Perry County

Mist and Dew
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wet bushes brushed violently on to my body as I ran hurriedly into the dense forest of Rose Creek Mountain. I navigated hastily in the dark, barely balancing myself in the rocky and muddy soil.

The rain seemed to slow down. I wanted to stop. However, I am too afraid to. I tried to find a safe place to hide but the tall trees are blocking what bare light the sky could ever provide. I thought that the load scratching noise from my parka rubbing into the branches would catch what ever thing was chasing us.

Yes, Us.

I was dragged into this mess. I didn’t want to be here in the first place.

Three days ago, I was asked by a group of my friends and gave into peer pressure in joining a forest trekking and camping. My parents were out of town and my friends figured out a way to get me out of the house by constantly knocking at my door and letting themselves in. At this point, I don’t understand why I tolerate such behavior. However, I really don’t have much friends to start with.

They said it was just a one-day camping and trekking trip. They wanted to debunk the stories circling around about Rose Creek Mountain. Stories like it was a haven of witches and some kind of ritualistic pagan location.  

I live in a small city called Adona in Perry County. I go to Perryville Highschool and I am currently in my 4th year of high school. Adona is, I would say, a fairly small city. Due to the vast forest that surrounded us, the town prospered due to our timber industry which led me to my current predicament.

I knew I was not alone. I could hear footsteps but I was too scared to even try

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter