001

The Exchange Student
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Many things run through my mind as I step off the plane. I'm in Korea. I'll be living in Korea. I'll be going to school here too. So many new things will be happening to me at once and I'm not sure if I can handle them all. My eyes scanned the crowd of people waiting for family and friends or in my case, my student exchange family. I'll be staying with a family here in Seoul and also going to school. I hope they'll like me. When my school placed me with this family I found out that they had a son. Maybe he'll show me around.

I continued to look until I found someone holding my name on a sign. I walked over to the person and introduced myself. "Annyeonghaseyo." I say trying my hardest not to mispronounce the word for hello in Korean. The person looks up and smiles. "Hey, you're Angela right?" He asks. His English is fluent and suddenly I feel stupid for even trying to speak Korean. "Uh, yes that's me." "I'm Kai, nice to meet you Angela. Let me help you with your bags and I'll take you home."

I let Kai grab my luggage and he leads me out of the busy airport. As we walk out, Kai's back is facing towards me which gives me a lot of time to think. He seems like a nice person. He didn't even make fun of my failed attempt at Korean.

We get to his car and he placed my stuff in the car. We started driving off. "So I'm assuming that you're the Kim's son." I say. He nods while keeping his eyes on the road. "Ya. Their only son." He grins a little. I can't help but stare at his smile. He's really a beautiful person. His blondish/grey hair is pushed back on his head which shows off his perfect jawline. He has unusually tan skin for a Korean but it suits him well. I think that makes him look hot.

Angela, what the hell are you thinking? You just met the guy. You know nothing about him and he's knows nothing about you. You came to Korea to get an education not a boyfriend.

"We're here." Kai says taking me out of my little world. I smile and follow him into the very large mansion. "Wow. Your house is amazing." I breath out when we step into the foyer. Kai chuckled as he tosses the keys on a side table.

"Ya. It's okay. I'll show you to your room." Without saying anything else Kai grabs my hand in his and pulls me up the stairs. I am shocked at his simple gesture because of the feeling of his warm hand around mine. It felt nice but I would never admit that.

"Here's your room. Hope you like it." He pulled me into a room. It was huge with a queen size bed right in the middle. A fat screen tv across the room on the wall and a connecting washroom.

"Oh gosh. This is really nice. Thank you." I awkwardly run my fingers through my newly dyed purple hair. Kai smiles before bowing. "Well I'll let you get settled. If you need anything I'll be downstairs with a couple of my friends." I watch as Kai leaves the room. Once the door is closed I jump onto the bed and let myself relax. I think coming to Korea was the best decision of my life.

Kai's POV

I can't

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter