Chapter 13

A Race

The rescue team, Solbin and Mingyu finally reached home in exhaustion. They saw the other girls sleeping on the couch with their heads on each others' and the boys and assistant manager lying on the carpet.

"They must be waiting for us then falling asleep involuntary," said Laboum's manager.

"Should we wake them up?" asked Seventeen's manager.

Laboum's manager shook his head. "They must be tired. Just let them sleep," he answered. "They'll see us in the morning anyway."

Then they started to go to their rooms to sleep. Before Solbin took a step on a stair, a hand grabbed on her wrist. She turned her face to see Mingyu.

"Mmm... I just want to say... Good night," said Mingyu nervously.

"Good night to you too," said Solbin. "Can you now please let go of my wrist?"

Mingyu let out a timid chuckle, but before he did what Solbin asked, he pulled her slightly then kissed her on her cheek.

"Gosh! What're you doing?!"

Those words did not come out of Solbin's lips but Yulhee. The rapper girl accidentally saw the scene when she returned back to find Solbin who had not come to their room.

Without saying any word, Mingyu turned his body and left them to his room. It was fast but Solbin could see a flush on his face.

"Isn't he cute, Yul?" Solbin murmured as she went upstairs.

"I thought you didn't like him," said Yulhee.

"I didn't, but I think I've changed my mind," Solbin smiled at Yulhee who then nudged her arm playfully. Both them came into their room to join ZN at the dreamland.

That night, Solbin smiled widely in her sleep. She was having a very nice dream.

 

***

 

Yujeong was awake because of the shout that came from one of the rooms in downstair. She stretched her arms then opened her eyes slowly. She frowned to see her surrounding. Am I supposed waking up in the room upstair? He wondered but then she remembered that they were waiting for their friends in the living room. Guess they accidentally fell on sleep during the time.

"Hyung, hyung, wake up!" Seungkwan shook every boys who slept on the living room to wake them up with a beamed look. "Everyone's home now!" he exclaimed that made all of them wide awake.

"Really?" asked Jeonghan.

Seungkwan nodded. "Yes! They're in the room now." And then the boys went to the said room to check on their friends' conditions.

"Does it mean Yulhee, ZN and Solbin are back too?" asked Soyeon.

"We are!" ZN's voice suddenly came behind them then Haein and Soyeon hurriedly ran to her for a group hug. Yulhee and Solbin got along after they came to them.

"Are you fine? You got hurt?" asked Haein worriedly to Solbin who shook her head in response with a wide smile.

"Yulhee fell last night," said Solbin as she pointed at Yulhee's leg. "She got bruises."

"But I'm fine," said Yulhee then she walked to Yujeong who still sat on the couch. "You can't walk yet, unnie?" she asked after she checked on Yujeong's feet which was bandaged.

"It still hurts so yeah..." Yujeong pouted then she changed her face into a bright one as she caressed Yulhee's bangs lovingly. "I'm glad you're home."

Yulhee nodded then hugged Yujeong tightly.

 

***

 

"Yah, you accidentally got you two lost last night so you guys could have alone time, didn't you?" accused Seokmin to Mingyu who was still laying on the bed.

"Geez! I'm not that kind of person," said Mingyu. "It was a real accident."

"So, have you confessed to her?" asked Jeonghan curiously. He was taking care of Seokmin's wound.

"How could I? Man, it wasn't a good time for that," said Mingyu in frustration. He wondered why his friends could be so curious about him and Solbin. It was true that he liked her, but he could not tell if the girl liked him too or not and he did not want to force his feeling to her.

"Man up, Gyu! She'll accept you," said Wonwoo.

"Why don't you man up to Yulhee first then I'll do the same to Solbin?"

Wonwoo's face reddened as he was taken aback by the response.

"Isn't it weird?" Joshua interrupted. "We barely know each other and we just met in persons for almost two days and we have two members who have crush on the girls."

"Love is crazy sometimes," said Seungkwan and nodded by Seokmin and Jeonghan. "But, hyungs, if you dated the girls, I hope it wouldn't affect on us. Dating is really a serious issue. You know what I mean, don't you?"

Both Wonwoo and Mingyu nodded weakly in response. They knew the risk very well and that was one of the reasons they had not confessed to the girls yet.

"Guys, let's have a breakfast!" suddenly Scoups' voice came from the door of the room. He looked so fine despite the lack of slept he got. "And we have to prepare for talent show after that!"

 

***

 

Laboum's members were all in the kitchen, preparing the breakfast with the managers and assistant manager. Some of Seventeen's members were also giving their hands. In fact, the boys cooked better than the girls.

"You have to taste Mingyu and Seokmin's cooks sometimes," said Woozi to the girls. "Theirs are the best!"

"Are you trying to say mine is bad?" asked Jun who stirred a fish soup in a bowl.

"I'm not. No offence, Jun ah!" said Woozi. "Too bad they're still resting."

"But you have to taste Yujeong unnie's cook!" promoted Haein then she showed the boys a plate of omurice Yujeong made, despite her feet hurt. "Yujeong unnie is the best chef we have."

"I'm not that best, Haein ah, but thanks," Yujeong giggled as she put the omurice onto plate one by one for everyone of them.

"By the way, nuna, what will you show us for today's talent show?" asked Dino who was in charge of making drinks with Vernon, Yulhee and Solbin.

"We're still thinking about it," answered Soyeon who made side dishes with Haein, and The8. "How about you guys?"

"We haven't talked about it either," answered Vernon. "But let's show off out talents! It's called talent show for a reason."

Everyone chuckled and nodded at Vernon's words as they kept on making and preparing breakfast. Not long after that, the rest of the boys came to help and the brakfast done in fifteen minutes later. They started to eat while talking about the talent show in groups.

"So, we agreed to put you and Yulhee to show off your rap skills for the talent show," told ZN to Solbin who was lost back then. "Is that okay for you, Sol?"

Solbin nodded as she ate the omurice. "I'm fine." Then she looked at Yulhee who sat next to her and nudged her. "What are we going to rap?"

Meanwhile in the boys' group…

"Let's do a medley from our album which performed by us in unit?" Hoshi gave a suggestion. "We haven't done it, except at fansign, right? And it's more effective and efficient."

After having some talks, the boys agreed to Hoshi's words then they continued eating the breakfast in a convenient silence.

 

***

 

A/N: double update!!! I'm sorry for abandoning this story for quite a while T.T but thank you for still subscribing and giving interest in it. This story just need two more chapters and it may be done this week or sooner. I'll do my best! Thank you for reading so far :')