chapter three.

Antithesis
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Once she came about her debut, the company would polish their new cash cows up until there was no chink in their armors. They recreated her figure, although the mass thought much of her no sweat abs at all times—they would never know the dirty secrets she had been concealing until these days.  What if she told them everything to their faces? That there was no such thing as ‘natural’ entity in the very beginning. All she had to do is not far from starving herself to death and what SM stepped in to later on is putting the scenario in writing. And people still suppose she is living her life healthily, despite her loss of consciousness on the stage wasn’t few and far between anymore.

Believe it or not, idol was created faultlessly. She wasn’t sure at first if the intention was to bring a new god or goddess into being, but she was pretty damn sure none of the fans would want to look up to someone whose parent was hospitalized and diagnosed with such death-dealing disease. As much as SM wanted Krystal to become their too good to be true creation, they once again settled on her background story to be almost identical with a princess’ who was born and raised in the royal castle. And the least ing thing she expected ftom SM was to disguise as her knight in shining armor.

“It’s okay, my dear Soojung. I’m sorry for only gulping my medicines down while my two daughters are the ones who pay for them. I’m sorry for letting you cope with everything you shouldn’t have while I’m lying down here in poor health. And lastly, I’m sorry for being the old man you can’t rely on. I truly am.”

My dear Soojung… It took less than a second until the warmth rolled down her cheeks, dampening them. If the world was curious about the man behind the gold genes the Jung Sisters have, they had no idea that the man himself was a bald-headed and pale-skinned man who was living on borrowed time. She thought, only the breeze that would dry her tears up. But she was wrong; it was his father’s thumb that wiped her tears off in her place. Ever since that day, she promised to herself, she wouldn’t let her father see her crying face again. Because he had never shown his tear by any means.

“Here’s your lunch!” Krystal said happily, setting down the lunchbox she packed and put the hospital food aside. Her father always had an aversion to the food they served here and preferred the Korean dish Krystal could get at the nearby restaurant to it. Even though it was fairly harder to find one in the midst of LA metropolitan area.

“And you think I could chow it down on my own? What a terrible father I am! Didn’t I tell you to grab two?” Her father expressed his worry; he looked up and down Krystal and realized how his daughter looked like a bag of bones than the last time they met. Anyone who made her this way should get down on his or her knees as soon as Mr. Jung got back on his feet.

“Ah, you did?”

“Guaranteed.”

There was a reason in any case for her to fail to remember, even it was the simplest task to do and her father would call her a senile afterwards. She intentionally forgot the last thing her father always wrote down on his list. Like, we always place the needs of little importance at the bottom of the list and that’s what she thought of. So that she had another reason to pop in to her father’s room again.

“I think you should leave before the nurse caught you like yesterday.” Her father said, patting her shoulder many a time and lastly squeezing it before allowing her to leave. Rules are still rules after all, the nurse had been tired enough to deal with caring for the entire patients and then came Mr. Jung and his unruly daughter.

Owing to the fact that there is no father in this world would wish only the worst for his daughter. Even though he was in pain, Krystal didn’t need to go through the pain he was bearing because she had it all on her little shoulders already. Her return to the States had brought him enough joy to cherish by now. Rather than spending her precious time with an old man on his deathbed, he wanted her daughter to get a kick out of every good thing she deserves outside t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter