Talks

Will Our Love Change?

Daehyun’s POV

“Why the sudden kiss?” She asked when we pulled apart. She didn’t even care if Baekhyun saw. I shrugged my shoulders. I just wanted her to feel better.

“Don’t cry anymore. They’re gonna think I bullied you.” I really wished I didn’t leave such a bad impression on her family. Now even her brother will think I’m up to something. Of all times I had to kiss...

“Let’s go down and finish all the food. You don’t have to be shy. Just take them. They eat like monsters.” Young warned me. Is it me or she’s really cute when she’s throwing a tantrum. She pulled me up and held my hand as we headed down to the dining area and we started eating.

It was the first time in a really long time I’ve seen so much food on the table. Every single dish looks really good and the smell was heavenly. Young is really lucky. I took small portions and placed them on my plate. I helped Young too for the dishes that were further away from her. She smiled and gave me a drumstick.

“Eat more Daehyun, don’t be shy.” Young’s Mom said as she carried the plate of beef towards me.

“Thank you auntie. I can help myself.” I bowed as I took the plate from her.

“Yeah. Eat more. You usually eat a lot more.” Young added as she took more of every dish and put them on my plate. Thanks…Now I look like I’m so greedy. I tried not to gobble down my food but it was too good. It was all laughter and fun but I could tell Young was still a little grumpy.

“That’s mine!” She shouted. I looked up and realised she was fighting with Baekhyun over a chicken drumstick. Why is she getting cuter and cuter? I don’t think I’ve even seen this side of her before, she usually don’t fight with me for food.

“I can’t take yours! I put on your plate for you!” She said when I handed mine to her. 

“Doesn’t matter. Eat.” I replied. 

“You see?! He’s better than you!” She stuck out her tongue at Baekhyun. He made a face and continued to eat. Were their meal times usually this noisy? Probably, their parents didn’t even seem bothered. They seem to enjoy themselves even if it was just eating. 

“So Daehyun, what do your parents do?” They were talking about random things but her dad suddenly brought this topic up.

“Um.. They-” I was thinking of what to say when Young continued for me or rather, stopped her dad.

“Don’t tell him! He was just testing you just now!” Young cut in. It may seem like she was really unhappy about the fact that her dad tested me but I knew what her real intentions were. She was trying to ‘save’ me from the conversation that I don’t want to have but honestly, how long could I hide about my family matters?

“Why did you stop eating? Eat more.” She added as she stuffed my mouth with more rice.

“Youngie.” Her dad sounded like he was warning her.

“Daddy you eat too.” She as she filled his plate up with food.

“You can feed your boyfriend but you can’t feed your own Daddy?” He asked. I could feel my face turning red. Seemed like Young’s way of distraction worked. Her mom then fed him while Young just smiled at him and continued to eat.

“That’s what your wife is for.” She replied cheekily. 

“Yah! You rascal!” Her dad scolded. I wasn’t sure if he meant it. Young just stuck out her tongue. I tapped her thigh, trying to stop her from her silly actions. She may do them to me but they are her parents. I don’t want her to get scolded or yelled at. Young just placed her hand over mine and smiled. Why do I keep thinking that her parents are like mine when they are total opposites?

“Yeah. Just feed one another. Just pretend I’m eating on another planet.” Baekhyun said. I tried not to laugh. But it was quite a lovely sight seeing Young trying to put food on his plate and her mom feeding him. Her family sure is different and was definitely filled with love.

When we were done with food, I volunteered to help her mom with the dishes.

“It’s fine! No worries! Go and spend time with Youngie. Seeing you enjoy the food was more than enough for me.” Her mom replied but I still feel that I need to show her some form of appreciation hence, I just did the washing with her.

“I don’t mind. She’s playing with Baekhyun anyway.” I replied as I heard a yell outside about unfair gaming.

“You’re so cute. Usually the girlfriends will help the boyfriend’s parents. Youngie has to learn from you.” Her mom said. Why do the both of them associate me with cute? I’m not cute! Then I thought to myself, if Young ever comes over, something must be really wrong. I don’t think they will let her get away with just doing the dishes...

