"That" Compliment (Yulhee x Wonwoo)

CupCakeBearXX's Drabbles

Dedicated to @hasanaheart! ❤❤❤❤

What happens when Yulhee receives compliment in a very awkward manner? How will Wonwoo react? Here's how.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yulhee and Wonwoo are with their friends when the whole thing happened. They were kinda saying who's who like "who's the most handsome?" or "who's the funniest?" among themselves until it came down to the question, "who do you think is the iest?" and surprisingly everyone said one same name, well except for two. They were just unprepared.

" YULHEE!"

Well, that just left Yulhee baffled, her jaw slightly dropping. Wonwoo, on the other hand was happy that her girlfriend was receiving the love and compliment she deserves (being the insecure she is) BUT was also feeling protective of her because "iest"? That's just off and ONLY HE can acknowledge that. In the end, he was smiling with one of his eyebrows raised.

"What are you even talking about? Me? The se- what do you guys even mean?" Yulhee confusingly and shockingly asks her friends. "What we mean, you say? First, you have great body proportions." Solbin starts. "Also, you have great clothing choices which makes everything better. You just showcase your S-line properly, girl." Haein continued. "Wait,wait, wait. Let me tell you something! There was once when Yulhee and I was asked to get something from the library." Dokyeom said.

By this time. Wonwoo's arm is already sliding into Yulhee's waist. And as time passes by, it seems to hold her tighter, as if protecting her. Yulhee noticed this and looked at Wonwoo but he only smiled at her and went back to listen intently to his friend. Talk about (him) having a face. "And then this teacher asked me if Yulhee was a idol trainee. I said no and then she said that she thought Yulhee is one because of her pretty face and great body line." Dokyeom ended. Everyone just went like "ooh!". Yulhee's faced went kinda red since she's not used to the compliments so everyone laughed at her as Wonwoo hugged her with one arm.

The day passes and everyone is slowly going on their own way home. Solbin, Yulhee's roommate, still has to attend a date with her boyfriend Mingyu so Wonwoo has to take her home with his car.

On the way to parking lot, Wonwoo and Yulhee were kinda awkward with each other since the whole "y" thing happened but they're still holding hands while walking. Until Wonwoo could not take the silence so he decided to break the ice.

"Hey" he started that made Yulhee look up. "Sorry if I got so tensed up during "that" time." "Oh.." " It's just that.." Wonwoo's voice faltered. "Just what?" "It's just I'm so happy that you've been getting compliments but it also makes me so protective of you." He stopped and held Yulhee on both shoulders. "People seeing your y is something that bothers me. I feel like it's something only I can see and appreciate."

And for the first time, Yulhee saw something in Wonwoo's eyes she never have seen before: the eyes of insecurity. "If you found someone else better than me, would leave me for that person?" Wonwoo worriedly asks Yulhee. That statement just made Yulhee smile.

"Oppa, I chose you because you're unique and you match with me; not because you're the best I've seen. Just because there's someone better than you, doesn't he matches me. Only you can do that. Don't worry, oppa. I won't leave you." Yulhee tells him as she hugs him in the waist, listening to his heartbeat. Wonwoo hugs Yulhee's head and kisses her in the head. "Thank you Yulhee. I'm so grateful to you." "No worries oppa. I'm grateful to you too."

"I love you, Yulhee."

"I love you too, Wonwoo Oppa."