Final Chapter

Friendship Or Love?

 

"What happened after that, auntie?" Min Jin asked the older woman as she turned her gaze to look at her aunt. A hint of curiosity sparkled in her eyes. 
 
"Aigoo.. this child" the woman chuckled at the same time she patted the girls head. "Happiness is not all about possesing the thing you want. The only thing you will truly feel happy is when the most precious person in your life is happy too." she explained in a soothing voice then caressed the girl's hair. "What will you feel if Soo Jin snatch away your toys? You will feel sad, right?"
 
"Of course." Min Jin nodded. 
 
"And that would be an awful feeling so you don't want that to happen to you, am I correct?" 
 
"Yeah" she answered and then fell silent, drowned in deep thought. She then wiggled free from the older woman's hug after a while. "I will just go over to Soo Jin's to give this back." she smiled as she showed the rag doll to her aunt. Min Jin ran, leaving her aunt smiling while looking at her.
 
"You really love Min Jin like your own." someone said behind her. She turned around and saw her sun smiling back at her.
 
"Neh... I always see myself in her. Added the fact that she's my best friend's daughter." 
 
"Aigoo... Dara-ah, you're making me cry!" her best friend said as she wiped the tears forming in the corner of her eyes.
 
"You know I love you right, Vic? And having you is the happiest event in my life. Next to having my Jiyong of course." Dara uttered as she smiled and hug Victoria. Soon, she also started to cry herself.
 
"You're really a cry baby, Qian." she teased after a while as she loosened her hug.
 
"You're one to talk. Getting dramatic and all." Victoria chuckled while wiping Dara's tears.
 
"What's happening here?" A man's voice said with his forehead creased. "Why is my baby crying?" he asked at the same time he approached Victoria.
 
"Nothing, Khun." Dara answered. "I just told her that my Jiyongie is way, way, waaaaaaaay more handsome that you then she started crying."
 
"I see. Maybe she cried bcause you're lying." Nichkhun grinned. 
 
"Yah! Yah! I heard that! My jagiya was telling the truth!" Jiyong exclaimed as he hugged Dara and kissed her on the cheeks.
 
Victoria cupped her husband's face to prevent him from answering back. She look intently to his eyes. "I love you. And even if everyone think otherwise, you are the most handsome... kind... and cool male being I know." she said in between her touching Khun's nose with every word.
 
Nichkhun smiled knowingly as his face descended on hers for a sweet kiss.
 
"Jagiya!!! I want that too!" Jiyong loudly said as he points his finger to the kissing couple like a child throwing a tantrum. 
 
"Aish! This giant baby!" Dara placed her hand on his nape and pulled her husband for a kiss.
 
Right then, they knew that they are really home where they truly belong.
 
 
*Flashback* 
 
I was walking slowly along a corridor of a luxurious hotel. Nervousness filled my whole as I shorten my distance to my sun. Today is her wedding day. Yes, with Nichkhun. Today is the day I know he can never be mine. But I came here not to make a scene and snatch the groom away. I am here to feel my sun's light once again, the warmth she provided me before. I miss Victoria terribly every passing day that comes.
 
Reminiscing the times we spent with each other makes me think that all of this is not worth the pain we both feel. I became selfish when all she ever did was to stay on my side. So if it is not too much to ask, I want to be a part of her special day even as a stranger if that was the price I have to pay for turning my back on her. 
 
I stared blankly at the door of the room where she prepares for her big event. I clutched my chest, hoping that it would stop the erratic beating of my heart caused by nervousness. After minutes of hesitating, I  took a deep breath and gently knock on her door. I opened it when I heard Qian's sweet voice telling me to come in. I scanned the place and amidst all the mess, I saw her looking so stunningly beautiful wearing her white tube dress. She stared back at me through the mirror in front of her.
 
