CHAPTER 9

The Escape Route
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*"I was in high school when my dad left us. Mom's sick and I have a sister who is still so young to know what's going on. I didn't know what to do. One night when I was on my way to my part time job, men in their black suits forced me into coming with them. I was really scared, Sehun. I thought they're going to kill me. I tried to get away from them but they threatened to hurt me, hurt my family and I knew it had something to do with my dad. He borrowed money from Wu Yi Fan, the biggest loan shark here in China but he couldn't pay for it. Unfortunately, I was his collateral."

  We were lying down beside each other when Luhan opened up to me. His voice trembling, scared and it felt like he doesn't want to remember any memory of it. As I was listening to him, it made me sick, angry and disappointed. How could a father do this to his son? I couldn't do anything but to just stay with him. I pulled him closer to me, his head pillowing my arm and hugged him real tight. "I'm here, Luhan. You have me now." I told him in assurance because I have had my fair share of doubts before but now, I am sure. I am so sure.    "Thank you, Sehun." Luhan whispered in my ear and he wrapped his arm around me and nestled his head in my neck.    "No, thank you. I bet it took you a lot to tell me that." I told Luhan, keeping him safe in my arms and I brought my hand to his head, softly brushing my fingers to his hair. He hummed, "A little. To be honest with you, I wasn't suppose to tell you but you deserved to know."    I lowered my head to face him, he looked so calm like the emotional baggage that he was carrying the whole time was lift off. "No, I don't deserve it. Luhan, I'm just a guy you met at a park and slept with one night, who wants to help you though I don't have a -" he cut me off with a soft kiss on my lips and said, "I like you too. That's why you deserved to know."   I smiled and brought my lips closer to his and whispered, "Thank you." and took his lips to mine. We were kissing as if it is the first time. There's no need to be subtle because I am completely aware, awake and sober. Luhan's lips slowly but gradually getting needy. My lips outlining every inch of his and with this kiss, it felt like I knew another thing about Luhan.   

I opened my eyes the next morning and I felt my other side move but this time, I like what I am seeing. Luhan is still soundly asleep beside me. His head still pillowing my arm but his arms are spread in either sides of the bed and his legs also spread apart as if he's trying to make a snow angel. I realized that I was just occupying less than a fourth of the bed space and I internally laugh at how beautiful this man is. 

  The sunlight hits Luhan's angelic face and I never noticed his long lashes, cute nose, soft pink lips and cheeks so rosy until now since this is the first time I'm waking up not feeling heavy, nauseous and clueless. But, I have to give it to his head for being heavy. I couldn't feel my arms but I don't care as long as I know Luhan is here. With me. Beside me.    I continue to observe Luhan as he sleeps, his eyelids closed against the sun's light, his breathing relaxed, he sleeps like a baby, so quiet and peaceful and I'm thankful that he's sleeping without nightmares and thoughts from the past.    Luhan slowly rolls to my side, I felt my arm cramping and I just bit on my lip to avoid from waking him up. But he rested his arm on my side and pulled me closer to him for a hug. Luhan nuzzling my chest, his head still on my arm but the tingling feeling felt by my arm was replaced with a warm, "Good Morning, Sehun." For me that was enough.    "Good Morning
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter