11 | a warm, fluffy sensation

2nd Lead Syndrome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

| Minjeong

6:00 a.m.

Looking around the field while covering my mouth to yawn, I sat quietly with my fellow track and field athletes on the side away from our classmates. We were exempted from training today since we had P.E. classes with the other four classrooms.

Our coach was explaining something to the crowd of students seated on the grass, and I just couldn't understand a thing due to how I didn't get much sleep after reading the newly updated chapters in the app.

Yawning once more, I directed my gaze on the four main characters. Seeing them wakes me up a little bit at least. After all, it's been two days since I've seen them.

When I tiredly blinked and instinctively looked at my favorite character who gave me a small wave the second she noticed, and saw that percentage hovering over her head... I froze for a second and quickly rubbed my eyes.

It was to check if I was seeing things right.

I started laughing crazily inside of my head.

Hahahahaha...haha...hahh...

Hahaha.

Hahh...

...

WHAT HAPPENED?!

Utterly confused, the 50% hovering over Jimin's head instantly pushed away the sleepiness I felt. What in the world happened overnight that caused THAT? I couldn't help but panic inside my thoughts as I glanced at Jimin who appeared to be focused on coach's lesson.

...at least her happiness meter is halfway there to 100%.

Maybe the exit to this world would open if that happened?

Honestly, I can't wait for that to happen... I miss my sister and those two idiots.

It didn't take long for our coach to finish his lesson and later talked about today's activity of simple exercises and running around the track three times. This task would be easy for me... well, if it weren't for him telling us to group ourselves into two!

By then, everyone on the field began to spread out, grouping themselves into pairs. I was going to ask Ryujin to pair up with me, but she didn't even hesitate to stand up and run toward Class B where she asked the girl we met in the library if they could pair up.

Goddamn... she's seriously the only friend the Kim Minjeong in this world has.

I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

As I pondered this, I stood up and stretched my arms. Amidst the bustling crowd of students scrambling to find partners, I noticed a figure approaching me. The sensation of numerous eyes fixed on both of us was unavoidable.

Because of the gazes she was gathering, of course, I knew it was Jimin.

"Partner with me."

That sounded more like a command rather than a request.

With a snicker, I tucked my hands into my track jacket's pockets. "You're not going to ask? I thought you were going to ask your friends."

"Yizhuo already asked Aeri."

Woah, that's not supposed to happen.

"And Junwoo?"

Jimin raised a brow, "That's not allowed."

"Eh, why?"

"You weren't listening, huh...? And I think it's common sense why it's not allowed, Minjeong." Jimin clears , "Anyway, you've got no other choice. You're the only one I'm closest with among our classmates and I feel comfortable talking to you."

"Ahh..."

"Oh, and you have a weird gray smudge on the side of your glasses."

Jimin pointed at a smudge on my glasses, prompting me to take them off for cleaning. I tried wiping it away with my sleeves, but it wasn't going away. Frustrated, I sighed, deciding it wasn't worth looking stupid wearing them with a mark like that.

"Psst, look over there! Was there ever someone that pretty in our school?!"

"Damn... I don't know."

"Guys, I think I have a new crush."

"Do you think she has a partner already?"

Suddenly, I heard four nearby students talking to each other in hushed voices. Don't they know we can hear them from here? I sighed again while thinking about it—they're probably talking about Jimin-

"Let me have a try."

Out of nowhere, Jimin swiftly snatched the glasses from my hand and began wiping them with the wet wipes she took out from her pocket. She looked like she was in a rush, which got me a little confused.

But hey, at least she succeeded in removing that stupid smudge!

"Oh, thank-"

Before I could finish my words, Jimin went ahead to put the glasses on me, causing me to shrink to the suddenness and look at her confusedly. Then, as if nothing happened, she turned around and told me to quickly follow her if I didn't want to finish last in the activity we had.

Weird...

As soon as we listed our names together to the coach so we could pair up, Jimin glanced at the paper provided, which outlined all the exercises we were supposed to do. If we completed them, we had to report back to the coach, take a rest, and then change back into our uniforms.

"Hmm, this should be easy for you, right? Ms. Athlete." Jimin handed me the paper as she began to tie her hair up into a ponytail, "I'll be in your care."

Looking at her- Holy ... It was quite a sight. This was the first time I had seen her with her hair tied up like that in person. The fangirl instinct in me wanted to burst out and shower her with compliments about how stunning she looked!

*Cough.*

Anyway, we both didn't want to be one of the last ones to finish, so we immediately started with the simple exercises before beginning to run around the track. I ran beside her and matched her pace when she glanced at me and told me to go ahead and finish before her.

"Nah, I'm not going to leave you."

Jimin didn't speak and only hummed in response.

Frankly, I would've done that, but I'm kinda expecting something important to happen in the storyline. Right now, I'm about to experience MGIL's chapter twelve, where today marks one of Aeri's crucial scenarios that'll advance her relationship with Junwoo.

Although in the original storyline, she would be paired up with Jimin instead of Yizhuo, I hope the story will still progress as it has been, with only minor changes appearing in the app day after day.

Hmm, I wonder... How can I get her close to Aeri after finishing our laps?

Maybe I could force the story to get back on track!

This morning's scenario would be about Junwoo saving Aeri from getting hit by an incoming baseball, catching it with his bare hands. It's cliché, I know, but it's a moment that lessens the distance between them.

As for Jimin, who was supposed to be paired with Aeri, she'll become jealous and watch the two main characters interact with an aching heart... Ugh, thinking about it makes me feel guilty now that I'm getting closer to her unintentionally.

Not that I'm against it. Rather, I just want to be carefu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter