Chapter 3

I'm not her type!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I like mature women also, like Sooyoung and Seohyun.” She hinted, looking at the dim sky above us. Suddenly the awkward atmosphere before was completely changed. “What I don’t like are women who can do anything and everything. There’s nothing intriguing in there. I think women like that are boring, don’t you think?”

.....

“’I think women like that are boring, don’t you think?’ BORING?! Looking at Sooyoung is boring! Listening to Seohyun talk is boring!” I fumed slamming my palm on my desk.

“Just do remember we’re in school.” My best friend Jessica advised silently, looking around in panic. She sighed in relief then glared. “Do you want to get into a fight that badly?”

“I’m just annoyed!”

“Then keep the volume of your annoyance five levels down the notch!” she spat.

“That blonde.... I’ll show her!”

“Now what?”

“I can be clumsy! I will be clumsy!”

“Yeah, and I can be Jesus.”

“Why do you people say that?!”

“Cause you, Tiffany, just said the impossible thing.”

“I can be clumsy if I want to.”

“Okay. I believe you. Now, can I take my lunch?”

“And you Jessie will help me how to!”

“Why do I even bother taking lunch with you?!” Jessie sighed exasperatingly.

......

Now, I’m more determined than ever. After what she said last night, I can never back down anymore. She’ll see how clumsy and rousing I can be. I’ve received numerous awards before, and most of them people thought I won’t be able to get but I got them. How hard would it be to be clumsy?

 “Tiff!” I snapped out of my reverie. I looked up and saw Jessie walking towards me. She hastily grabbed my hand and dragged me along with her. After minutes of relentless dragging, we finally stopped. She smiled then let go of my hand.

We were outside of the school, standing in the middle of the school garden.

I looked around then remarked, “I don’t think gardening is a part of being clumsy.”

“And throwing lousy joke is?” She shot back.

“What are we doing here anyway?” I asked, my eyes wandering around the area.

“We’re here to hone your clumsy skills.”
“And by that, you mean how?”

“I asked the school’s clumsiest students to help us out.” She proudly revealed, smug smile across those lips of her. “And who will be in here in just a few seconds from now.”

“You asked for Taeyeon’s help?” I inquired happily

“Ahh... well-...”

“Did somebody asked for Hyoyeon’s helps?” another voice pompously asked. I turned my head around, and there she was, standing ever so arrogantly before us.

“I didn’t ask you to hone my stupidity.” I whispered to Jessie.

Hyoyeon smirked as she started walking towards us, “The great Hyoyeon will help you in beco-...”

Then slipped, face first.

“UMPHFFF!”

“Well they do come hand in hand.... stupidity and clumsiness that is.” Jessie noted softly into my ear.

“I think it’ll be hard separating both.” I sighed and watched Hyoyeon stand up from the floor and brush the dust off from her skirt.

She smirked once again, giving us the notion that slipping was something to be proud of. “And what did you learn from that example?”

“Watch where you’re going?” I replied.

Hyoyeon, surprisingly and a bit annoyingly, sighed disappointedly at me. “No No.... We’ve got a long way to go. Why don’t we start from the basic before you can appreciate the value of slipping?”

Basic? I wonder if it was some kind of stupid joke Hyoyeon had said. But unexpectedly the basics do exist in becoming clumsy.

We started off with opening a bag of chips. Hyoyeon held out two hundred won out and purchased two bags of potato chips from the vending machine. She handed one to me and the other was for her. She waved her hand and told us to watch her. And as soon as she opened hers, chips were suddenly thrown all over the place. She then looked at us, pouting and soon started sobbing. Jessie panicked and tried to get another bag of chips on the vending machine but Hyoyeon quickly held her hand and beamed at us.

The wonder of being clumsy had just been performed right before my eyes and it simply had me floored. I got amazed at how effective it was that it even got Jessie to sympathize with her.

Now it is my turn to open the bag of chips. I breathed deeply, and with another exhale as my cue. I ripped the plastic bag open.... quite perfectly.

Hyoyeon buried her face on her palm and grunted loudly, while Jessie had her thumb down.  

It was 1-0, 1 for the clumsiness, and 0 for me.

We then moved on to another basic.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter