Chapter 3

My Annoying Demon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Outrage fueled by jealousy, the demon lord’s restrictions to Karina’s powers snaps and crumbles in to dusts. As waves of dark and cursed energy seeps from the underworld to the mortal realm. Even some demons in their realm felt the surface tremble as Karina claims back her powers as she transforms into her true form, with an appearance that would render any human speechless.

 

As Karina towers over Winter, gritting her fanged tooth as she asks her “You’ve mated with other people?”

 

Winter quivers before her, Karina’s voice is laced with imminent fury. The demon’s pitch black eyes staring daggers into her own hazel ones. As fear creeps in to her whole being, tears start form in her eyes.

 

The blonde doctor manages to raise both her arms up and covers herself, in a futile attempt to shield herself from the demon before her, “P-please don’t h-hurt me…” she sobs as she began to plead for her life.

 

Winter’s weak and deteriorating voice snaps Karina out from her malevolent trance. She tries to get a hold the doctor but Winter just flinches when she tries to reach her hand out.

 

The human is completely repulsed by the demon’s appearance and behavior. Not wanting to distress her mate even further, Karina turns back to her previous form. An appearance that candidly resembles the humans.

 

“My Lady, I apologize for the crude display” Karina speaks, voice calmer this time but shame is evident.

 

Seeing Karina back to her non-threatening form does not help dissipate Winter’s apprehensiveness. “Please…” she continues to sob, she doesn’t even know what she’s pleading for anymore, she just wants to calm down.

 

Karina carefully tread near her, “I won’t hurt you, I promise” she assures Winter as she begins to wrap her arms around her.

 

Feeling sturdy arms supporting her, Winter breaks down even more. Poor human was just overwhelmed.

 

Vulnerability is a foreign concept to Karina, and even though she lacks any empathy, she’s desperate to soothe her mate’s worry down. So she just lets her cry until she passes out.

 

With ease, the demon carries Winter to her bed. She stands at the edge as she watches the human curls down and eases up in the comforts of her sheets.

 

Karina contemplates as Winter began to drift asleep. Shame takes over her —her has long been forgotten, as seeing your mate cry because of you is worse than blue balls.

 

She had finally met the mate she’s been looking for yet she had caused the latter so much aguish, that she cries herself to sleep in exhaustion.

 

“She is a human…” Karina says to no one but herself. It finally dawns to her as she watches Winter’s weak figure. They are from two different worlds, she’s waited long enough for her mate, and now that she’s here she think she could wait a little longer and be patient, Winter will submit to her.

 

She just have get used to the demon, that’s all. Simple right? Right…?

 

Karina reckons she needs help. She summons her side kick Ningning —although this time, Karina doesn’t need to physically draw a magic circle. With just sheer thought a red magic circle appears to the wall before her.

 

“Lady Karina” Ningning curtseys before the royal demon.

 

“I found her” Karina simply says.

 

Ningning scans the area and sees a figure of a mortal woman on the bed. She almost stops herself from gasping out loud, but she can’t.

 

“Your grace, it’s a human?!” She exclaims.

 

The gremlin felt the rumbling back in Karina’s tower, she knows her master is summoning her dark energy towards the human world. Without wasting any time she teleports and snuck in the the demon lords’s grand fort. She sees him and the demon queen having the word to themselves, not even caring about his restriction curse breaking.

 

‘So it wasn’t his great majesty’s doing?’ Ningning ponders as she teleports back to Karina’s tower. There is nothing she could do but just wait for her master’s orders.

 

But nothing could prepare the gremlin as her master presents to her an unconscious human as her mate and most importantly a mortal one at that.

 

“Are you certain, your grace?” Ningning asks once again.

 

Karina nods, “She gave me my first ” she says, faintly smiling at the memory from earlier. (minus the scared Winter of course)

 

 

And as if it’s the most logical thing ever, —well by demon logic, Ningning nods her head in understanding “I see, congratulations on finally finding your mate your grace” she even gives a tiny clap.

 

Karina smiles wider this time, feeling proud that she did.

 

Ningning glances at her master and the girl in bed, the gremlin forms a conclusion, “Have you already ed your grace, is that why she’s passed out?”

 

Karina pouts at the question tho, “We have not…I think I might have scared her” she feels ashamed yet again, “that’s why i’ve summoned you, you’re most familiar with humans, I will need your assistance”

 

 

 

 

After Karina had told Ningning what had happened earlier, the gremlin had come up with some conclusions.

 

First, Karina’s power was already weak to begin with and royal demons are faltering buffoons (pardon her language she doesn’t mean to disrespect her masters but there’s no other nicer way to put it) to their mates so having Winter’s presence nearby rendered her completely immobile.

 

As Ningning would put it, these special demons are natural simps to their mates that they tend to get weak on their knees just by being graced with their presence. Hence her already weak powers complete drainage resulting to falling and crashing to the doctor.

 

Second, based on what Karina had told her, the human—who now she knows is named Winter definitely thought her master is insane. But she wouldn’t tell the royal demon that.

 

And Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter