Chapter 3

You are my Light

“Remind me why we’re leaving again?” Kyung asked Yukwon the next day as the latter pushed him and the other Block B members towards the door.

Yukwon made an exasperated face. “Last time,” he whacked Kyung upside the head, “I’m working on a new dance and I don’t want you guys to see it yet.”

“So you want us to leave for three hours…” Taeil said, finding the flaw in Yukwon’s story.

“Just go!” Yukwon shoved the boys out of the dorm. It was quarter to 7 and he didn’t want the boys there when Eunmi came because then they’d never leave.

“Hyung wait,” Zico smirked, “doesn’t Eunmi Noona get off of work at 7 today?” The rest of the boys smiled at each other and made faces at Yukwon.

“GO!” Yukwon slammed and locked the door. They boys laughed and walked towards the stairwell.

Yukwon sighed, “Finally.” Then he got to work. As much as Eunmi said that it didn’t bother her, Yukwon wanted to clean the dorm a little bit before she got there. Who knows? They might need running space again. Yukwon smiled fondly at the memory and got to work.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Are you sure you don’t need a ride home?” Chaerin asked Eunmi.

Eunmi smiled at her friend’s concern. “I’m sure,” she assured and continued to gather her things.

Chaerin shook her head, “You should have brought your car today. It’s supposed to rain.”

“Don’t worry,” Eunmi walked into the kitchen closet to change out of her uniform, “I won’t get caught in the rain.”

Chaerin stood guard at the closet to make sure that no other employees walked in. “You better not,” she commanded. “We’re singing at the coffee shop’s open mic night, remember?”

“I remember,” Eunmi’s voice was muffled came from behind the door. Finally she stepped out from the closet in dark jeans, an orange tank top, a blue varsity hoodie with white sleeves, and white, wedge-heel sneakers.

Chaerin gave a nod of approval, “Looking good.” Then her face lit up in a smile of realization. “You’re going over to Yukwon’s house, aren’t you,” she sang.

Eunmi smiled as she swung her purse over her shoulder. “Maybe,” she replied.

Chaerin squealed, “Oh my gosh you guys are so cute!”

Eunmi tossed her hair over her shoulder like a diva, “I know.”

“What are you still doing here?” Chaerin handed Eunmi the rest of her things and started pushing her towards the back door. “Go have fun!”

Eunmi laughed, “Sometimes I think you enjoy my relationship more than I do.”

Chaerin snorted. “I doubt it,” she said, “You two are so freakishly in love and perfect for each other.”

“This is true,” Eunmi agreed. “See you tomorrow, arraso?”

Chaerin nodded. “Be safe,” she hugged her friend. Eunmi made a face. Chaerin laughed at Eunmi’s expression. “I meant getting there, pabo,” she insisted.

“Sure you did,” Eunmi agreed sarcastically and walked out the door. The chilly air smelled of rain and Eunmi pulled up her hood. She checked her phone. It was 5 after 7. Eunmi smiled and walked a little faster, eager to see her boyfriend.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Great,” Jaehyo muttered as he searched his pockets in vain for his wallet.

“What?” B-Bomb asked the younger boy.

“I left my wallet back at the dorm,” Jaehyo grumbled.

B-Bomb looked at the eldest of the group, “Can we go back?”

Taeil looked at the rest of the boys and then looked at their surroundings. They hadn’t gotten very far yet and the short trek back to dorm wouldn’t take that long. “Sure,” he agreed.

“Maybe we’ll see Eunmi Noona!” P.O exclaimed excitedly, causing the rest of the boys to laugh. With that, they turned around and started back towards the dorm.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10 after 7. Eunmi would get to the dorm any second. Yukwon paced around the living room like a little kid. He wasn’t nervous, he was excited. He hadn’t been able to spend time with his girlfriend for a few days and was impatient to see her. She was literally the best thing that had ever happened to him. She had saved him from depression, given him the strength to go on, and made his life pure bliss.

