Payphone

I never wanted to go

 

The food in front of her remain untouched. Today's main dish is Japchae. It's his favourite food she whispered to herself. Why is that even little things like this could make her remind of him easily? It feels like making fool out of herself for thinking of someone that gave her nothing but pain. Little did she know that some of the boys noticed how odd of her to act differently. Kris decided to let Bella sort things out herself because she mostly will listen to herself more than anyone when it comes to this matter unfortunately unlike Kai who have no idea what to do to cheer up his future fiancee.

"Are you going to eat that or not cause the bell is about to ring." Kris said softly to her.

"No, not really. I'm going to grab something else." Bella stand up from her seat when suddenly Sehun stopped her.

"Do you want that or.."

"You can have it." She smiled a bit.

Sehun giggling like a child. Kai can't help but to smirk slightly at the sight of Sehun who always had a straight face but let his walls down when it comes to food.

"I'll go with you." Kai said while trailing behind Bella.

   Bella noticed the look from the students but like always she ignores it. Always concerning themselves with matters that aren't their business is something that people always do, smh.

"Hey urm my mom told me to have a look at the hall for our engagement party together after school. You can ask Kris to tag along if you want to." Kai asked avidly but trying to sound as calm as he could.

"It's okay, it's not like Kris is babysitting me."

   The bell rang and all students started to scatter around to go back to class while you and Kai decided to go together since it was a pain in the to find the others in the crowd.

 

  After school's over, Bella and Kai head to the KJ Hotel which is belong to his family. Kris who was at first doubt to let they go alone without him finally decided that maybe it's time to let them spend time alone together. The arrival of both of them were welcomed warmly by the staff since it's Jongin's engagement party. The hall was enormous and soon going to be filled with lots of fresh flower that Jongin's mom had ordered. It was mesmerizing and nerve-wrecking at the same time at the thought of hundreds of people are coming including our parents' friends. When we have finished with the final check, we decided to go back home.

"I can give you a ride if you want to." Kai said as he was about to get into his car.

"Thank you but my cousin are going to pick me up because we're heading somewhere."

"Which cousin are you talking about?" Kai raised his eyebrow.

"Oh, here she comes." Bella pointing at her car.

   The car stopped right in front of Kai's car which left his jaw dropping. Krystal rolled down the window and wave her hand at Bella and turned her head to Kai and winked at him. Kai was confused nevertheless he shrugged it off and wave goodbye at Bella then left.

"Omg I missed you a lot." They hugged each other.

"I'm so excited to go shopping with you and I've been waiting for this day like forever!" Bella squealed.

"Okay so here's the plan, we're going to pick up your dress and I'm going to find myself a dress which have the same color as yours for the party and then we're going to buy lots of things for our sleepover!"

Finally, a girl that she can hang out with. Despite of their different attitude, they are like peanut butter and jelly and always have each other's back since they were little.

 

   Just like any other girl, they can't help it to enter tons of boutique just to find a dress. After a while, Krystal find the right dress that she's going to wear. Little did they know that someone was watching them from afar. Bella did felt something funny, but everytime she looked around her she failed to know what it was.

 

   It was a tiring day and while waiting for Krystal to get out from the bathroom, Bella recieved a phone call and strangely it came from a payphone yet she still answered it just in case it is important.

"Hello?"

"Bella.." he sounded like he was breathing heavily or more like sobbing and there's a faint sound of loud music behind.

Bella was about to hang up the phone until he stopped her.

"Don't hang up on me just listen, I miss you, I miss us, I've been trying to reach out to you but you blocked me. So here I am, calling you using the payphone. It's funny how your number is dancing at the tip of my finger easily." he giggled with a tone of sadness.

"I saw you. Walking out of KJ Hotel with him. It hurts me, alot-" he stopped to take a deep breath.

"So I followed you and like always, you look stunningly, effortlessly beautiful yet it hurts me to not be able to call you mine. Bella please, it hurt so much. I love you." with that he hang up.

Tears started to fall on her cheeks, she closed so that no obvious sound come out from . She held her chest and reach for her medicine under her pillow and swallowed two pills. Her heart started to slow down a bit. Right on time Krystal walked out of the toilet, the sight of Bella holding her chest caused her to panic which then she quickly went beside her.

"What happened?!" she panicked.

"He called." Bella spoke even though her voice faintly being heard.

"Oh Bella." Krystal patted her head as she knows better than anyone else about her feelings, she can't helped to sob silently seeing her cousin to go through such obstacles.

 

 

PS: Dear Axsyah, if you reading this i just want you to know I miss you so so much. I missed the time when we were letting our deepest thought out to each other, I missed your nag and every each little things about youuuu. I am beyond grateful to have you as a friend that I can trust and depends on the most and I'm sorry that we missed the chance to say goodbye on the last day :'((( Love you icesyahmonnn