Colour Me with Your Lips

Paint Me The Colours Of The Rainbow

~A special bonus chapter as a thankyou and to celebrate this stories one year.~


Colour Me With Your Lips

JinJin hears the shuffling of blankets and not soon after feels a light kiss fall on his bare shoulder.

“What are you doing?” Eunwoo softly asks and JinJin really loves when his voice is husky with sleep. It sounds so manly, so rough and deep. “I was inspired.” He swallows in embarrassment, because not everyone wakes up in the middle of the night just to draw.

It has Eunwoo leaning over him to look at his fresh piece and he shutters at the warmth of their skin touching.

“I love it.” Eunwoo says, kissing the corner of his lips and it has him muttering out “you do”, as he looks down at his abstract jumble of mixing colours. It’s so obviously different, something that’s not necessarily his style of brand.

Yet, he still likes it.     

Likes the confusion it draws out as distinct pigments collide and join to develop new shades like a complex code. It’s weird how all the expressing colours differentiate into these subjective inner allusions and it’s making him irrationally emotional for some odd reason.

Something’s there, trying to break through and express its residence.  

And it’s something JinJin doesn’t even have concise words for. Something that he knows means so much because he can feel it, but he just can’t seem to figure out the hidden meanings encased throughout each fine line and delicate smudge. Can’t put concrete significance to the secrets left behind in his own blindly composed metaphor and it’s quite agitating, but not enough so to truly mull over it.

It’s all up to interpretation anyway, it has always been.

“I think it’s beautiful, just like you.” And that statement has JinJin easily chuckling. “God, you’re so cheesy.” He snorts, getting up to place his art book and pencils on the nightstand. His fingers effortlessly find the string to the small lamp, effectively clicking it off and he lovingly turns back to his tired moonlit boyfriend.

He smiles because this is perfect and Eunwoo’s completely perfect.

“And I love you for that.” He says, climbing back into bed and into Eunwoo’s awaiting arms.

In fact, he may love Eunwoo a little much. Might even be smothering the man in every drop and not know it.

“I love you.” Eunwoo seriously whispers, pecking JinJin’s lips and he’s pulling the now ashy brunette down to lay comfortably in his embrace. “You know for a soon to be lawyer, your vocabulary is very limited Mr. Lee. I know you love me you say it everyday.” JinJin giggles and he’s lightly tapping his dear lovers exposed chest.

It doesn’t take long before Eunwoo’s kisses are falling in light clusters all over his face and he basks in each and every one.

“How can I not say it everyday. I’m afraid that if I don’t remind you, you’ll run away from me.” Eunwoo’s mumbling against his cheek and it has him smiling, pulling that handsome face into a full kiss.

They’re closing in on their one year anniversary, one year they have ben together and JinJin can’t help but notice how a lot of things have changed, certainly for the better. How much he has personally evolved and grown thanks to Eunwoo’s strong support and endless devotion.

Eunwoo and him, they’re something else. What they have is something special and right now, right in this moment he’s the happiest he has ever been. His anxiety and depression and just plain ignorance, it’s all things of the past. A mere distorted memory of what he once was, how he once was and he’s used it all as a healthy inspiration to push himself towards this better self image. This in-tune and socially aware being.

Eunwoo has helped in ways he can’t even describe, so easily filled that empty void with all the love and encouragement he could ever wish for. Could ever want because Eunwoo’s the only one he can imagine being with and knows he will ever desire. Eunwoo always finds a way to make him feel so utterly cherished, to take any bad day and make it one hundred times better with a few simple uplifting sentences.  

He was lost in a darkened reality until Eunwoo rescued him and sometimes he wonders if Eunwoo is maybe too good for him. If he doesn’t deserve all this precious love because he has done nothing virtuous in his life to warn such behaviour from a man who is purely a masked angle sent from heaven.

A man who is purely way to good for him in every way, shape, and form.

‘Yeah, he sure is one lucky guy’ JinJin thinks as he lays his head down on the silk pillow and he yawns in a sleepy contentment.

He will forever be grateful to have been given this one in a million chance and maybe just for everything. Especially for MJ, because without him, without that stupid bet he would never be here. Never be allowed to be with this incredibly special person and it’s so crazy how the pieces fell so smoothly into place. How something as ridiculous as a heated dare led up to them getting together and it still makes him laugh.

This is more then he could ever have wished for. Better then the endless dreams he once filled his shallow days with and the solemn self pity of wanting more, of being more. He will forever be indebted to MJ because without that crazy hyung of his, this happy-ending wouldn’t exist and prince charming wouldn’t be his.

“Move in with me.” Eunwoo’s breathily murmuring in his ear and it has him quickly turning his head to take in the other man. He’s shocked at the sudden words leaving his boyfriend’s lush lips and it’s stunning him into complete silence.

Sure he has thought about it, but isn’t it too soon? Isn’t there still so much they have to learn and experience as a couple? But living together, it sounds so great and so intriguing and something he feels he really wants.    

Before he can say anything and before he can ask Eunwoo why, his phone is ringing from its spot on the night stand. The jingle loud enough to break the short, yet sweet silence and he’s just glad he has the time to properly process Eunwoo’s unexpected question. Over his answer.   

“Hello.” And it’s not long before his best friend is shouting hysterical jumbled sentences over the line.

“MJ?”

“What do you mean you’re lost. It’s 2 in the freakin morning, what are you guys doing way-out there? Oh my god is Sanha okay?”

And maybe somethings haven’t managed to change, but he wouldn’t have it any other way because this it what makes his life so sporadically joyful and undoubtedly his own. He hesitantly side glances at Eunwoo, who is already sliding his forgotten jeans on and he gets up to also dress.

It’s not until they’re driving down some darkened highway in the middle of nowhere, that JinJin gives Eunwoo his answer.

“So, do you want me to tell you yes by yelling across a soccer field or should I have MJ and Donghyuk come up with an elaborate plan?” He side-eyes his driving partner and the man has a wide smile spreading across his shadowed face, which promotes a flourishing one of his own.

This is happy ever after, no Eunwoo’s his happy ever after and this brightly coloured world that’s his everyday life is certainly beautiful.

“I much prefer you and you can give me the special announcement later.” And JinJin’s blushing at that so obvious implication.  

The car’s coming to a stop and Eunwoo’s leaning in until his lips are brushing past his neck. “When we’re alone that is.” Eunwoo lowly voices and he’s quickly pulling back as MJ throws open the passenger door.

The evident distress marking the new figure has the mood dissipating right before his closed eyes and he’s already missing the warming of Eunwoo’s hot skin so close. “Thanks guys we really owe ya this time, right Sanha.” The brunettes laugh is soon fading into a light sigh as he grabs for JinJin’s arms to hurry him out of the two-door car.

“Um Sanha’s a little drunk and Donghyuk.” But MJ’s whispers are getting cut off as a loud “hyung” cracks through the calmness of the night and one blonde boy is hurling himself into JinJin’s embrace. “And Donghyuk’s gone.” MJ cries out.

Sanha’s a yelling drunken mess, MJ’s a crying drunken mess, Donghyuk’s a lost drunken mess, but they find him and somethings might never change. But he’s positively okay with that because this… it’s a perfect ever after.

The one fairy tale he has always wanted and everyday forward is another page in its splendidly illustrated book.