Chapter 15

A Race

"I think I'm going to miss this vacation," said Dino with a sad face as he put his stuff in his carrier.

"Me too," The8 agreed. "We may not have this kind of vacation when we're back to Seoul."

"And it's fun to be with Laboum sunbaenims," said Jeonghan. Then he turned his face to their manager, " but, hyung, why did you plan this all for us?"

"Yeah, it's kind of strange," added Hoshi as he looked at the manager also. "This isn't a coincidence, right?"

The manager chuckled and crossed his arms while looking at the boys one by one. "You're righ, Hosh. It's not a coincidence," he admitted. "Our CEO gave me two days off then I planned to take you guys and my assistant with me. I also called the girls' manager and asked him if he was free and then he said yes. He asked me if it was okay to take some companions, which were his artists, and I said yes. So, we looked for a home stay and started to plan a race for you guys in case you get bored or something." He explain casually. "The race didn't go well though, but I think you guys look more fresh during these times."

"I don't know this hyung can be so kind," Woozi said.

Scoups walked to the manager and gave him a big tight hug then the other boys followed. "Thank you, hyung!" said them one by one.

"Anytime," replied the manager as he patted everyone's head lovingly. "So, have you done packing your stuff?" he asked aftrr the hugging time ended.

Everyone nodded and said yes.

"Good! Now let's go to the car!" the manager said and led them to the frontyard where the cars were. He did not realize that someone was missing.

 

***

 

Mingyu and Solbin were sitting on the edge of the pool in silence. It had been three minutes or so but Mingyu had noy started talking and it made Solbin a bit uneasy.

"Mingyu," Solbin called in a sudden and it made the boy next to her jolt up a bit. She chuckled to see the reaction but she did not mind it. "What do you want to talk?"

Mingyu rubbed his neck for a while with redden face, did not answer the question straightly. Then he took something out of his sweater pocket and gave it to Solbin. "Your scarf…" he said.

"Ah…" Solbin took the scarf. "How's your knee by the way?"

"It's good," answered Mingyu and then braved himself to look at Solbin straight into her eyes and said, "Thank you."

Solbin smiled back and nodded. "Anytime," she replied. "So… that's all you want to talk?"

Mingyu was silent for a moment. He was nervous of course but he needed to say what he wanted to. He might not have this kind of chance when he got back to Seoul. So, he took a deep breath and let it out slowly to decrease the nervousness he felt. "I like you."

Solbin's eyes widened to hear those words. "What?"

"I like you," repeated Mingyu in a more calm tone. "It sounds crazy but I really do like you."

Solbin was silent as she looked at Mingyu with a bit redden face. She could feel her heart beat so fast that she thought she could hear it. "T-then…" she cursed herself for stuttering but then continued saying, "what… do you expect from me… for that?"

"Can we be a couple after this? Because I'm sure you like me too."

"Don't your company ban everyone of you from dating?"

"It does, but I don't care…"

"You have to," cut Solbin. "And I think it's not a good time for you to date someone. You just start your carrier!"

"Does it mean you reject me?" asked Mingyu with a sad face. "You don't like me?"

"I don't say that," said Solbin and it made Mingyu sigh in relief. "We shouldn't have to be a couple for now. Let's befriends and get to know each other well from now on!"

Mingyu did not respond to it quickly. He felt a bit disappointed but he thought Solbin was right so he nodded weakly. "Okay," he said. "Can we have a hug?"

Solbin smiled widely and nodded. "Sure!" Then both of them hugged each other tightly. When they pulled away, Solbin gave a quick peck on Mingyu's cheek. "My turn," she grinned at the now blushing boy. She was about to leave Mingyu but he got her wrist and suddenly a pair of lips was on hers. Mingyu was kissing her!

"Oh, my God! My eyes!" shouted Seokmin from afar and made Mingyu and Solbin break the kiss. "I was asked to look for you but I didn’t want to see this kind of scene.”

Mingyu laughed at Seokmin’s exaggearted reaction while Solbin blushing madly behind his back.

“We’re going to leave this house soon,” said Seokmin again when Mingyu and Solbin approached him.

“I know,” said Mingyu. When Seokmin turned his body and led them to the house, Mingyu looked at Solbin who could not even lift her head after being caught up. “Solbin ah…”

“Hm?” Solbin responded without looking at Mingyu.

“I had wished that I wouldn’t have agreed with the race last night,” Mingyu said, “but now I realize that it wasn’t that bad to get lost and stuck with you for a while. It helped me a lot to build my feeling towards you.”

Solbin let out a timid chuckled and she could not help the heat on her face.

“I’m being serious,” said Mingyu in case Solbin thought he was just joking around.

“Okay,” said Solbin who braved herself to look at Mingyu and smiled widely at him.

 

***

 

Some of the boys and girls were still gathering in the terace when the managers and assistant and also the other boys put their stuff into the cars.

“Nuna, let’s take a photo!” said Seungkwan to Haein then both of them took a selca together. “Guys, let’s take a photo together! Only for the second team of the race!” he shouted after that and it did not take a long time until everyone gathered with him and Haein.

“How could we take a picture?” asked Vernon.

“I have a monopod stick!” exclaimed Yulhee then she took the said thing out of her sling bag. “Use this!” she said to Seungkwan who quickly accepted it. Not long after that, they busied taking some pictures together.

“Oh, look at those guys!” said ZN as she leaned on the car while looking at the second team. “It can be a nice family picture.”

“Let’s take a picture too then!” said Joshua who overheard what she said. “Hey, Coups, can you stop for a while for a pic or two?”

Then just like the second team, the first team also took some pictures together. After both teams finished doing that, they asked their managers to take another picture with all Seventeen and Laboum members in the picture.

“Nuna, take care of your feet, will you?” said Scoups to Yujeong when the photo session ended.

“I know,” said Yujeong casually.

Scoups smiled widely at Yujeong then he hugged her shoulders for a second and pulled away. “I’m going to miss you all.”

Yujeong smiled back at Scoups then she nodded. “Me too.”

“Seokmin ah, let’s have a duest again someday!” exclaimed Soyeon to Seokmin who helped the assistant in the car.

Seokmin smiled at Soyeon and gave a thumb up at Soyeon. “That’d be cool!”

“I want to join you guys also!” said Haein, interupting them.

“Sure! That’d be super cool!” Seokmin responded and Soyeon chuckled at him.

Meanwhile at the back of Laboum car, Wonwoo suddenly called Yulhee who was busy putting her stuff in it.

“What’s it?” asked Yulhee casually.

Wonwoo was silent for a while. He looked nervous, but Yulhee did not really care about that. “I… I just want to… say sorry…”

“Sorry? What for?” Yulhee frowned.

“For bugging you these two days.”

“Ah…” Yulhee nodded. “It’s okay. I’ve forgot about that before you said it.”

“So… we’re friends?”

“Yeah!” exclaimed Yulhee cheerfully.

Wonwoo sighed in relief to see her smile. He wanted them to be more than friends, but he knew they could not be like that at the time. They had to focus with their jobs and be free from the dating ban from their companies first. All he had to do was getting to know Yulhee better and started to befriend with her was not a bad step anyway.

 

***

 

Six months later…

“Oh! I’m so sorry!” Solbin quickly bowed at the person she just bumped onto.

“It’s okay… oh, Solbin ah?!”

Solbin then looked at the person’s face with narrowed eyes, guessing who was the black bob haired guy. She had no idea.

The person chuckled to see the confused look on her face. “It’s me, Jeonghan,” he said.

Solbin still frowned at him then widened her eyes abruptly. “Ah, yeah! Oh my God, you look so different,” she said as she pai attention to his hair.

“I don’t look good with my new hair, huh?”

Solbin quickly shook her head. “Of course no! You look different in a good way,” she explained. “You look more handsome this way.”