We were just washing in silence when her mom spoke again. I was actually thankful that she didn’t ask much about myself but rather shared stuff about Young.

“You know, Youngie may seem loud and crazy but she’s really lovable. She can be insecure at times but sometimes she just wants actions more than words. We all pamper her so she may seem spoilt but I’m sure she mean no harm. I hope to see the both of you grow together.” She said. Wow, after spending so much time with Young, she’s really accurate about her… Do mothers really know their kids inside out? And grow together? Does she mean she approved of Young and I being together?! That brought a smile to my face. 

“Aigoo, young love.” Her mom said. I think I could feel my cheeks heating up.

“Oh yes, just a warning based on experience, she gets jealous very easily and can be quite selfish with her stuff, not that I’m badmouthing her or am I saying that you’re her ‘stuff’ but you get what I mean. She took quite some time opening up to even Baekhyun so I’m quite surprised she opened up to you so quickly. Anyway, what I’m saying is that don’t make her feel like there is going to be other people, you understand what I’m getting at? She also shouldn’t do anything like that to get your attention too. Don’t head for that direction. The both of you will get hurt.” She said. I nodded and totally understood. Her mom is really a nice person to talk to. We chatted a little more before we headed out.

“Oh yes! We got something for you since it’s Christmas!” Her mom said as she handed me a paper bag. Wow, there’s even my share in presents? I thanked her with a slight bow.

“Open it and see if you like it! I helped to choose too!” Young was even more excited than me. 

“Thank you, but it’s too expensive. I don’t deserve and can’t accept it.” I said as I looked at Young. Why did they even spend so much on me? It was a branded hoodie. This is the first time they saw me!

“It was on sale! It’s not expensive at all! You deserve everything and so much more so don’t say that!” Young squeezed my cheeks.

“But-” I got cut off again.

“No buts. You need a new hoodie anyway.” She replied.

“Why? My old one is still in good condition.” I told her.

“Yeah but it’s going to be mine! I’m going to steal it from you!” She smiled. Why would she want my old hoodie? Sometimes I just don’t get what this girl is thinking.

“But- “ Again.

“But nothing. If you don’t want it, we’ll throw it away. It’ll be more wasteful right? So keep it! See? It fits you just right!” She said as she helped me put on.

“Thank you Auntie and Uncle.” I bowed again.

“What about me? I contributed in the idea!” Young asked. It was my turn to squeeze her cheeks gratefully. She just smiled. I would have given her a kiss, knowing how much she appreciates them but we weren’t alone.

How can a family who has never seen me before treat me this well, with food and gifts. I don’t understand…

“Okay, now that is done, we are heading out. You kids find your own activities!” Her dad said. We said our goodbyes before they left. Now it’s just me, Young and Baekhyun.

“Go and do whatever lovers do. Don’t mind me. Don’t each other’s lips till the lips disappear.”Baekhyun said, not sure if he meant it.

“Okay, BYE!” Young yelled before pulling me up by my arm to her room again. 

“Won’t your brother mind being alone?” I asked, as much as I want to spend time with her, won’t it be weird if we just left him alone? Even though it was getting late, I didn’t want to go back.

“Nah.” She replied.

“How do you know when they are joking or being serious? I can’t tell the difference.” I said, feeling slightly confused.

“I don’t know. I guess I just know? Soon you’ll get used to it.” She shrugged her shoulders. 

“I got something for you.” I said, looking forward to giving it to her.

“Really!? What is it??” She asked all excited, almost bouncing on her bed. I handed her her gift.

“I- Wo- woah… Wow…” She seemed speechless.

“I’m sorry if it’s sloppy. I’m not an art person or yeah, whatever.” I replied, feeling nervous. I expected her to be touched or hugging and kissing me already as a form of saying thank you but she just stood there staring at the gift I got her.

