12 | who knew the rain could be sweet?

2nd Lead Syndrome
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

10:00 p.m.

No one was home today, and I hadn't eaten dinner yet since I fell asleep as soon as I arrived home. It was an exhausting day, made even more so whenever my mind drifted to think about the scenario I accidentally stole from Junwoo.

Just like that scenario, it followed the original storyline but with me in the picture. Fortunately, since that wasn't supposed to happen until between chapters twenty-five to thirty, I was safe from the app generating another chapter with me included.

And then there's Jimin... Perhaps because I was a girl, the romantic moments that were intended to happen in that scenario were replaced with a kind, caring, and heartfelt atmosphere. After planting a kiss on my wrist, Jimin opened up to me about how I reminded her of her cousin, who was such a klutz and would often get herself hurt.

Of course, I already knew what she was talking about. Although I didn't expect the storyline to progress Jimin's path so quickly, it was a positive development. This scenario would help shape her personality, making her more open to those close to her and encouraging her to avoid keeping most of her problems to herself.

Then, that means... the possibility of her experiencing chapter twenty-two would be avoided!

Honestly, I regret writing and drawing that chapter. It was meant to make Junwoo more desirable and wholesome to the readers, but I had to make Jimin relive a traumatic incident similar to how her cousin died, and it brought back that trauma for her.

Huh, could this be one of the scenes the app is telling me to rewrite and make her happier...?

I pondered about it and grabbed an umbrella from the stand beside our house's entrance. It's raining today, and oddly, hearing it pitter-patter sounds soothing.

My tummy just grumbled and it's about time I eat something before it starts hurting.

Since I was alone at home and too lazy to cook, with only eggs in the fridge, I decided to head to the convenience store for a meal. It was a ten-minute walk from our house.

I would've taken Kim Minjeong's motorbike but it's still raining and it looks like it won't be going away soon. Even though there weren't any important scenarios that would happen tomorrow or the next few days, I didn't want to risk getting sick and falling behind in classes!

Yizhuo would kill me if I missed our once-in-a-week tutoring session.

I'm the only one who knows and got exposed to how scary her personality could shift at the moment—I'm sure Junwoo would become the next to witness that as soon as chapter fifteen occurs where Yizhuo would snap at him for unintentionally making Aeri cry.

Ahh... she's scary but becomes a softie around Aeri.

As soon as I arrived at the convenience store and grabbed three cups of noodles, ice cream, and yogurt, I paid for them immediately and dashed out. I was starving! In fact, I couldn't resist tearing open the ice cream cone I'd just bought right then and there as I walked.

Ice cream on a rainy, cold day? Honestly, I think that's the best time to indulge in it... it kind of reminds me of that moment when Jimin and I shared ice cream at school.

I still don't like matcha though.

Smiling at the memory, I savored the sweetness of my cone while navigating through the strengthening rain, clutching my umbrella firmly. It only took me a few minutes to finish the ice cream.

As I walked, there was a bridge I had to pass. There, I spotted a solitary figure perched on its concrete railings, rain-drenched and unmistakably female, given the way her long hair clung to her. Despite the dim light from nearby street lamps, I could tell she was around my age as I narrowed my eyes to make out her features.

I got worried because it looked like she was going to jump into the strong river under the bridge. I mean, why the hell would someone stand on the edge like that? Moreover, in the middle of a heavy rain!

As those thoughts rampaged into my head like a minigun, I pursed my lips and didn't hesitate to quietly approach her. I made sure to make my presence known by coughing, careful not to startle her as it could accidentally make her slip and fall off.

"Isn't it dangerous to stand there in this weather?" I asked softly, loud enough for her to hear over the rain.

For a while, the girl didn't respond and remained rooted in place. I stayed put, waiting for her to turn around. When she finally did, I did my best not to overreact as I realized it was none other than Aeri.

It felt ominous... Why? Because something like this never happened in the webtoon, especially coupled with the bruise on the corner of her lips.

...What the hell?

Seeing her this lifeless as if the whole world was turning against her, caused something in my heart to ache. I feel like the air inside my lungs had been out all of a sudden. Usually, Aeri would have a smile on her face, but this time, it was beyond strange, even for me a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter