3 Chapter 3

Love Run

Not long after running up and down to hall, Mingyu and Seokmin were panting heavily as they did their best to keep up with Wonwoo. 

"He.. He's crazy isn't he? This... It's been 50 times up and down. How does he maintain that speed." Seokmin panted, as Wonwoo increased his paced again. 

"It'd be easier if you don't talk. You would need at least this much stamina to make it on the soccer team." Wonwoo replied with a smirk as he slightly slowed down. 

Mingyu watched the older latter, his chest rising up and down at a steady pace, his mouth slightly agape as his loose bangs bonced up and down on his pale, smooth forehead. Unknowingly, his face turned red. 

"Are you okay?" 

A voice broke his focus as a hand landed on his shoulder. Turning to his right, Mingyu nearly shouted in surprise. Wonwoo. Jeon Wonwoo, the guy whom he barely met an hour ago but was already making him awestruck, was talking to him and placing his hand on his shoulder. 

"Ye.. Yes" Mingyu stammered,moving away. 

"Don't lose your focus. Come on, Seokmin, keep it up. We're going to see your footwork after this round" Wonwoo continued as he ran to Seokmin's side. 

 

Beads of sweat were trailing down Seokmin and Mingyu's neck when the coach finally blew the whistle, signaling the end of practice for the team and the end of the trail for Seokmin and Mingyu. 

'Water. Water. Give me water." Seokmin half screamed as he sprinted towards the bottle Chan was still opening, pushing away anyone who was in his way. 

Meanwhile, Mingyu stared intently as Wonwoo exchanged words with the coach. 

"You two did great.,though your friend looks like he'll need to get onto an ambulance soon" A blonde hair boy with small, hazel brown up-turned eyes laughed, patting Mingyu on the back, "it's hard to catch up with Wonwoo. I'm sure you two will make the team. I'm Soonyoung by the way, a Year 3."

"Thank you," Mingyu replied, bowing before making another bow as the coach and Wonwoo made their way towards Mingyu and Soonyoung.

"Well, based on what Wonwoo has told me, you guys are good enough. Training days are on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Come thirty minutes after your last class ends. I'l  see you guys next week," The coach said with a smile as he picked his bags up. 

"Thank you coach!" The boys choursed before hurridly packing their bags. 

 

"Seokmin hyung! Mingyu hyung! Hurry up or you'll be late for the gathering!" Chan shouted across the room as he chucked his shoes into his shoe bag and slammed his locker shut. 

"What gathering?" Seokmin asked Mingyu as he immediately threw his bottle into his bag and put on his jumper.

"LEE SEOKMIN!!" A familiar voice shouted before Seokmin was hit in the head, only to be greeted by a boy with round big eyes smirking at him. 

"What was that for, you fishball." Seokmin glared, rubbing his head and he zipped up his bag. "Why are you here anyways?"

"The gathering, you squid head!" Seungkwan paused ,stepping forward and throwing Mingyu's towel into his bag. "Mingyu. Can you hurry up? The Year 3s are treating! I don't want to miss out on food." stepping forward and throwing Mingyu's towel into his bag.

 "What's this gathering about?' Seokmin asked, pulling Mingyu at the back as they chased after Seungkwan, Minghao and Chan who were walking at top speed. 

"Ah.. I forgot to tell you. The previous captain of the soccer team, Seungcheol hyung, is together with an ex-member of the music club, Junghan hyung. Well.. They're really close to the Year 3s and they're also another reason why the soccer team and music club has such good relations. We meet up every Friday after training with those hyungs for some bonding sessions and the hyungs or the Year 3 seniors usually treat us! It's really fun!" Chan exclaimed, breaking into a smile. 

 

Soon after, they arrived at this stairway located not far away from a convenience store. Seungcheol had treated all of them to popsicles. As Seungkwan and Seokmin challenged each other to who could eat the most popsicles within ten minutes, with Chan being the timekeeper and Minghao talking to Junhui, a Year 3 whom everyone called Jun, within a distance that seemed too close for comfort,Mingyu couldn't keep his eyes off that one person. Jeon Wonwoo. To Mingyu, it was really fascinating how Wonwoo was laughing so much and joking around with Soonyoung as they were engaged in a conversation with Sengcheol and Junghan. It was the complete reversal of how Wonwoo was during training or around the Year 1s and 2s.. As Mingyu stared, he felt his heart skipped a beat everytime a smile spread across Wonwoo's face, lighting up his expression and hanging from one ear to the other, his slim, almond eyes turning into the prettiest half crescent moons. 

"Mingyu? Is everything alright?" Seokmin plopped down right beside Mingyu and threw his hand around his best friend's shoulder, causing Mingyu to jump up in shock and breaking his focus. 

"Hmnn. Yea.. Yea. Why?" Mingyu asked, as he placed his popiscle into his mouth, which by then was almost throughly melted. 

"Well.. You haven't been speaking much ever since training started. Like, I mean um. You didn't play around with me at all today.. Something's wrong isn't it? You can tell me, I'm Seok, your bestfriend who has been there at almost every moment of your life and know all about your embarrassints and your downs." Seokmin asked, shooting Mingyu a concerned look who was staring at something intently in the distance, with a look Seokmin had never seen Mingyu give. 

"Seok.. I.." 

"I think I'm in love."

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------END------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry I know this update took really long ;A; 

Many things have happened. I met GOT7, had a really crazy hi-touch session with them and I attended a KPOP event today with some of my mutuals and managed to collect many svt photocards hehe :b Oh! And I passed my present and letter for boo :> I hope he likes them.. And I really really hope he reads my letter... :( I wrote Chan a birthday letter too teehee. 

I'm sorry if this update is really lacking. Please leave comments and let me know what you think!

Also, feel free to submit icon / header requests (preferably for svt!) on my Twitter : @SEUNGBOOBOO

I'd also prefer it if you can send me pictures which you want and NOTE: make sure editing is allowed by the fansite if you're using a fansite picture! ^^ I want neither of us to get into trouble. 

Bye!