Chapter One: The Boy Who Hates Romance

If Cinderella Never Left Her Shoe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 It is almost February. Valentine's month. The season of love.


                    

And just in time to keep it all festive, the school announces its awaited promenade which is due in less than a month. Girls, who are flooding the corridors, start to scream in unison to show their excitement. Now, the hallways feel like a giant game arena with all the hustling and screaming colliding at the same time, I feel annoyed as I watch everything unfolds in front of me. They chitchat among themselves of what to wear, ball gowns or cocktail dresses, the style of their hair or any tricks that will try to capture the guys. Still, I'm a bit annoyed.


                    

I have my back pressed on the door of my locker as I listen to some of the details that the principal is announcing through the speakers. It is hard to understand them though, all the noise makes it hard. Almost everywhere I look, every corner, people talks about the upcoming prom. Now even the boys are strategically planning something. Everybody has something to say except me. I don't give a damn care.


                    

I walk around the hallways to escape the haunting katzenjammer that the news of the prom have created. I want to go to the library where nothing else can be louder than the sound of the vibration of the air-conditioning units. I think I need a break yet, suddenly, someone halts me - it is my older sister, standing in front of me with her palm almost touching my face.


                    

"Sehun! What's with the long face on this time of the day?" she says as she makes her way to my back and holds me in both arms, "Scared of the prom? Well, don't be. It's just a dance, a ball," she teases.


                    

"I am not scared. . . I am just not ready for it now. And besides, I can't think of anything with all the girls blabbering about everything," I explain in, still, annoyance.


                    

She is taken aback. "Well, Mr. Romance hater, Excuse me . . . but the prom is just one of the times that us, girls, can be the star, can be something more than special. So don't be a crybaby." That is Carla in her most persuasive and convincing tone.


                    

I try not to react or reply to her.


                    

"Speechless?" She asks as she rubs both of my shoulders gently.


                    

Still, I stand motionless. Thoughts are freely hovering in my mind.


                    

"Aha! I see now, lil' bro! You are worried about not having to bag a date, aye? Scared that you might end up alone? Am I right?" Carla insists as she begins to rub faster.


                    

Is she really right? I ask myself. That must have been what's bothering and forcing me to be not excited about the prom. Maybe, I'm scared. . . no, I am scared of being alone in the season of love. That is the thing.


                    

"Hello? Earth to Sehun!" My thoughts carry me away too far this time that I completely forget about Carla, "What is happening inside your skull, bro? Shake it off a little, you are thinking deeper than you usually do. It's not healthy for you, you know?" She laughs as she teases me.


                    

"I'm going to the library now. I'll meet you back at home." I say as I walk slowly away from her.


                    

I know that Carla is screaming something but the noise of the corridors are still loud, that's why it does not come clear to my ears. I just nod and pretend that I have heard it.


                    

I walk at the same pace, almost dragging my feet. This is what I do when I am not in the mood for anything. I think I will take a snooze in the library, I say to myself.


                    

It is not that long before I reach the library despite of my turtle-like speed, simply because the school is not that big. I enter the room and to my surprise, people are really packing in here. You can see everybody being studious and all in here. Too far from what I used to see.


The smell of the decade-old books greet my entrance as it hovers all over the room. It is somewhat addictive, and I don't know why.


By the corner of the library's entrance, I can hear soft whispers though I do not care because I am not an eavesdropper. So, I just put my hands inside the pockets of my jacket and continue to walk.


"Hey! Mysterious handsome guy!" Somebody say in a toned down voice so the librarian will not hear it. "You! In the navy blue jacket. Over here!" It adds.


By that attire description, I get an idea that it is me they are whispering about. I look back to see who they are. And as I do, I see that it is the twins who are leaning against the wall.


Georgina and Holly are quite popular within the vicinity of our school. Well, I guess every cheerleader is popular.


Both of them are looking y as they are strutting their cheer-leading uniform

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter