Mr. Gorgeous

Mr. Gorgeous

            Key woke up with a yawn and stretched out his limbs like a cat. He rubbed the sleep out of his eyes with the back of his hands and sat up in bed. He wandered into the bathroom and quickly showered and brushed his teeth before heading back to his room to pick out his outfit for the day. The blonde boy grabbed a loose fitting black V-neck shirt and ripped black skinny jeans since he had to work and was required to all black. But Key was never quite satisfied with ‘simple’ so he picked a bold red leather jacket and a few accessories to pull his outfit together.

            He made his way back to the bathroom after getting dressed and began styling his hair and doing his make up to make sure he looked perfect before heading to work. For the past two weeks Kibum had noticed the same boy coming to the shop every day, and today he was determined to talk to him.

            Key arrived at the small coffee shop he had been working at for almost a year now. He went into the back and put traded his jacket for his apron and headed out to begin opening up.

 

*****

 

            Three hours into Key’s shift the boy he had been waiting for came into the shop. He had one hand in the pockets of his designer jeans and was wearing a blue V-neck under a simple black jacket. Key’s eyes traveled up to his face, taking in his sharp jawline and fluffy white hair before handing the costumer in front of him their coffee.

            Mr. Gorgeous, as Kibum had taken to calling him, stepped up to the front of the line and gave Kibum a breathtaking grin before ordering his usual. Kibum’s face tinted pink as he nodded and went to get him the drink.

            “Here you go,” The barista said as he handed over the drink and accepted the money, disappointed when their hands didn’t touch.

            “Thanks,” Mr. Gorgeous said, an expression that resembled a puppy on his face.

            “No problem,” Kibum replied with an easy smile, a faint blush still painting his feature as he watched the boy walk away and internally groaned. I’ll talk to him tomorrow then.

 

*****

 

            Three more weeks passed and Key failed to make any progress. “He’s just so beautiful I can’t focus on forming words,” Kibum whined as he and his best friend Taemin walked through the mall. Key had finally talked the younger boy into coming shopping with him to help him find a y (and work friendly) outfit to wow Mr. Gorgeous.

            “How do you know he’s even into guys?” Taemin asked and Key rolled his eyes.

            “Don’t you know that I can turn even the straightest guys gay?” Kibum questioned like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

            “Right, right. How could I forget?” Taemin asked sarcastically, not noticing that Kibum had stopped dead in his tracks.

            “We’re going in there,” Key stated as he began to walk over to what, in Taemin’s opinion, was the most revoltingly pink store he had ever seen. Taemin trailed after the older boy who walked in a trance-like state towards the store and started quickly searching through the racks.

            Two hours later Kibum was in the change room, accompanied by a mountain of clothes. He was currently dressed in a black low-cut tank top with a sheer back and a pair of black jeans with large rips all the way up to almost the top of his thighs on the front and back that were tighter than any other pants he owned. He was admiring his in the mirror when Taemin called him to come out.

            “What do you think?” Key asked when he stepped out of the room and saw Taemin.

            “I think you look amazing,” a voice that Kibum recognized immediately came from behind him. Key spun around and saw Mr. Gorgeous standing there, a lopsided grin on his lips.

            “It’s you!” Key exclaimed, blushing as his voice was an octave or two higher than usual, causing the other boy to chuckle.

            “You’re Kibum, right?” he asked and Key nodded. “My name is Jonghyun.”

            “I-It’s nice to meet you, Jonghyun,” Kibum said, a smile forming on his lips when he said the name. Now he didn’t have to call him Mr. Gorgeous in his head anymore.

            “I don’t want to seem like a creeper or anything like that, but I’ve been going to that café you work at to try to get up the nerve to talk to you for a few weeks now,” Jonghyun nervously said, a slight blush on his cheeks as he rubbed the back of his neck.

            “R-really?” Kibum asked, so shocked by this new revelation that he forgot Taemin was there.

            Jonghyun nodded before continuing, “S-So I was wondering if you have plans tonight?”

            “No!” Kibum responded quickly, his face turning bright red when he realized how over-eager he sounded and Jonghyun chuckled again.

            “Well now you do.” Jonghyun gently reached out and held the side of Kibum’s face before leaning in and placing a chaste kiss on Kibum’s lips. “I’ll pick you up from the café at 7:00.” And with that he walked out of the store, leaving a very flustered Key behind.

            “So are you going to buy that?” Taemin asked, smirking at the red faced Key.

            “Of course,” Kibum replied and rushed to go pay.