Ch 1

My Answer

It was the middle of winter in London which meant grey skies, never-ending rain and random snowfalls. Byun Hana was on her way home from the coffee shop around the corner; hood up, umbrella in her right hand, her peppermint latte in her left. It was a daily routine for her, she was a writer thus a daily cup of coffee was her writer’s fuel. She climbed the cobble stone steps up to her front door where she was greeted by a white envelope embossed with a silver, floral design. What made her heart sink was the Korean script addressed to her.

She was born to a wealthy family in South Korea. Her father was the CEO of the leading News/Journalism Agency and she was the heir to her Father’s empire. However, Hana was a free spirit. She didn’t want money or fame and she didn’t like the idea of having to take over her Father’s company. It was why she moved to London the first chance she got; to escape her bleak future and seek life in the beauty of London. She has written many novels, most of them romance novels but she had a go at a crime novel. It was her best seller.

The fact that the envelope, clearly from Korea, found her doorstep, means that she had not escaped the clutches of her past and her future as CEO of Korea National News was inevitable.   

With a heavy sigh she picked up the envelope, tucking it under her arm while she shook the rain droplets out of her umbrella. Once she was inside she placed the envelope on her kitchen and took a sip of her latte. It had been three years since she had moved to London, and three years since she had any contact with her family or any other Korean in fact.

She picked up the envelope, examining the dainty embossment. She slowly peeled the seal and tipped it upside down so that its contents fell onto the counter.

She picked up the biggest piece of paper and read the inscription.

“You are hereby invited to the joining of Byun Hana and Oh Sehun”

Hana’s eyes widened.

“What the heck?” she flipped the page over.

It was an invitation… to her own wedding.