Chapter 1

Marionette's Castle

                


 

          This is crazy.

                Taehyung tought as he glanced over to see Jungkook. He was really worried about their plans. It all started when J-Hope found something about an urban legend in a nearby amusement park. Then he annoyingly texted all of them to come to Jungkook’s house and wrecked Taehyung’s date together with Jungkook, but Jungkook doesn’t seem to mind at all.

                He stared at Jungkook hoping for at least a no, I don’t want this expression on Jungkook’s face. But he was actually smiling and excited about their plans. Taehyung sighed heavily, without anyone noticing. He looked to the glowing screen and stared at it. He really can’t deal with anything scary, even though he doesn’t look like the easily-frightened type.

                They were all there, planning the so called ‘investigation’ while laughing at some small jokes. Taehyung doesn’t want to ruin this moment, so he put aside his fear and pretend to enjoy the conversation.

                In the screen, there’s an image of a creepy castle. Its’ silhouette looming over the moon, and the gates seems kind of creepy. He saw an article about the castle near the image and he read it silently.

                This amusement park was rumored to have missing people that never returned. They said, those people disappeared in the night when they went inside this castle. A lot of happy couples went in there but never came out.

 There has been no sighting about the corpses too, just a 10 seconds black-out before the boat comes out, with no passenger in it.

-Anonymous, 5 October 1998

                Taehyung got goose-bumps reading the sender. This means, this disappearing thing has been happening since ’98, and that’s like 16 years ago. He stepped back a bit only to be shocked when Jungkook playfully tapped his shoulder from behind. “ACK!” he shouted.

                The other members laughed seeing Taehyung panicking. “Yah! Don’t do that!” he punched Jungkook in the shoulder lightly while blushing. Jungkook apologized and messed with Taehyung’s hair, smiling handsomely and adorably at the same time. Taehyung can’t help but stare at Jungkook’s attractive smile, making Jungkook stare back in confuse. He looked at his friends to see them still absorbed in the planning, and he smirked a bit and leaned in to pecked lightly on Taehyung’s lips.

                Taehyung suddenly got beet red and he quickly covered his face with his hands. Jungkook was holding in his chuckle while looking at the state Taehyung is in. He then decided to turn around and continued planning with the others.

                The day went by so quickly without them realizing that the sun is already setting and the sky had gotten bloody red. They spent the day by planning, then playing video games, then watch a rented movie and do some other brotherly stuff together. They were all happy, except Taehyung who is now sulking because of his ruined date.

                After spending some time together a bit longer, they all decided to go home, “Hey, it’s almost 6 guys, we’re probably disturbing Jungkook. It’s his day off, right?” Rapmon caught their attention.

                “Yeah, sorry Kookie,” Jimin patted Jungkook’s back with a playful smile.

                “Okay, come on, let’s all go home now, we’ve been here all day. Time sure flies by,” Jin stood up, giving gestures to the others to follow his lead. He is the eldest one of them all.

                They all went down to the front gate and bowed while patting each other on the back and saying goodbye or thank you and other greetings. On the other hand, Taehyung decided to stay the night at Jungkook’s place. They both watched and waved at their friends until they walked into the distance and disappeared.

                Taehyung quietly went back to Jungkook’s room and sat down on the floor, sighing. Jungkook followed him and sat down beside him. They both sat next to each other for quite some time without a conversation at all. Then Jungkook started fidgeting, “Taehyung, are you mad at me?” he looked at his eyes directly.

                “No, not really,” Taehyung replied briefly.

                “Then why are we not talking?” Jungkook looks at him with pleading eyes.

                “No reason, I’m just kind of sleepy. That’s all,” he said without even looking at Jungkook's eyes.

                Jungkook, feeling frustrated for being ignored, pulled Taehyung’s chin and kissed him roughly. Taehyung tried to push Jungkook away but to no avail. After a while, Jungkook finally let go and left them both panting for air. “I love you Taehyung. I’m sorry, okay? Please don’t ignore me..” Jungkook said while looking at Taehyung, his pleading eyes seems like it could melt anything. Taehyung finally nodded and mumbled, “Love you to, Kookie,” he hugged Jungkook. They both finally made up and leaned on into each other, just making up for the lost time.

                Jin, Rapmon, Jimin, J-Hope and Suga walked the wide road together while laughing, having some fun together. Then they reached an intersection, “Bye guys, I’m going this way,” J-Hope waved at the rest of his friends and smiled at them before walking into another smaller road by himself. He breathed out a heavy sigh.

                He walked in a fast pace and went for the train station. He bought the tickets and went on the train, going against the flow of people coming out from the train. While his friends were only thinking of going home, this guy is quite curious about the urban legend in the amusement park. J-Hope decided to see for himself what is hidden in that giant doll castle.

                He rode the train for around 5 minutes and got off at some point of the station near the amusement park. But when he got out, it is unusually empty. He looked around for a bit more, but there were no signs of any other person than him. He started to shiver from the cold chilly night wind. He walked consiously to that so called "amusement park", trying to cover his arms from the wind and embrace himself through the darkness.

               J-Hope didn’t believe a single word from the article that he read. He never believed in such things.

And as he went inside with light steps, looking around at the unfamiliar area

the gates of escape had closed…

His fate sealed

 

forever...


 

A/N: Hi! sorry if this takes a long time to update.. we''ll post chapter 2 propably a week later cause of final exams 3

please subscribe, comment and vote too~   WUL for exams ^o^