“How about me?” suddenly a voice came between them. It was Mingyu. “How do I look?”

“What do you want me to say?” Solbin asked back.

“Everything’s fine.”

“By the way, you’ll have a performance here?” asked Solbin, ignoring not to answer Mingyu’s question in purpose.

“Yeah, it’s our comeback stage,” answered Jeonghan.

“Ah, really? Woah… we will have overlapped schedules from now on then!”

“Good! I can see you more then,” Mingyu joined in a cheerful tone.

“Uhm! Should I leave you guys now?” asked Jeonghan.

“Yes!”

“No! I’m about to go to our waiting room just now,” Solbin said. “Bye! Fighting!”

Jeonghan waved at Solbin who walked to her room and Mingyu just looked at her with a sad face. “No progress yet?” asked Jeonghan to Mingyu as they headed to their room. His question reffered to Mingyu and Solbin’s relationship.

Mingyu shook his head in response. “She acts so casually to me,” he whined.

“Yah, cheer up!” said Jeonghan as he patted Mingyu on shoulder. “It means she’s not an easy girl. You have to do your best if you want her to be yours.”

Mingyu showed a faint smile at Jeonghan and nodded weakly at his words. At least, he had said that he liked Solbin and he knew the girl liked him too. That was enough for them at the time. They had to focus on their job first so they could shine together someday.

“Hyung, look at this!” Dino welcomed Jeonghan and Mingyu with a signed CD in his hand.

“Ah! Laboum’s CD?!” Jeonghan said and then he took the CD from Dino.

“They just gave us these when you guys out,” said Woozi. “But Solbin wasn’t with them.”

“I met her in the corridor,” said Mingyu and when he felt every eye on him, looking at him suspiciously, he cleared his throat and continued, “I mean, Jeonghan hyung and I met her there.”

“This is yours, hyung!” Vernon handed Mingyu one of the signed CD with his name on it.

“Oh, everyone got one?” asked Mingyu then answered with a nod by Vernon. He then opened the album and met with Solbin’s picture on the firt page of it. He could not help but smiled. She always looks good! He thought then he flipped to the next page. There, he found a note from Solbin.

 

To: Mingyu

Let’s work hard and be happy together! 520

-Solbin-

 

“She loves you,” said Jun who secretly peeked on the page of album Mingyu looked, making the younger boy slightly jumped in his place.

“H-how could you know that?” asked Mingyu.

“She wrote it there. 520. Oh er ling, that’s the numbers in chinese and if you change the sounds, it can be wo ai ni which means…”

“I love you…?”

Jun clicked his fingers and nodded. “You’re a good boy!” he ruffled Mingyu’s hair before he left the younger boy frozen in his place.

Mingyu could not believe what he had heard and he was too shock to do something. He was zoning out for a while before he hurriedly took his bag and looked for something. “Guys, do you have our new album with you? I need one!” he said after he could not found the said object.

“I have,” said Hoshi then he took out the album from his bag and gave it to Mingyu. “What are you going to do with that?” he asked Mingyu who soon scrathed the album with a spidol he took from his bag.

“It’s a secret~” Mingyu answered playfully. He did not want anyone to know that he would give the album to Solbin in person after the schedule ended. Just like Solbin, he put a special note on the page where his picture was in.

 

To: Solbin

Let’s work hard while thinking about each other! ;) 520 <3

-Mingyu-

 

***

 

A/N: it’s end… finally… hhh… lol xD I realize that I’m still lacking in writing story and I did my best to make this story so… I hope you like what I wrote >< do you like the ending? Because there are lots of characters here, I can barely focus but yeah the main characters are Solbin and Mingyu so yeah… hhh… lol xD I’d like to apologize for being hiatus from this story for a long time and thank to you who still want to read this crappy story hehe^^” so, thank you very very much! Let’s meet again on another laboum x seventeen story of mine in the future! Please support both group~ :3 bye!!!