Three

A Year With Rap Monster

Rap Monster's POV

I walked away from Yoonji but I knew something about her was different from all of the other girls I've met. She didn't even give me the look when girls see me for the first time. It was like I was nothing to her. Like I was just some person she just stumbled upon. Most girls either get nervous around me or they go crazy when I'm around, like the Hyees. What I didn't understand is when she gave me my papers back, she looked me directly in the eyes. She didn't show any emotion at all. I can usually read people's eyes but her... It was different.

I went from hallway to hallway trying to find my group. Then I found them in the yard where it was closed. We usually go there because we get peace and quiet unlike when we're in a public place. I hopped the fence and walked normally to them. I didn't know how to explain why I did what I did with Yoonji and the Hyees. 

"Namjoon! Welcome back from saving the new girl," Jin said.

"HA HA. Very funny," I said. "How did you even find out?"

"Um, you told us that you were going to buy flowers from the bathroom! You always say some dumb stuff when you're thinking about something important to you. Sooooo we decided to follow you," Jungkook happily said with a big smile.

"Why did you save her in the first place?" V asked.

"Because I wanted to," I simply said.

"Ohhhhh! Kim Namjoon, the master of rapping or the master of saving people's lives from the Hyees?" Suga taunted.

The guys started to laugh hysterically but I kept a straight face. I had nothing to feel embarrassed about. I made a choice, and it was my decision to help out the new kid in school. I just don't know if I'll do it again. 

"Okay. That's enough laughing," J-Hope said. "After all, he did save us from getting detention a couple days ago."

I chuckled, but then I shrugged. I caught them trying to shoplift the school's cafe because the workers were "being mean" to them. So I walked in on them with pillow cases full of muffins, coffee powder, and bananas. They're the real deal alright... Not. When we were arguing, we started to hear a conversation that kept getting louder and louder. I told them where to hide and they did exactly as I said. I looked around and hid behind the counter. The principal and his wife walked in but left right after they started getting ual. 

I didn't really save them but if that excuse will get them to shut up, then might as well. The bell rung again which meant it was time to go home. I grabbed my bag to hop the fence again, but something caught me off guard. Right in front of me was Yoonji with a guy in the back of the school. I hid behind a bush and watched them from afar, yet I can hear them perfectly.

"Yoonji... I know you just got to Seoul High... But I was wondering if... if..." the boy said.

"Sorry. I'm not interested," Yoonji simply stated. "I didn't come here because I wanted to. I'm just taking the advantage to get a better education so I can reach my goals for maintaining my own house."

Yoonji then walked away leaving the boy speechless. I was impressed. She rejected him but it was that kind of rejection that you would want if you were ever in that position. When I reject the girl, I just tell them to get lost or that they should stop stalking me like everybody else. Then the girl starts crying and I have to act like I don't care. I have to pretend like I was never rejected. Like I'm the most perfect guy out of everyone, even to my friends.

I was rejected multiple times, but by one girl I was deeply in love with. Her name was Choi Nayoung but everyone called her Nana. She was the nicest girl anyone could ever meet. I started talking to her after we were paired up to sit next to each other. Everyday for that one school year I would talk to her. Each and everyday my feelings grew for her. Then I started asking her out to dates, but every single attempt she rejected me. I remember I cried like a little baby the first time I got rejected by her. Good ol' times. But then I found out that she was in love with some guy and they eventually got together. My first love was ruined by a one-sided love.

"What are you doing?" I heard. I snapped out of my flashbacks and looked up. The voice belonged to Yoonji. "I said what are you doing?"

"I was spying on you," I said. 

"Spying, huh? Great to know that a guy has feelings for me and I have a stalker already. Seoul High is full of unpredictable things," she said and walked away.

She called me a stalker... I see. Even thought I was here first, I'm the stalker. It's okay though. I quickly left the area with BTS and went to the more opened areas like the front of the school. The worst part about girls loving you so much is that you get no break from them. They're always watching, but we found an area where no girl has access to... Well not including Yoonji.

"Yoonji is pretty hot," Suga said.

Then the guys started agreeing with Suga's ert self. Only they would care if a girl was hot or not. I, on the other hand, chose to not get too close to girls. I carry the painful memories of Nana with me everyday which help me not to fall into the girls' traps of beauty. I was so deep in my thoughts again that I walked into a wall. I cursed at myself for not paying attention.

"Namjoon? You okay, hyung?" Jungkook asked.

"I'm fine. Just give me space," I said.

"You sure have been distracted today, hyung. What's on your mind?" Jimin asked.

"Nothing."

"Whatever you say," Jin said before walking to his locker. 

I stood up but I didn't care if anyone was watching. I just wanted to go home and eat some ramen. I went to my locker and grabbed a textbook. When I closed my locker, Hyerim, Hyeja, and Hyewon's faces showed up right before my eyes. They looked at me with puppy eyes. I knew what they were doing, but it doesn't work on me. After the millionth time they've done that, they still think that ugly face would work on me. They should know better.

"Get lost," I said.

"Oppa!" whined Hyerim. "I'm sorry I got into your personal business earlier."

"Me too!" Hyeja said.

"Me three!" Hyewon said. "But mostly Hyerim because she did all the talking."

"YAH!" Hyerim yelled at Hyewon. She looked back at me with the puppy eyes.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance, "I said get lost. What part do you not understand?"

"But oppa-"

"He said get lost," I heard. I looked behind me, and saw J-Hope and the guys.

"Rap Monster does not like either one of you, so why don't you s leave him alone ?" V said.

"I'm not in love with Rap Monster oppa! I'm in love with you, V oppa!" Hyewon claimed.

"Get out. Just leave," V said before walking in back of the guys.

"Jimin oppa!" Hyeja yelled. "I love you!"

"Oh give me a break," Jimin said under his breath.

"You girls are getting annoying. Get out of sights," Jungkook said.

Hyerim walked up to me, "You know you want some of thi-"

Her words were cut short when Hyewon grabbed her. Then the Hyees just went away like that. I looked in back of me but I only saw the guys. I didn't understand why they left now when I know they were going to put up a fight. It was so bizarre, but I was thankful their presence was gone. I started to relax on the floor with the guys. They started gossiping about what happened and why it happened. I didn't really pay attention to what they were saying because now I wanted to sleep.

I got up and said my goodbyes to them. I headed home as planned. As I was walking in my neighborhood, I saw a girl walk inside one of the houses. The girl looked just like Jung Yoonji, but I couldn't be sure. As I got closer to the house, I looked through the window and saw Yoonji taking a picture of a plant outside of her house. I guess I know where she lives now... But was this good to know on accident? 

I walked faster until I ended up at my house a block away. I set my bag on the floor and laid my body on the couch. It was quiet, just how I liked it. I was all alone with my thoughts. And when I mean alone, I meant it. I don't live with my parents. They live in Singapore because they thought it would be better to live over there all of a sudden. I chose to stay behind because I had no reason to leave Seoul. So my parents had no choice but to leave me here. They do pay for the house and give me money so buy food. But sometimes I wished my family wasn't all about money. Maybe we would have been together and be happy to live with each other. But that'll never happen.

I went on my computer and started searching stuff about Damyang. They had a Princess Festival there which happens in different locations of the world. I clicked the last years pictures and was shocked at what I found. 

"Jung Yoonji. Princess Damyang of 2013," I repeated the caption of the photo.

Then I typed in Yoonji's name. Man if I knew how famous she was in Damyang, I think her popularity would have beaten mine. Not only was she crowned Princess Damyang, she won the math-a-lon, an essay contest, and was voted most likely to succeed in life. I then found a picture of her old house. I didn't believe it. The house was runned down. It had broken stairs and dead grass. I didn't understand.

"How could she live in that house when she lives in a nice neighborhood here?" I asked myself.

But then again, why do I even care? She means nothing to me. She's just a girl that bumped into me today and started her first day at Seoul High. I laid on my bed and stared at the ceiling. I started to think about cars and music. But Yoonji would always cross my mind. I didn't like it. I wanted to think of something else but I couldn't get her out of my mind. 

All I could think about is how she's so different compared to all the girls in school. She's not cocky like the Hyees and doesn't tru to get anyone's attention but her own. She only focuses on herself and not others. She didn't seem interested in having a friend either which is odd for a new student. Most new students try to make as many friends as possible, but not Yoonji. She prefers books over everything.

But I might be wrong since is the first time I've seen her. She was popular at her old town, so she might have had a lot of boyfriends or something. Yet I could still be wrong... She's such a mysterious person.