ART CLASS

I Still Love My Kim Jongin

Art was not really a big thing for me, but I always ended up painting good works and placed them school galleries. The school praised me for what I have and what I do. There's nothing special in art class to be honest. Just paint, sketch and other s and it was getting so annoying. That was the time when I first met Jongin. It was the third month when he enrolled to the course. Everyone laughed at him when he was the "ugliest" student ever enrolled in the school. His face made me only chuckle because of this coconut shell hair plus his bangs, and his nerdy glasses. Wow, he was a geek!

The guy had no friends, even in his social media account, just his family and some other friends from his province. Well, they looked like him. Majority of the students were rich and some bully the average class for befriending a guy or girl who was like Jongin. A shorty, nerd and a low class. Jongin was a scholar back then, and he received lots of commissions and earned money from illustrations to house cleaning. 

I looked at him as he sat beside me and he doesn't bother me, really. He doesn't smell bad but he smell like cinnamon. It's almost like his natural scent, and it's good, I love cinnamon. After art class, Jongin stayed still on his seat and had started to cry like a manly child. We were alone in the room and no one else could cheer him up but me, so I quietly rubbed his back and said some cheerful words like "let's eat ice cream." That was... not a good cheering phrase but he looked at me and rubed his eyes. "Ice cream?" he said. I smiled and nodded at him. "I'm Kyungsoo, in case you don't know." 

"Oh yeah! You're Kyungsoo! I saw your works in the gallery! Oh my gosh, I feel so honored." Jongin grinned and hugged me tight. 

I'm Kyungsoo, some super white student. They call me "squishy cheeks" and "shorty". I belong to the higher class and I didn't give a damn to those other high-class who judged me for befriending a scholar. 

Jongin and I went out together to the lockers and three high-class girls walked to us and glared at Jongin. They were the tallest among the class, and they have slushies in their fists. I knew what was going to happen and so I stood in front of scholar. "Yah!" I raised my voice at them. The girls threw their slushies at me and laughed, walking away. The other students witnessed and they didn't even laugh. I groaned and looked at myself. "Ugh~ Parents didn't raise them well." I shook my hands getting rid of the liquid that was slowly getting sticky. Jongin pulled me to the bathroom and grabbed his spare towel and helped me clean.

"Thank you Jongin." I thanked him with less emotion, looking at him through the mirror. He looked back and smiled a bit. 

"No, thank you. I think you're the only friend that I really have here. I don't sense your annoyance towards me and I guess, we should go along  everyday if you want." he smiled widely at me. 

Gosh, this guy, his hideous smile made me want to hug him but, we just met, so I had to get to know him first of all. "Hm, you're welcome. I can be a little choosy at making friends but now, I think I'm getting comfortable with you, I had this friend, Baekhyun and we were best friends."

"Were?" he stopped wiping my hand.

"Well, he told me he was gay and I was okay with it. He started dating this drummer, Chanyeol-sunbae and Baekhyun stopped talking to me so I ended up our friendship. I'm a little bitter you know." 

We chuckled in the bathroom, Jongin gave me his spare clothes and went inside the cubicle to change. "I'll wait for you in the art studio!" he said and heard the door open then close. I walked along the corridors and noticed that it was already dark and I still have to meet with Jongin in the studio, where I sometimes live. I went in and saw the hideous Jongin, painting. Painting a beautiful scenery, I clapped walking towards him and smiled. "You really have a great talent at this."

"Thank you and thank you. You're my inspiration." he laughed and smeared green paint of my cheek, I laughed too.

"Well thank you, I can still teach you some techniques if you want."

"Please?"

"Hm, of course." I smiled at him and unconsciously hugged him for no reason, yet he didn't bother to hug back too.