Tears rolled to my cheeks as I run towards her and hug her, her back facing me. "I'm so sorry, Qian. For being selfish. For not understanding your happiness. I really miss you. I don't care anymore if he loves you and not me. I realized that our relationship is more important than anything else." I said as my tears continuously flowed. "I'm sorry... Sorry... Sorry..." I cried repeatedly in between sobs. I wanted her to forgive me for my days where so dark ever since I kept my distance to her.
 
My heart crushed into pieces when she freed away from my hug. Maybe I hurt her too much enough for her to hate me forever. She looked at me, her beautiful face void of any emotions. She cupped mine as she smiled a little. "I was never mad at you. You're my best friend remember? You still is. I know you'll come around sooner or later. So you better get dressed for my wedding won't proceed without my maid of honor." she said then winked at me. Victoria then hugged me and whispered to my ear. "God... I miss you so much, D." She loosened her hug and with her tear-stained face, she laugh and wipe my tears.
 
"Aigoo... Are you really sure you want this to proceed? Cause you're ruining my make-up with this crying." she joked. "Hurry up. Khunnie has a hot friend named Jiyong. I bet you will look good together." she winked at me teasingly causing me to blush.
 
__________________________
 
 
"Uhm.." I cleared my throat to ease the nervousness I'm feeling. I took a deep breath as I readied myself to give a message to the newly weds. "Anneoyong everyone." I bowed, facing the rest of the crowd. I scanned the place and smiled when I saw my best friend smiling back at me beside her husband. Like before, her smile had the same effect on me, making all my negative emotions to flew away. "I would like to propose a toast." I raised my wine glass as I look at everybody. I saw the newly wedded couple raising their glasses as well, motioning a toast.
 
"Congratulations to the both of you. I know is this kind of random but I want to tell you a short story about a girl. She used to be a loner, loser. Everyone hated her for she likes to stay on her own dark and sad world. But then, one day, everything changed. That is when a girl bearing a bright smile knocked down the wall she build around herself. And since then, she considered that girl as her best friend, her sister, her sun." My voice became shaky when I said the last word. I pressed my eyes to suppress my tears.
 
"To Nickhun, please take good care of that girl's sun." A sob scaped from me as I continue. "For she's giving you the opportunity to feel the same, if not more, warmth and love she provided to the girl on my story. Don't you dare hurt her in any way possible for I wont think twice. I will dug you're grave myself." I sincerely said in a half-joke, half-threathening voice. I'm willing to do that for Qian. For accepting everything about me, I owe her that much. I saw Nichkhun nod and smile at me, assuring me that hurting Vic is the last thing he will do. VIctoria on the other hand, was crying her eyes out. Aigoo.. She's really a cry baby.
 
"And to my best Friend, Qian," I paused and stared at her intently. "You know I love you right? And I'm happy for you. We've been through so much. The drama, laughter and all." I uttered as I began to tear up myself. I saw Qian covered , preventing herself to cry out loud. I was beginning to become a cry baby myself. "Even though you're already married and you now have Nichkhun with you, just always remember that I'm still here if you need me. I'm still your best friend until forever. Take care of each other. And I'm just a phone call away if you need someone to beat the crap out of Khun for you." I ended as I heard the guests' chuckle. Some are trying to stifle their sobs. 
 
I wiped my tears as I climbed down the stage and there, I saw a blonde hair man looking intently at me with his mouth wide open. I creased my forehead when he didn't break his stare.
 
"Am I dreaming?" I heard him say.
 
"What?"
 
"I said am I dreaming? because I think I saw an angel in front of me." 
 
Thinking that he was just playing a prank on  me, I ignored him and continued walking. 
 
"Wait!" he grabbed my wrist and release it immediately when i sent him a glare. "I- Uhmm- was just wondering if you believe in love at first sight?" he said while rubbing his nape as if ashamed of what he is about to say.
 
"No." I flatly answered. He then turned his back and twist his way to my other side. "What if in second sight?" he asked again while moving his eyebrows up and down, earning a laugh from me. 
 
*END*
 
--------------
 
There it is. Sorry if I made you wait for a while. I was busy with school. Comments please!!! Thanks to those who subscribed already.. :))
 
--tonichua :))