Suddenly a knock sounded throughout the dorm. Eunmi! Yukwon ran to the door and pulled it open to embrace his girlfriend. Yukwon stopped short. Eunmi wasn’t standing on the other side of the door. Im Jinah, the girl Yukwon never wanted to see again, the girl who had broken his heart, was. Im Jinah, Yukwon’s ex-girlfriend, was standing in front of him, as beautiful as ever.

“J-Jinah,” Yukwon stuttered, at a loss for words.

“Hi Yukwon,” Jinah smiled a genuine smile.

Yukwon ran his hand through his hair. “W-what are you doing here?” he asked.

Jinah laughed a gorgeous laugh that Yukwon never wanted to hear again. “I’m here to see you, silly,” she said. Yukwon’s jaw dropped at this statement. “Yukwon,” Jinah went on, walking through the doorway, “I’ve missed you so much, I just had to come see you.”

Yukwon backed up as Jinah came closer. “What are you talking about?” he backed up until he was standing in front of the couch, which prevented him from backing up anymore.

"Yukwon, I still love you,” Jinah said.

Yukwon blinked rapidly, trying to understand what he had just heard. “You what?” he asked.

“I never stopped loving you,” Jinah insisted. “It nearly killed me when I had to leave you but it was best for us.”

Yukwon stared at Jinah with an incredulous look. “You can’t be serious,” he accused. “You wanted to leave me, remember?”

“Yukwon,” Jinah stepped closer, if that was possible, and placed a hand on Yukwon’s chest, “don’t you remember what we shared together?”

Yukwon glared. “I purposely forgot after I learned what a fake you were,” he hissed.

Jinah smirked, a lustful glint in her eyes. “Well then,” she whispered, “let me remind you.” With that she pushed Yukwon, causing him to lose his balance and fall onto the couch. Jinah straddled Yukwon at the waist and crashed her lips on his. Yukwon attempted to stop the assault on his lips but was interrupted by the sound of books dropping. Both Jinah and Yukwon looked up, still in their compromising position, to see Eunmi standing in front of them.

Yukwon, too shocked to move, could only whisper, “Eunmi…”

Jinah, on the other hand, spoke up right away. “Who are you and what are you doing here?” she asked, annoyed.

Eunmi stared at Yukwon for a few seconds longer, betrayal filling her dark eyes, before giving Jinah her attention. “I-I’m Eunmi, and I’m here to return something to Yukwon-ssi.”

Yukwon’s heart broke a little bit when he heard Eunmi say his name formally, but it was nothing compared to what happened next. Eunmi smiled. She smiled and slipped her couple ring off of her finger. Then, holding it up for all of them to see, Eunmi dropped it. The small band of silver fell, seemingly in slow motion, until it hit the hardwood floor. She looked back at Yukwon and bowed.

“Goodbye,” she said, and Yukwon knew that she meant it. Eunmi her heel and walked out of the door and Yukwon felt like his heart had been ripped out and gone with her.

After a few seconds of horror, Yukwon finally realized what was happening. Eunmi was leaving. She was leaving. She was leaving!

“Eunmi!” Yukwon threw Jinah off of him, ignoring her yelp of pain, and ran after his girlfriend. “Eunmi wait,” Yukwon ran out of the room and ran into the rest of Block B, who had just gotten back to get Jaehyo’s wallet, and had witnessed Eunmi run from the dorm.

“Hyung,” Zico yelled after the departing figure, “what happened?”

Yukwon didn’t stop to answer, he just ran as fast as he could to catch up with Eunmi.

“AHHHHHHHHH!” P.O yelled in his deep voice when he stepped into the dorm. The rest of the boys ran into dorm to see what had gotten the maknae so freaked out and found Jinah sitting on couch as if she owned the place.

“Who are you?” Taeil demanded.

Jinah smiled, “I’m Im Jinah.”

“Oh my gosh,” B-Bomb whispered.        

“What?” Kyung asked.

B-Bomb looked at the rest of the boys, “Yukwon’s ex.”

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Yay another chapter done!

Ooh conflicts are happening! How did you like Yukwon's ex showing up and ruining things? Let me know!

Remember to comment and subscribe!

*blows kisses*