“Sloppy? SLOPPY?!” I can’t even write straight without a line! This is SOOOO SWEET AND ROMANTIC! You printed our selfies and pasted it around the border of the photo frame and you call this not art?! This is lovely! You’re so cuteee I’m going to hug you!” She blabbered and hugged me hands around my neck, filling my face with her kisses. I was right! The more she does this sort of gestures, the more I’m getting used to her skinship. WHY AM I FEELING SHY?!

“Did you learn this from the internet?” She started laughing as she admired her frame. 

“Are you making fun of me?” I frowned.

“No no! I wouldn’t dare!” She raised her hands as though surrendering with a smile.

“I have to make sure you mean what you say.” I approached her and started tickling her. She was rolling around on her bed.

“Stop! STOP!! I’m not making fun of you!” She laughed.

“You sure?” I asked, still tickling her. 

“YES YES!! Stop or I'll shout!” I can't take her seriously because of all the laughter. 

“Say ‘ please stop Daehyun Oppa’.” I continued. 

“What? OKAY OKAY PLEASE STOP DAEHYUN OPPA!” She yelled when I tickled more aggressively. I finally stopped. 

“You're evil. “ she pouted, trying to push me off her bed. 

“You started it. “ I held her hands to prevent her from pushing me down. She stopped talking and turned away from me. Have I gone too far? I allowed her to cool down while I took a tour around her room. 

Her room had a homely feel to it. She must have spent a lot of time here. The decor suited her, it was like it's designed for a princess. I'm sure her family treats her as one as well. She had her own television, a huge bed and a really huge wardrobe. There were pictures hung up on her wall as well. I observed the pictures and at one glance I could tell she had a fun childhood. 

I looked back at her and she shifted her gaze away. Was she really upset? 

“Babe?” I called her as I sat beside her again. I could tell she was controlling her smile. She didn't reply. 

“Can you take me in today?” I asked, trying to sound as pitiful as possible. She looked at me, confused. 

“Please? I don't want to go home today. “ I can't believe what I did next. I held her arm and swing it back and forth, persuading her. How can she still be ignoring me after I act like this? I even whined a little. The things I do when I’m with her. I must have been influenced by her. I could tell it was getting harder and harder for her to ignore me. 

“What's my reward?” She asked casually like she was not excited. Knowing her, I bet she wanted me to stay over too. 

“I don't know. What do you want?” I asked. 

“You're not sincere!” She looked away. 

“Okay okay! Three kisses.” I suggested. This has got to work. 

“Three only? I don't think it's enough to convince my dad. “ she replied. 

“Five?” I asked. She didn't reply. 

“Seven?” She looked like she was seriously considering. 

“Twenty five around my face. “ She said with a smile like it was a common number for kisses. 

“TWENTY FIVE?! MY LIPS WILL CRAMP!” I got a shock. 

“Then I guess you don't really want to stay here.” She looked smug. This girl! 

“Okay twenty five. “ I gave in. After all, it's just kisses and I kinda got her slightly upset just now. I cupped her face and kissed her around. Her eyes were closed and she was giggling. 

“Done!” I replied. Did she plan this so that it'll be easier for me to kiss her in future after giving her so many?

“The fifth, seventh, fourteenth, nineteenth and twenty fourth didn't count. So five more.” Kisses that didn't count? Huh? Oh well. I gave her four on her forehead and one smacked on her lips. 

“Are they approved now?” I asked. She nodded shyly. Wow, she can be shy too at her own request? She’ll be the death of me. I think this is the first time I kissed the most in my entire life. How did three kisses become THIRTY KISSES?

“Is everything okay?” She asked. 

“Huh?” Did she think I will not be okay with kissing her?

“At home. Did something happen that's why you don't want to go home?” She asked. Oh, she sure is sensitive. 

“Sort of. I did something. “ I told her. 

“What did you do?” She asked. 

“Nothing you need to worry about! Don't worry. “ I replied ruffling her hair. I took money from home. They would have spent them on alcohol and gambling anyway. Buying food for Young’s family would make more use of the money. 

