chp 9

I won't say I'm weird

Yui wasn't sure how she felt then. She just got chosen for a singing competition and she knew it was a prestigious event. Everyone complemented and hugged her. Yui, on the other hand, was not so sure she would be able to win. Everyone placed their hopes on her, and she was afraid she couldnot meet their expectations.

"I am not sure. I mean, I was chosen and.. I am supposed to do well. What if, just what if, I lose?"

"What? You haven't even competed and you lost already?" Yiru looked at her blankly while munching some biscuits. "That's strange."

"I said what if!"

"You lost your confidence no?"

Yui found herself staring at her carefree face that was still munching the biscuits.

"If you don't believe in yourself, you shouldn't have joined this the very first time-"

"I was chosen alright! It is not what I wished for!"

"Then reject the offer."

"It is ... a prestigious competition you know."

"So?"

"And.. I .. reject it?"

"So that you will not feel burdened anymore."

"But what will people say if I reject-"

"Why do you care so much about others? You are too kind but let me tell you, that is not healthy."

"You say it very easily but will you be able to do that if you are in my position?" Yui was glaring at her by then.

"Probably yeah." She grabbed another handful of biscuits and threw them into .

"As if you will be able to! Stop acting like this is not a problem at all!"

"It is not, actually. You are chosen, which means they believe you are able to do it, you have a great voice, and thus you can win. But then you dont believe in yourself, which means you think your voice is bad and you cannot win. And what is the solution for this? Reject it. Let another person win. That's all."

Yui was left speechless and she kept opening but no words came out. Finally she was only able to utter these four words and dashed to her room.

"You are so annoying."