes by the hatred and envyness in his heart from his own brother grows little by little. He knew how wrong it was but he can't fight the bad feelings that his shattered and lonely heart felt. And it made him feel sick every seconds of his breath!

 

      Kyungsoo took a deep and unsatisfied breath with the bitter tears slowly fell down on his beautiful face at the same time. He, then stretches his right hand to reach the said picture frame and weakly throw it on the wall of his room. He can't understand this kind of feelings why he's blaming Baekhyun for everything. Maybe because--- because he felt like because of Baekhyun it seems that he's invisible and didn't exists. Maybe because Baekhyun had the attention that he can't have till his brother's around.

 

"What did Baekhyun had I didn't have?" Is the last question that popped out on his innocent-before's mind.

-------

       Baekhyun just got home from his overnight soccer practiced. It took overnight without him and even his co-members knowing it will. On the other hand,. Kyungsoo spend night in the house alone since their parents went overseas for a bussiness trip.

 

Baekhyun went straight to the kitchen since it was saturday and saturday is about baking when it comes to his step brother. He place down his bag and other things on the mini table as he approached Kyungsoo whose busy preparing breakfast.

 

"Soo, I'm sorry I didn't go home." He said and pouted as he finally stand next to his brother. "Why you're not answering my calls?

 

Kyungsoo shook his head, trying to make himself more busy on mixing flour and other ingredients in baking cookies. He don't know what to answer, in fact. And he can't even face his step brother. He don't want to, anyway.

 

Baekhyun sighed. "Dont you know I keep worrying about you at the evening? You're not answering my calls and Mr.Kim said you didn't attend class." He said, trying to calm himself down. As a big brother he should know if Kyungsoo's fine or not. He should, right?  "I'm worried 'cause you're alone. I keep calling every 30 minutes but you didn't even answer even one of it!"

 

Finally, Kyungsoo stop mixing something on the bowl and put down the mixer that he was holding and faced his step brother with red and angry eyes. "Why? Because you thinked I can't take care of myself alone? You thinked I can't do things alone? You thinked I can't stand without you?"

 

Baekhyun's jaw dropped in his brother's sudden words and action. He blinks in disbelief that Kyungsoo can withdraw words like that. Like--- ugh! Why? Is it now wrong worrying about you're own step brother? Kyungsoo is a nicest person that Baekhyun knew in this world and now--- what happened? They're not actually brothers but---

 

"Are you sick, Kyungsoo?" He asked, lips thicked.

 

"Yes, I am." Kyungsoo coldly answered.

 

Baekhyun stretched his arm and touches Kyungsoo's forehead and neck. He's not warm at all. "Soo, you are not---" He didn't able to finish his words because his brother cut it.

 

"I'm sick. I'm sick of you, Baekhyun!" The words itself slips in Kyungsoo's mouth without he, himself expecting it.

 

An unexplainable feeling hit Baekhyun's chest in disbelief. He looked straight at his step brother's eyes and Kyungsoo just looked away.

 

Kyungsoo starts to shakes, realized what he just said. On the other hand, Baekhyun frozed, hurt. Can't believe Kyungsoo can hurt him like this in just those words that he never expected his brother will ever say. They're best buddies. They're partners. They're best friends. They promised to protect and love each other even they're just step brothers. They--- they---- hot tears slowly felldown in Baekhyun's innocent face. Can't understand Kyungsoo's reason for this.

 

Kyungsoo sighs as he saw his brother silently cries in front of him. A big impact of guilt and regretted hits his chest but half of him believed he meant what he just said.

 

"I.. I'm sorry." Kyungsoo said in a almost ghost-word. "E-excuse me!" He said and walks away inside this kitchen as fast as he can and runs upstairs towards his room and locked himself up. Don't even want to get up for he's afraid to face his step brother again.

------

 

      After what happened earlier in the house, Baekhyun can't help but to feel bad. This is really the first time he felt like this like he lost his own life. "I'm sick of you, Baekhyun!" Kyungsoo's voice's keep echoing on his mind and it only sends pain inside his already shatteres heart. He just can't accept it! He can't believe it! That Kyungsoo yelled at him like that plus his sentece that hit his chest hard. Because damn it! Kyungsoo is not just a step brother but a best friend. A best friend that he need the most.

 

"Bro, you okay?" His choir class close friend asked. Kim Jongdae, their class president and topnatched at the same time. Jongdae is the best out of the best, everyone thinks.

 

He shook his head and managed to face his friend and hide the pain with a wide smile. "Of course!"

 

"But your heart aren't in the song when we were practicing." Baekhyun look at the left and saw Jongdae's chinese cousin, another choirmate and also a soccermate, Lu Han. Lu Han sitted accross him and Jongdae with a concern smile on its beuautiful face.

 

He sighed, then gulped. "Is that so?" Is what he just responded.

 

He looked at the two, deeply. He always sings with all his heart. But maybe they're right. Maybe because of what just happened. Maybe.

 

Jongdae and Lu Han nods and he can see the concern in their eyes. He smiled. At least he has friends to lean on, right? He heaved a heavy sigh before telling them what happened and the two's jaw dropped in disbelief.

 

"Kyungsoo is a nice guy." Lu Han said. "Maybe it's just a misunderstanding?"

 

He nodded. "I'll talk to him later."

 

"That's a right thing to do, bro." Jongdae commented, he putted an arm around Baekhyun's neck and shoulder and gave him a encouraging smile. "You'll be okay soon." and look at his chinese cousin, Lu Han. "Right hyung?"

 

Lu Han nodded and smiled, "Right!" and gave Baekhyun a thumbs up.

 

But despite of his friends' encouragement, Baekhyun still feel down and bad. He dont like this! He don't like the idea that the most important person to him will walk away and never talk to him again. It hurts! Because of the thought, after the choir class he ran to the wash room and asked Jongdae and Lu Han not to follow him so the two does as a respect.

 

In the wash room, Baekhyun locked himself and cried out all what he feels.