We chatted some more and she even took out some old photo albums to show them to me. She was already so pretty when she was a kid.

“Daehyun? You’re still here?” Her mom asked when she got home.

“Mommy… Can Daehyun stay over? Please please please!” She asked really cutely.

“I’m okay but you have to ask Daddy.” She replied.

“Can you please help me ask him? He won’t say no to you.” She smiled too brightly.

“Alright. But Daehyun sleeps in the guestroom okay, I hope you don’t mind, Daehyun.” She answered. I certainly didn’t mind her guestroom. It’s already better than my bed. I thanked her mom for allowing me to stay the night.

“Yay! You get to stay the night! We can have a movie marathon, we can play games or just talk all night!” She shook me vigorously once her mom left. I was right. She was probably looking forward to it more than I am.

“I have to sleep in the guestroom Young.” I reminded.

“Yeah but we don’t have bedtimes so you can just go in there at like 5am or something! Let me find something comfortable for you to change to!” She replied excitedly. She lent me her clothes and I changed into them. 

“Movie!” She cheered before digging her DVDs. We decided to watch an action movie. We decided based on Rock-paper-scissors. We were so close to choosing a cartoon. Lucky it was something I could appreciate. I leaned against the bed headrest while she rested her head on my lap. I would absentmindedly play with her hair. She would occasionally move her head really quickly, tickling my thighs.

During the talking parts, Young, being herself, talked animatedly. Of course, she not only talks about herself. She asked me questions about myself too. She seemed really interested in my past but was really careful not to bring up anything too sensitive.

After a while, she was quiet. I assumed that it was because she was engrossed with the action scenes but when I playfully tossed her hair covering her face, she didn’t react. I looked at her and found that she was asleep.

“So much for lasting till 5am.” I mumbled to myself as I brushed my knuckles against her cheek. I must really be getting soft. I don’t even think we would be in this position in the past. I’m really starting to get used to her around me and it actually feels acceptable opening up to someone. It’s not bad having her around me.

“Yah! You’re still up?!” I heard the door open and Baekhyun yelled.

“She’s asleep.” I said softly. He covered his mouth and then pretended he did no such thing. 

“Settle her and let’s talk.” He said, sounding very big brother like. I’m not even sure why I’m feeling nervous. I nodded.

I lifted her head off my lap as I tried shifting her to a more comfortable position on her bed but then she ended hugging my legs. This girl. I gently pried her arms off me and made her comfortable in bed. I would’ve kissed her if she was conscious. I love watching her sleep. She looks so at ease, it was really calming to watch. After watching her for a while, I headed out. Baekhyun was waiting for me in the living room.

“Let’s go in and talk.” He said as he headed to the guestroom. I just followed him.

“Don’t be so scared. I won’t hurt you unless you hurt that crazy girl.” He said.

“I know it may seem like I bully her a lot but she’s my only sister. Only I have the authority to bully her. I don’t know how your past relationships work but I’m just saying she’s very precious to us. I don’t want you to hurt her or make her cry. Though you can tease and annoy her that’s fine, she could use something like that in her life.” He said. 

“I understand.” I replied seriously though still fearing what he might do.

“If you’re intending to ditch her after playing with her, I swear you will regret.” He added fiercely. Her whole family is really protective of her.

“I’m not playing her and I don’t intend to.” I said.

“Okay, that’s what I want to hear. Why do you look so scared? I’m just saying.” He laughed.

“I’m fine.” I said, hopefully I really sounded fine.

“Let’s go for a drink someday.” He said as he smacked my shoulder without much strength. I nodded.

“It’s late, I shall not disturb you further. Oh, don’t ever let that crazy girl know we had this conversation. It will spoil my image.” He said as he left the room. 

What just happened? In a span of a few hours, I had talks with her mom and brother and her dad tested me. I was right, she grew up in a home filled with so much love. I hope I can love her the way they do without disappointing her. If only her family her family didn't set the expectations too high. 

 

Thanks for reading! Subscribe and upvote if you enjoyed! ^^